Interest JIN ROH: The Wolf Brigade - Panzer Cop Armor (Protectgear)

A few years ago I was following a thread on here pretty closely on someone who was making the armor from the anime movie Jin Roh The Wolf Brigade. Sadly I think it fell through, as it has not been updated in quite some time. This sparked my pursuit in creating my own armor from the anime. For anyone who was following that thread and would like to have their own panzer cop armor, I have begun modeling and printing everything in hopes that I can churn out a few complete sets given enough interest. So that would be the big question...is anyone still interested in this costume? I would love to know what the numbers are before I fully commit myself down this rabbit hole.

Here are some renderings in case you need some visual examples of my work. Keep in mind these models are still works in progress.

Helmet & Night Vision Goggles

View attachment 1325575
View attachment 1325576

Poleyn & Greave

View attachment 1325577

Parts that I have test printed and had a round of sanding..

Tasset

View attachment 1325578

Cod Plate

View attachment 1325579

Left Arm Ammo Guide/Shield

View attachment 1325580

View attachment 1325581

Fresh off the print bed

Right Arm Vambrace

View attachment 1325582

View attachment 1325583

If any of this looks promising to the elusive Kerberos fan, please let me know!

__________________________UPDATE: 1/23/2018______________________________

More work on the helmet and mask since that seems be whats appealing to you all. I'd be okay doing just a run of the helmet and mask if no one is interested in the rest of the armor.

View attachment 1325584

______________________UPDATE 1/26/2018____________________

The mask and helmet are more or less finished. I just need to add a few minor details like the teardrop thingies on the mask brow.

View attachment 1325585

View attachment 1325586

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

INTEREST LIST AS OF 7/15/2020
1. Dao2
2. Gee2
3. Macorrie
4. CadetTK2386
5. Mechamaniac
6. Retroneon
7. Madchippy6
8. The Game Guru
9. Shenphong
Mightysnafu

Just updating here. I have to move across the country at the end of December and because of this I wasn’t able to invest in producing the prototype for November. I’m trying to finish up my remaining commissions before the move.

I did manage to print out the helmet though. Maybe I’ll post a pic of it even though it’s not much to look at for the time being.

A few years ago I was following a thread on here pretty closely on someone who was making the armor from the anime movie Jin Roh The Wolf Brigade. Sadly I think it fell through, as it has not been updated in quite some time. This sparked my pursuit in creating my own armor from the anime. For anyone who was following that thread and would like to have their own panzer cop armor, I have begun modeling and printing everything in hopes that I can churn out a few complete sets given enough interest. So that would be the big question...is anyone still interested in this costume? I would love to know what the numbers are before I fully commit myself down this rabbit hole.

Here are some renderings in case you need some visual examples of my work. Keep in mind these models are still works in progress.

View attachment 1325575
View attachment 1325576

Poleyn & Greave

View attachment 1325577

Tasset

View attachment 1325578

Cod Plate

View attachment 1325579

View attachment 1325580

View attachment 1325581

Fresh off the print bed

Right Arm Vambrace

View attachment 1325582

View attachment 1325583

More work on the helmet and mask since that seems be whats appealing to you all. I'd be okay doing just a run of the helmet and mask if no one is interested in the rest of the armor.

View attachment 1325584

The mask and helmet are more or less finished. I just need to add a few minor details like the teardrop thingies on the mask brow.

View attachment 1325585

View attachment 1325586

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

INTEREST LIST AS OF 12/23/2020
1. Dao2
2. Gee2
3. Macorrie
4. CadetTK2386
5. Mechamaniac
6. Retroneon
7. Madchippy6
8. The Game Guru
9. Shenphong
10. TableAttack99
11. Bismarck117
12. NEKROFANATIC
So interested

I’ll keep the interested list updated.

I’m investing in a workshop space in Florida for me to crank out some nice kits. Hope to get set up and running early February.

I will be offering kits that the buyer will need to paint and assemble (figure out how best to attach the armor to an undergarment/their body) as well as offering finished kits with all the proper leather strapping etc.

The first run will consist of Helmet & Mask only. Contingent on that being a success, I will move on to producing the rest of the armor.

Bump to see if I can get a few more interested!

Zeroing in on workshop space in the mean time. Hope to be set up and producing pieces mid February.

Last edited:
4C23C7DE-A619-43FF-B3EB-B050F8AD773A.jpeg

Landed a nice sized workshop in southern Florida! I’m working on moving equipment out of storage and into the shop over the next few days. Hope to be up and running by Monday!

View attachment 1325575
View attachment 1325576

Poleyn & Greave

View attachment 1325577

Tasset

View attachment 1325578

Cod Plate

View attachment 1325579

View attachment 1325580

View attachment 1325581

Fresh off the print bed

Right Arm Vambrace

View attachment 1325582

View attachment 1325583

View attachment 1325584

View attachment 1325585

View attachment 1325586

INTEREST LIST AS OF 1/24/2021
1. Dao2
2. Gee2
3. Macorrie
4. CadetTK2386
5. Mechamaniac
6. Retroneon
7. Madchippy6
8. The Game Guru
9. Shenphong
10. TableAttack99
11. Bismarck117
12. NEKROFANATIC
13. Red Outlaw6
14. Eltee
15. mightysnafu
16.MoveZaNeedle

I will gladly pay for the mask and helmet for the full armor set too, but I’m wondering if it’s gonna be like one general size or can it be a little more custom

I will gladly pay for the mask and helmet for the full armor set too, but I’m wondering if it’s gonna be like one general size or can it be a little more custom
What do you mean a little more custom? As it stands right now it will be a one-size-fits-all. The helmet will have an option for a real leather helmet liner, which is really the only thing that will allow it to have a custom fit. The mask will be the same size for everyone.

The laser cutter and 3D printers have all arrived at the shop and are set up to go. Not pictured are two large format SLA printers.

The prototype is schedule to be finished by the end of the first week of March!

IMG_2031.jpg
IMG_2045.jpg

What do you mean a little more custom? As it stands right now it will be a one-size-fits-all. The helmet will have an option for a real leather helmet liner, which is really the only thing that will allow it to have a custom fit. The mask will be the same size for everyone
What do you mean a little more custom? As it stands right now it will be a one-size-fits-all. The helmet will have an option for a real leather helmet liner, which is really the only thing that will allow it to have a custom fit. The mask will be the same size for everyone.
This answered my question I was just worried about the helmet fitting but the room for a helmet liner is perfect

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back