Announcement Junkyard Changes - ALL PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying too hard to be a prop eBay. We'll miss out on those rare gems that pop up from time to time because some people simply won't bother to list now.

Maybe a once a year, the junk yard could be opened up for a "garage sale" for non premium members to list those "gems."

Art,

Something bothering me concerning becoming a premium member.......am I to understand that you require a credit card number be kept on record on the RPF for auto renewal purposes? If I am correct then isn't that opening up every member on this forum to more thieves like our Russian hacker who once took over the entire forum? Can't we just renew on our own once the year is up....maybe an auto reminder via email or just make a time period in Jan a time to renew and credit card info deleted once the transaction is done? It just doesn't set right with me to have my credit card number stored on this forum or anywhere if I can help it. Am I correct on how this works or have I been misinformed?

You have been 100% misinformed. We do not have ANY of your payment information on the site. It is all held at PayPal, not with us.

Just a heads up; we are coding away right now, implementing many of the visual changes you asked for. Not all of them will be put in place yet, but we should have an update by the end of the week that addresses a number of your concerns.

I appologice if the question has been asked and answered before, but...

Would it be possible to "open" the Junkyard to ask Prices in EUR, as an additional option?
This will be great for all over here in europe :)

Thanks for thinking about...

For what it is worth, I am in agreement that the option should be changed to "Firm". Just about anyone is willing to come down on a price under the right circumstances. I don't think you should have to advertise it. Just give the option to eliminate the haggling that time or two when you absolutely can't take less.

Reactions: JD
I appologice if the question has been asked and answered before, but...

Would it be possible to "open" the Junkyard to ask Prices in EUR, as an additional option?
This will be great for all over here in europe :)

Thanks for thinking about...

This is something we have on the list to change, but it is going to take just a bit.

Just curious...

My JY thread for Tmnt costumes has disappeared. Is it due to these updates?

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before.

Say I paid for one month's membership fee, is there a limit for how many FS thread I can post within that month? And will all these FS threads be deleted or become un-viewable once my subscription expires?

I apologize in advance if this has been addressed before.

Say I paid for one month's membership fee, is there a limit for how many FS thread I can post within that month? And will all these FS threads be deleted or become un-viewable once my subscription expires?

There is no limit on how many you can post.

No, they won't automatically be deleted once your subscription expires. However, if we feel someone is taking advantage of the system, we may step in and remove threads.

ACK!!! I just realized we moved a number of threads that shouldn't have been. Sorry about that, guys!

Orrrr, someone could simply decide (at any time) that they have over 4 dollars worth of merchandise and buy a membership for the month and sell whatever they have in their own personal garage sale. As I've said in numerous threads; If someone wants to sell in the JY but they can't cost justify 1$ a week in their profit margins, we're all really better off not having their crap clog the area.

Hell, I'd worry about the guy struggling to pay 4.00 a month even having enough gas in the car to get my package to the PO!

Seriously, I never saw the first person wrestling with making a profit off the junkyard, but the moment those amenities require a little service by way of a Premium Membership the entitlement mentality kicks in. Why not just cut to the chase and say the words:"I can profit off you and all you provide, but you shouldn't expect a dime from me. I expect you to provide me the means by which to make spare cash while spending your money (not mine) on numerous upgrades, improvements, etc. OH, and the manpower it takes to keep all that going...cover that for me too! Ya know, because I'm entitled to it..."

-Rylo

Note: Not directing all of this against the OP I've quoted below but rather the entitlement mentality at large.

Maybe a once a year, the junk yard could be opened up for a "garage sale" for non premium members to list those "gems."

Last edited:
I'll tell everybody what!

If some poor unfortunate person here is so completely down on their luck that they cannot spare $4 in order to keep their livelihood going (selling props to put food on the table) I will "donate" $4 to you. This is a one time offer! First come first serve! There can be only one!

The only catch is that I am going to make a gigantic spectacle of the whole thing.

Just another update. We have a number of changes, based on your suggestions, ready to push out, but we are waiting on a few others to be finished up, so we can roll them all out at once. Pretty excited to get the next revision done.

Orrrr, someone could simply decide (at any time) that they have over 4 dollars worth of merchandise and buy a membership for the month and sell whatever they have in their own personal garage sale. As I've said in numerous threads; If someone wants to sell in the JY but they can't cost justify 1$ a week in their profit margins, we're all really better off not having their crap clog the area.

Hell, I'd worry about the guy struggling to pay 4.00 a month even having enough gas in the car to get my package to the PO!

Seriously, I never saw the first person wrestling with making a profit off the junkyard, but the moment those amenities require a little service by way of a Premium Membership the entitlement mentality kicks in. Why not just cut to the chase and say the words:"I can profit off you and all you provide, but you shouldn't expect a dime from me. I expect you to provide me the means by which to make spare cash while spending your money (not mine) on numerous upgrades, improvements, etc. OH, and the manpower it takes to keep all that going...cover that for me too! Ya know, because I'm entitled to it..."

-Rylo

Note: Not directing all of this against the OP I've quoted below but rather the entitlement mentality at large.

??
Who said anything about profit? This was a post just about fun and community. Garage sales can be fun. That was the only thing I was suggesting.
Rylo, you are the ideal seller in the junkyard. I think we all agree that you are a well respected prop maker/ businessman. Your reputation is above reproach and you always make valid, well thought out, persuasive threads and posts. You are right. $4 is not much. It is not unreasonable. You are right, entitlement mentality is not what we should strive for.

Sometimes I am baffled on where you find the energy to defend so many of these junkyard topics so ardently…
You are like the junkyard paladin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back