Question Why did I just get a pile of notifications from the RPF?!? (answered)

re: Old PM and thread subscription notifications are being sent (answered)

Darn it... you beat me to it. We just restarted our mail server and there were a number of email notifications (from the past) that had been stuck in the queue that got released. If you look at the actual dates, you will see they are from some time back.

Had 3 notices in my email; they were from about 3 months or so ago :lol

edit - yeah, what Art said...

Why did I just get a pile of notifications from the RPF?!?

We made a few changes to our email server tonight that forced a restart that kicked out quite a few notifications that had been hung in the queue. This means that you are likely to have received a number of notifications that are actually quite old at this point. Please disregard them.

Darn it... you beat me to it. We just restarted our mail server and there were a number of email notifications (from the past) that had been stuck in the queue that got released. If you look at the actual dates, you will see they are from some time back.

Yes! I also received something like 10-12 email for subscribed thread, but all was referred to past post/thread.

Oops... guess it pays to check the date. I replied to one manually... nothing like a follow-up e-mail! ;)

Some work is being done on the email system and it appears that old notifications (pm, thread subscriptions, etc.) are going out.

This one I got today was the most puzzling of all :lol

Dear Alan Castillo,

aceofknaves88 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Interest Thread (INT) SD Studios Neuralyzers. RUN IS CLOSED! - in the The Junkyard forum of the RPF.

This thread is located at:
http://www.therpf.com/f13/sd-studios-neuralyzers-run-closed-79983-new/

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Put me on for a neuralyzer: $500

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
the RPF

Cheery on the cake for the best laugh is it was dated 05 January 2014 :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back