Paragon FX Jurassic Park John Hammond Cane Replica

ram4815162342

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Received my beautiful John Hammond Cane replica from Paragon FX Group today! So happy with this purchase! Was hoping this would be a nice opportunity for Rylo to tell us a little more about its design, iteration, production, etc! Would love to know what went into the amber end, etc.

Once again, Paragon FX really coming through with amazing quality. Cheers and thank you guys!

IMG_8403 Large.jpeg

IMG_8404 Large.jpeg

IMG_8405 Large.jpeg

IMG_8406 Large.jpeg

IMG_8407 Large.jpeg

Nice, I hated the old one that was just a sticker inside and had no depth 360 degrees. This one looks good.

Thanks for the kind words! We actually 3D printed the elephant mosquitoes used in our replicas.

You guys wouldn't believe how much energy was spent fussing over the veins in wings, length of legs, placement, etc.

We're particularly pleased with the finish, too. The goal was to steer clear of the zebra-stripe finishes seen elsewhere and really concentrate on a nice fossilized bone look. Everyone involved with this one really cared.

-Rylo

NOTE: A lot of people are under the impression that Hammond's cane is supposed to be bamboo. It's actually a fossilized dinosaur tail.
It's also a bit more flat than round (like the hero props) which also surprises people. Just think, freshly excavated dino-tail, topped with Dominican amber. Hammond was stylin'!

Thanks for the kind words! We actually 3D printed the elephant mosquitoes used in our replicas.

You guys wouldn't believe how much energy was spent fussing over the veins in wings, length of legs, placement, etc.

We're particularly pleased with the finish, too. The goal was to steer clear of the zebra-stripe finishes seen elsewhere and really concentrate on a nice fossilized bone look. Everyone involved with this one really cared.

-Rylo

NOTE: A lot of people are under the impression that Hammond's cane is supposed to be bamboo. It's actually a fossilized dinosaur tail.
It's also a bit more flat than round (like the hero props) which also surprises people. Just think, freshly excavated dino-tail, topped with Dominican amber. Hammond was stylin'!
Yeah, looks good for sure. That fossilized Dino vertebrae is why I made mine out of antler. To make it more like the original "story" of the piece and not an exact replica. But this new version is solid. Good work.

Thanks Rylo! You're totally right - I also was surprised of the more oval shape of the staff, but it made sense since it's meant to be bones. I was wondering how you did the mosquitoes, I've been looking at closely it and noticed the veins in the wings, etc - I was trying to figure out how you'd do something with such fine detail over and over for this. The final effect is excellent and convincing. Very impressive!

EDIT: And the fact that wings have an iridescent/reflective look INSIDE the amber as you turn the end is awesome.

Just got mine today. OMG, is that thing impressive!
I didn't even know it was going to come in that cool custom box! Awesome all the way around.

I almost can't believe anyone didn't get that it's supposed to be dinosaur bones! :) Hell, I caught that Easter egg the first time I saw the movie!
The kind of flat design was a surprise though, but I knew that had to be based on what the actual props looked like. You never really see him spin it or anything in the movie, so you can't tell...

With the fancy boxes complete with barcodes, is there a plan to sell them at Universal Studios at some point?

Can't wait for the new Cryocan now... :)

Just got mine today. OMG, is that thing impressive!
I didn't even know it was going to come in that cool custom box! Awesome all the way around.

I almost can't believe anyone didn't get that it's supposed to be dinosaur bones! :) Hell, I caught that Easter egg the first time I saw the movie!
The kind of flat design was a surprise though, but I knew that had to be based on what the actual props looked like. You never really see him spin it or anything in the movie, so you can't tell...

With the fancy boxes complete with barcodes, is there a plan to sell them at Universal Studios at some point?

Can't wait for the new Cryocan now... :)
I saw on their website that the Cryocan is now expected sometime in October, but they have more pictures showing the packaging and it looks really nice. I'm really looking forward to getting it.

I just got mine recently too and it looks great! The mosquito looks really nice, they really did an awesome job on that 3d printed bug.

I was wondering the same thing about the box Rik1138, for me a nice box isn't really important, but I do like when someone puts in the effort...

Here's a little video on it

PS5C2280.MOV.08_10_09_12.Still002.jpg
PS5C2280.MOV.08_10_39_18.Still004.jpg

Nice cane.Looks really accurate.
It looks exactley like my Hammond cane from Chronicles that I bought years ago.Did they used the same molds?

Nice cane.Looks really accurate.
It looks exactley like my Hammond cane from Chronicles that I bought years ago.Did they used the same molds?
No, We spent an incredible amount of time on the asymmetrical top alone, actually going as far as to key it to keep consistency with placement throughout production. In proportion to bug placement, etc.

Their bug was 3d printed so they are similar...the cane body and topper; different animals. Quite a difference in our finishes, etc. but I
get the comparison at a glance.

With that, glad you like it. (y)

Last edited:
No, We spent an incredible amount of time on the asymmetrical top alone, actually going as far as to key it to keep consistency with placement throughout production. In proportion to bug placement, etc.

Their bug was 3d printed so they are similar...the cane body and topper; different animals. Quite a difference in our finishes, etc. but I
get the comparison at a glance.

With that, glad you like it. (y)
Thanks for the information.

They are really,really close from what I´ve seen.

The top of the Chronicles is also asymmetrical.

The brown weathering is a little bit darker on the chronicles one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back