JIN ROH Panzer cop Armor Makers?

howlingwind13

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello,
I did the search and looked at the history of this project and pretty much came up with nothing...
Anyone making the Jin Roh Panzer cop armor? Looking for vac u form stuff...now I know NAS makes the heavy duty armor...but I have a friend who had an "experience" with them and for personal reasons will not use them...
So what do ya got? what's out there? looking for 2-3 costumes
mike

Hello,
I did the search and looked at the history of this project and pretty much came up with nothing...
Anyone making the Jin Roh Panzer cop armor? Looking for vac u form stuff...now I know NAS makes the heavy duty armor...but I have a friend who had an "experience" with them and for personal reasons will not use them...
mike

I got my own personal one made by NAS. Heavy duty indeed. I would sell for the right price. Email me at filmjunkie2000@hotmail.com if interested.

I know NAS makes the heavy duty armor...but I have a friend who had an "experience" with them and for personal reasons will not use them...

Don't know what happened to your friend, but I also had a negative experience with Nightmare Armor and cannot recommend them.

There have been at least two 1:1-scale kits of the mask and helmet released here in Japan, and they occasionally turn up on auction sites. A couple of years ago, RPF member/mod synasp also made a very nice prototype replica of the helmet from the anime, and was planning to offer some, but ultimately shelved the project for various reasons.

But it sounds as if, rather than just the helmet, you're looking for a complete set of armor (or three). Sorry I don't have any leads to offer there. :(

Well i dont know what the problem have been or if its been resolved... But its important to also say that there are people whith allot of good experiences with them.

I am saying this because i feel i got jumped with negativity on the LOH that i feel is unjust and unfair. Its important to not make this into a "negative" thread with vage text like i do not recomend them without giveing an explenation....I think it is better if people rather explain if the issues was resolved or not, and maybe also inform in a constructive way to adress the issue in had.

It can have been a period of problems in a limited time.

I am not Justifying or ambushing anyone.

I just want to make it clear that things happend from time to time, so adrressing what the issue and experience in a civil and constructive way is to all peoples intrest including Nightmare armor and even my self.

Last edited:
I believe that Nightmare Armor has pleased a lot of customers. Their product looks great. However, my personal experience with Nightmare was negative, so I'm not able to recommend them. (I'm not going to say it was a "nightmare," because it really wasn't that dramatic. It was just one of those "Oh, well. I guess I got screwed" kind of things.)

It happened a long time ago, before I was member of the RPF, before I knew who Nightmare Armor was. I no longer have the e-mail from the transaction. The fact that I no longer have "proof" or "evidence" in the form of correspondence is why I did not go into concrete detail in my initial post. However, as TMP has pointed out, it could be unfair to refer vaguely to a "bad experience" and say "I can't recommend them" without giving any explanation, so I'll provide more detail here.

First, though, I'd like to say that I don't intend this to be a NAS-bashing post, and I'm a little hesitant to post the information that TMP has requested because I'm afraid it may pull the thread off-topic. As I wrote at the outset, I'm sure that Nightmare Armor has pleased many customers, even though I'm not one of them.

My experience was limited to a mask and helmet; I have no experience with their body armor.

Here is my experience in a nutshell:

(1) Saw a Jin-Roh mask/helmet on eBay. The helmet looked very nice, eyes lighted with LEDs, helmet made of heavy resin. Text indicated the mask/helmet was 1:1 and would fit an adult head.

(2) I inquired whether the seller would ship to Japan. He replied that he would ship to Japan if I purchased using Buy It Now. To the best of my recollection the opening bid amount was somewhere in the mid-$200 range and the BiN price was in the $300 range. I'm afraid I don't recall the specific numbers and no longer have copies of the digital paperwork; that was two or three computers ago. In any case, my problem wasn't with the price, but rather with the way I was treated after making the purchase. The fact that I paid what seemed to me at the time a lot of money simply reinforced my feeling later that I hadn't been treated very squarely.

(3) I bought the mask/helmet using BiN and paid for shipping to Japan.

(4) Mask/helmet arrived. Nice sculpt and thick, heavy cast. Mask and helmet were much too small to fit me (I'm not a big guy, but I guess I have a fat head. My hat size is US 7.5. They did fit my wife, who is about 5'2"). This isn't really relevant to my complaint, as the mask was for display only. However, the photos in the auction had shown a helmet dressed with insignia, whereas the helmet I had been shipped was bare. Nowhere in the auction text did it state that the purchased helmet would differ from the photos. Also, when I switched on the LEDs, they worked for about five seconds (literally) before fading to black, never to illuminate again.

(5) I wrote to the seller to let him know that the helmet I received didn't match the one in the auction photos, and to ask whether there were decals missing. I also let him know the LEDs had burned out right after i switched them on for the first time, and asked his advice about what the problem might be and how I could fix it. (I remember asking whether the batteries might have died and how to go about replacing them.)

(6) Nightmare's response stands out in my mind as very defensive. His chief concern seemed to be to establish that there was no warranty on the lights and that he was not responsible for their failure. I was surprised by his defensive posture, since nowhere in my message had I suggested that he was responsible or that I was looking for any kind of compensation. I had simply asked for his advice.

(7) He did tell me that there were some decals that would send me so that I could make my helmet match the one in the photos. I thanked him and let him know that I wanted those decals very much. I then followed up with him several times (I'm guessing I wrote five or six times over the course of four months or so) in order to remind him about the decals. He responded to the first couple of messages to say that he was busy but would send them; eventually, though, he stopped responding to my messages, and I never did get the decals.​

So that's it. Nothing too dramatic. I do like the mask and helmet sculpt. But for me, honesty, clear communication, and following through on promises are basic to a good business relationship. Although I may be the exception, I felt that he misrepresented his product (with photos that did not match the actual item) and that, once he had my money, he was eager to give me the brush.

That's why I personally wouldn't transact with him again and can't recommend him.

If others have had positive transactions with Nightmare Armor, perhaps they should post here to balance the picture. And if anyone can recommend any other sources for Jin-Roh armor, please share them here. The main point of this thread is to help howlingwind13 get suited up. :thumbsup

I got two of Scott's deepeyes lid, very nice and heavy duty. Also, it has been a pleasure to deal with Scott.:thumbsup

I sell the faceplate. I probably have a bunch of vac-form German helmets to go with it too.
Scott
WWW.HANGAR18STUDIOS.COM

Hello,
mike

Well, i heard only good about Nightmare Armor. So this is a first one for me. However it might been one of those bad days. However you still got your experience and no one can say otherwise. From my point it looks like they deliver good quality good to the majority of there customers.

As far as electronics, thats why i stay away from that.:lol.. I leave it up to the owners to do that them self. Its so many factors involved and its not easy.... I am sure if you address this to him today you might work something out. Maybe the guy had a bad day. I even been short with people whout meening harm.

Its hard to explain good pr email. Always nice to have a good old phone talk. :):thumbsup

I have had bad experiences with Nightmare. The person who runs it posted a recast of a Vader helmet that didn't live up to what was advertised. Lens distortion, close-up photography masked how warped the helmet was, and it was basically a very, very badly recast Don Post Classic Action, neck cut down, skull scrunched down. He claimed this was the big movie size one.

At the time he only appeared as Armormask on eBay but I managed to connect him with Nightmare Studios.

His eBay ad:

evidence.jpg

(Sorry, the Photobucket system shrank my evidence image, so the words are a bit hard to read).

What I got:

DSC01131.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

This is the most pitiful casting I have ever received. When I filed a report that it was NOT the quality, size or design he implied in his ad, he blasted back that I was just some problem customer.

I will never do business with that individual ever again. I'd rather sculpt my own.

Well I'll elaborate on my friend's situation...I also am not bashing them, I think the stuff on the site looks incredible. But the reason I won't use them was a buddy ordered the armor and when he got it...it was a disaster.
Broken, horrible paint job and that's just touching the surface. He fought back and forth for along time...and the customer service was as bad as the product he recieved...so I won't use them...BUT on the other hand I've seen people at conventions with the stuff and it looked great.

PM sent Hanger18
mike

Last edited:
Wasn't there some controversy with their Halo kits a while back? I could be completely mistaken. I can't find any threads ATM.

:confused.... Oh my.. :confused That helmet does not do any just....:confused
Are you sure this is Nightmare armor???

Well we base our experience on our own and others feedback.. I never got anything from them but what i seen, heard it has only been postive until now. :confused

Kinda derailed a tad...
I also had a bad deal with them...

Bought a Sky Helmet that he had up on Ebay. Claimed it to be a $500.00 paint job and helmet normally sold.

I felt like I got a deal when no one bid and I landed it for 100 bucks.

Then I got it. Crap packed, busted but repairable, and horribly painted.
When I sent an email, I too got a defensive posture, calling me a scammer. I sent him pics and he just gloated that he was glad I got a busted helmet...

I do still have the emails. Horrible sale. I would have had to ship back and loose shipping money twice... Not worth it, so I just kept it.

Does any one know what Japanese company? I am here and could look for you guys...

I dont have personal experience with them and WONT because of friends who have bad deals with them. Real bad attitude with that crew.

As a guy who has an oversized melon, I too have had problems getting things that fit my head.

Be that as it may, I've been debating on taking a crack at the Jin Roh armor, and have some old WWII helmets laying around. I know how to wire up electronics so they don't fail.

If there's a demand for it, and if there's someone who wants to produce it, I'd be up for some kind of limited partnership.

If there's a demand for it, and if there's someone who wants to produce it, I'd be up for some kind of limited partnership.

Wow. I love that armour. Can't believe I didn't realize anyone else would too. I'd be interested in a helmet and mask.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back