Announcement Junkyard Changes - ALL PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just trying to stir something up. There hasn't been enough drama about premium memberships over the past couple days... I got bored.

I am not following you or maybe you guys aren't understanding what we are planning. A responsive design is one that changes and morphs based on the device you are using. Right now, the RPF style is the RPF style. On a mobile device (unless it switches the mobile style, which is horrible) you just get a shrunk down and horrible version of the full site, which is all but impossible to use on something like an iPhone. With a responsive style, the whole site will remold itself to the size of your device so it is usable. It isn't like we are taking away the ability to use the RPF on a mobile device... we are building this FOR mobile devices.

I'm interested to see how mobile looks in the future then. I don't use tapatalk, just browse the site like normal on my phone.

Maybe that's why my eyesight is going downhill. :behave

I just want to say that the new JY rules and overall format are awesome. Just awesome!
As an occasional buyer, I love it. I don't personally take advantage of the selling feature, but I'm a premium member solely to support the RPF. The way I see it this place has been very good to a lot of us for over a decade...so giving back through a membership subscription seemed like the way to go.
I'm really digging all the upgrades and very smart changes...and I love that the RPF is always 2 steps ahead in wanting to stay current and relevant, year after year.

Cheers and well done.

David

I am a very new member here, I would like to purchase a premium membership, but need clarification on two points.

1) As a premium new member I can post only to the JY. If I made several of the same items would I have to post one at a time, then when one sold make another post for the same item?

In theory, yes. In practice, no. You wouldn't actually have to create a new thread each time.You simply wouldn't mark the item as sold, so it would continue to show as being for sale.
In line with this topic, I have another question. Say I am offering castings indefinitely of an item I made. I will have one item cast and ready to ship, but will only cast more if I get further orders. Is this still keeping with the 'IN HAND AND READY TO SHIP' rule?

Also, can I insert a link to WIP pics in the post to show that I really did make the item and did not recast someone else's?

I'm interested to see how mobile looks in the future then. I don't use tapatalk, just browse the site like normal on my phone.

Maybe that's why my eyesight is going downhill. :behave

I got tapatalk last year, but found that it is much easier browsing the board on my phone using chrome. I just hold it at the perfect distance to my eyes and have no problems at all.

(Perfect distance being around 6 inches, but it looks 'normal' :lol, ie feels like a normal monitor)

One thing I'd love to see corrected.

If you leave anything at all out on the listing form, it sends you back for a correction. No problem there; BUT; it makes you reload the pictures too. Why does it dump the photos?

In line with this topic, I have another question. Say I am offering castings indefinitely of an item I made. I will have one item cast and ready to ship, but will only cast more if I get further orders. Is this still keeping with the 'IN HAND AND READY TO SHIP' rule?
No... "in hand ready to ship" means exactly that, already made, not "I will make it when I get the order".

Also, can I insert a link to WIP pics in the post to show that I really did make the item and did not recast someone else's?
Yes.

Is that section available to new premium members?
If you were to become a Premium Member, you would immediately have access to sell in the Project Runs forum as you are already a full member (50 posts and a member for more than 90 days). If a member that does not meet that criteria becomes a Premium Member, they will not be able to sell in the Project Runs forum until they have 50 posts and have been a member for at least 90 days.

One thing I'd love to see corrected.

If you leave anything at all out on the listing form, it sends you back for a correction. No problem there; BUT; it makes you reload the pictures too. Why does it dump the photos?
We are aware of that and we are looking into resolving it.

Montagar nailed it regarding "in hand and ready to ship" but because this is so important, I want to reiterate. The Junkyard is intended to move items quickly... items that are "in hand and ready to ship." It is not intended for "made to order" items. Now, obviously, we can't know if you actually have the item in hand or not, but I would strongly discourage you from setting up an unspoken "made to oder" model using the Junkyard to sell those items as this is exactly how many sellers get in trouble and eventually get kicked out of the community. I would encourage you to make a small batch of items, sell them one by one and as you get near the end of your stock, make more. Stay ahead of the buying curve so you always have product in stock. This rule about "ready to ship" isn't just something random that we threw in. It is something we have seen time and time again ruin a seller's reputation and ONLY selling items you have in hand virtually eliminates this issue.

Last edited:
I have a question. Say I have 20 of an item I want to sell. It is not a 'run' because I am not making them, it's official merchandise. How would I go about listing this? Is there a way to make it so you can say there is more than one item available? Thanks!

I'm subscribed to the new junkyard.
Not sure how because there is no subscribe button but I'm guessing it's because I was subscribed to the old junkyard.
Anyway I would get the daily emails but yesterday the links don't work.
Here's one that didn't work.

For Sale (FS) Robocop Auto 9 conversion kit by Joatrash
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=203269
In
forum: The Junkyard
Started by: Robiwon
Last post: Jan 3, 2014 6:15
PM

They are bringing me to a page that says

Vitus, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. If you are attempting to create a thread in the Junkyard forum, please be aware that you will not be able to create threads until you have been a member for at least 45 days and have a minimum of 20 posts.
  2. If you are attempting to access the Premium Members forums, you will not be able to do so unless you have purchased a Premium Member subscription.
  3. If you are attempting to access the Off-Topic forums, you will not be able to do so until you have been a member for at least 45 days and have a minimum of 20 posts.
  4. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  5. The administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.Sign Out Home

Not sure what is going on. I hope it was ok to report it here.
I got the subscription email today and checked a few links and they worked but the links from yesterday are still a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back