JB/Vaderguy...still alive???

Originally posted by Vaapad_VII+Dec 13 2005, 10:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vaapad_VII @ Dec 13 2005, 10:48 AM)</div>
A hot air gun - would a hair dryer work?

<!--QuoteBegin-clutch
@Dec 13 2005, 09:48 AM
If you do get a helmet with marks on it from the bubblewrap, either let it set out in the sun or carefully go over it with a hot air gun.  Worked like a charm for mine and it's held up ever since.
[snapback]1134794[/snapback]​
[snapback]1134836[/snapback]​
[/b]

....or just let it sit in the sunlight for a couple of hours....

Originally posted by SithLord@Dec 13 2005, 12:02 AM
A token remedial response to four pages of public trials and tribulations. After it's forgotten and the next batch of unsuspecting RPF members line up, we'll be at this all over again in six months....

T
[snapback]1134648[/snapback]​

Not if I have anything to say about it. Still waiting on my refund JB. Avoid me all you want but Im not going anywhere.

Rob

Originally posted by BingoBongo275@Dec 13 2005, 03:36 PM
Fingers crossed for you Craig. If there are marks from the bubblewrap they should polish out - mine did

Cheers

Jez

Jez, thanks man. I'm hoping this is it. It would be nice for this mess to be over.

Eli, no problem. I'll post updates to this thread whether I receive it or not.

Good luck to all those waiting for product or a refund.

Craig

My JB Helmet has arrived..... :) After almost 2 1/2 years, finally it is here..

At first glance, it looks good, and there doesn't seem to be any paint issues from the bubble wrap. :thumbsup

Pics to follow later tonight.

Craig

Originally posted by Liquidjedi@Dec 15 2005, 06:11 PM
My JB Helmet has arrived.....  :)  After almost 2 1/2 years, finally it is here..

Good luck in not thinking of it as a "war trophy" from now on as I do mine...

Russ

Picture taking isn't my thing, but here it is, dust and all. The pictures really don't do it justice. I'm really happy with it. Well, I shouldn't talk long; I really need to spend some quality time with it :) I mean I've been waiting over two years. We have a lot of catching up to do.

Picture110.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Picture108.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Craig

Originally posted by clutch@Dec 15 2005, 08:19 PM
Which version is it..??  The tusks look a bit wonky.
[snapback]1136941[/snapback]​
There are no metal tusks on the ends of the tubes. Looks like standard JB...

Originally posted by vader71+Dec 16 2005, 02:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vader71 @ Dec 16 2005, 02:40 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-clutch
@Dec 15 2005, 08:19 PM
Which version is it..??  The tusks look a bit wonky.
[snapback]1136941[/snapback]​
There are no metal tusks on the ends of the tubes. Looks like standard JB...
[snapback]1136956[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks for the kind comments.

Clutch - Yeah, vader71 is right...I haven't put the tusks in yet. They seemed like a tight fit to me...I'm a little nervous about forcing them in. To your point though, the helmet does look a little off without them.

Craig

That's JB's first version of his ANH helmet. It was derived from a prototype version which is likely of Fyberdyne lineage...but this one is much better than a fiberdyne with the newer dome. What I think is interesting about you finally getting it is that you have almost a piece of fan Vader helmet history as this helmet was out of production for quite a while now I believe...congratulations.

:cheers,

T

Originally posted by Liquidjedi+Dec 13 2005, 07:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Liquidjedi @ Dec 13 2005, 07:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-BingoBongo275
@Dec 13 2005, 03:36 PM
Fingers crossed for you Craig. If there are marks from the bubblewrap they should polish out - mine did

Cheers

Jez

Jez, thanks man. I'm hoping this is it. It would be nice for this mess to be over.

Eli, no problem. I'll post updates to this thread whether I receive it or not.

Good luck to all those waiting for product or a refund.

Craig
[snapback]1135340[/snapback]​
[/b]

I would not use a hot air gun - you're gonna melt your helmet - unless that's what you want . Myself I would contact the guy who sent you your helmet

Originally posted by darth marcus@Dec 9 2005, 02:55 PM
To those doubters and naysayers.....You will have your product and he should be replying to those who still have unanswered questions in the VERY near future. JB apologizes for the lapse and is working to rectify any problems or snafu's. Your products will be shipped very shortly and if you have any questions PM me. I am in Ohio (US) and will help anyway I can. Cheers.
[snapback]1132522[/snapback]​

You're brave - I've seen how miserable some of comments are coming from a certain few individuals .

Great news Craig,

That would be a JB ANH Mk.1, haven't seen one of these in a very long time.

Congratulations :)

Alan.

Originally posted by Liquidjedi@Dec 15 2005, 02:11 PM
My JB Helmet has arrived.....  :)  After almost 2 1/2 years, finally it is here..

At first glance, it looks good, and there doesn't seem to be any paint issues from the bubble wrap.  :thumbsup

Pics to follow later tonight.

Craig
[snapback]1136566[/snapback]​

Congrats Craig , JB does great work , but 2 1/2 years?
I would be a total wreck after 2 1/2 months :p

BTW ....Great looking helmet :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back