JB/Vaderguy...still alive???

You would have thought though that after waiting over two years for it he would have atleast sent you the much better ANH v2 version instead of his most inaccurate v1 offering.

Originally posted by Liquidjedi@Dec 15 2005, 06:11 PM
My JB Helmet has arrived.....  :)  After almost 2 1/2 years, finally it is here..

[snip]

Craig
[snapback]1136566[/snapback]​

Just dont tost it to eBay to soon Craig.
Make you sure love it, clean it and play a little bit for a good while.

Originally posted by Armidala@Dec 15 2005, 11:39 PM
I would not use a hot air gun - you're gonna melt your helmet - unless that's what you want . Myself I would contact the guy who sent you your helmet
[snapback]1137058[/snapback]​

Rubbish. You're not gonna melt a fiberglass helmet with a hot air gun. Especially if you wave it gently over the surface.

I just realized that the tusks were not in. Sorry about that. And yes, it is definately different than the V2.

I think I'm going to darken the gunmetal on mine and give it more of a satin finish. Provided I don't sell it before then and I find the time. lol

RKW, if his order has been years in the making, maybe the V2 was not out then and he just got what he ordered?

You are correct, the V2 was not out then, and in all rights was not supposed to be "out" at all. Yet ANOTHER bone of contention with JB. A guy who rarely if ever honors his agreements (at least with me). There were supposed to be 3 V2's total. he agreed to that in writing, and then he magically bumped it up to 5, adding a helmet for DME3O (surprise.) and Sporak, who never ended up getting his. So I guess somewhere in there Mr. JB decided to just offer them to whoever. Probably because he was already recasting me and lying to me anyway, so why not?

Originally posted by Ghost Host@Dec 16 2005, 10:57 AM
You are correct, the V2 was not out then, and in all rights was not supposed to be "out" at all.  Yet ANOTHER bone of contention with JB.  A guy who rarely if ever honors his agreements (at least with me).  There were supposed to be 3 V2's total.  he agreed to that in writing, and then he magically bumped it up to 5, adding a helmet for DME3O (surprise.) and Sporak, who never ended up getting his.  So I guess somewhere in there Mr. JB decided to just offer them to whoever.  Probably because he was already recasting me and lying to me anyway, so why not?
[snapback]1137335[/snapback]​

That's a shame. I was a noob at the time I got mine and didn't realize there was all this history behind these helmets.

I know the V2 wasn't around at the time he ordered it but it's still a bit of a slap in the face. It's as if the manufacturer has replied with:-

"Sorry to keep you waiting for two years. I have made some great advancements to the product in that time but you will have to make do with the old crappy version"

Okay, so far we have one helmet... delivered after 2 1/2 years. We are rolling now JB. Please dont slow down production just yet. One question. Since I am no longer interested in your helmet, how long must I wait for a refund??? Still waiting for a response.

Craig, I am glad that you finally received your helmet. Ive waited 10 months and have no intention to wait any longer. Im tired of sending my contact information everytime I inquire about the helmet. I have better things to do with my time and money.

Rob

Nice pics. Glad to see that you did get your helmet even tho the wait must have been very agonizing for you.

IMO (and I do mean IN MY OPINION) I have been reading up on these threads as I too am waiting for a JB helmet and I guess the question is "is it worth the wait?" Looking at the number of ppl that have put in their own dealings with him, and noticing that even some of the neg comments do have some positive feedback in his work, I think it is. And I will wait for something that I believe will be of a good quality. If it's not... stuff will hit the fan.

My question is tho, why try to stop ppl from helping JB sort out his mess? I know that ppl do get aggravated in waiting (I deal with getting parts all the time) but if there is someone there that is willing to help why not let them? If you really don't want his or her help then kindly tell them but I don't think that it's something that Moderators or administrator of the RPF should have to be told to do from forum members.

It's true that I haven't been a member of this forum as long as some of you guys and I don't post very much (I prefer to help ppl by pm) but I have noticed a trend that bothers me about the forum. Many ppl have lots of info on many things that surround the world of props and making of props. It's all good and I'm happy to read some of the threads (vader show-off was awesome as with other "making-of" threads) but, somehow negativity interjects and the thread just falls apart. Is it really that neccessary to inject that kind of negativity into some of these threads?

I actually do look forward to reading topics on this forum and just hate to see this trend always repeating itself. I hope you guys get tried of it too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :lol
KC

Hi KC,

I do get tired of the negativity. But I had to tell my story about my dealings with John Boero (JB).

I ordered my stuff, paid promptly and then the saga began. My stuff was supposedly "in stock" at time of order. There were some delays due to Canadian customs, and my armour apparently vanished in transit, yet the tracking numbers he gave me did actually land at thier destination in NJ?

I get the impression I was lied to, I'm sure someone "recieved" my armour, one of several boxes delivered with my ESB helmet. I think I was fobbed off about the armour to keep some other poor complaining fool happy, an emergency fix, so another set was probably prepared for me soon after. My theory btw.

Call me crazy but I just hate being lied to :angry

There also seems to be a lot of important Vader info being withheld by some, a lot of "I know something you don't, and I'm not gonna tell you".

I'm over all that now, it's a bloody movie charactor.

On a happy note though, Merry Chrismas to all RPF members around the world, let's have a fun and happy 2006 :)

Alan.
Australia.

Hi KC,

If you have the patience to wait 2 1/2 years for a helmet than more power to you. I for one do not. If it takes him that long to complete a transaction than JB is in the wrong line of work. I also do not appreciate being lied to, which he has done since day one. I cant count how many times I have been told that my helmet will ship next week. And I know I am not alone. There are plenty of members here who have experienced the same dishonesty and disrespect from JB. And to add insult to injury, now that I have requested a refund, he has chosen to cut off communication with me alltogether. He refuses to post in this thread or return my emails. A true lowlife in my opinion.

Rob

Merry Christmas, KC.
I think it's safe to say that most of us, if not all, were kindly and patient and all that for a very long time, only to be ignored, lied to or even screwed over. It's been building with this guy to a point that this is the only way to get his attention and get things moving. Then when an unknown member appears out of nowhere and claims to be taking things over for JB; and insults those with grievences (calling them naysayers, etc.) and suggestively threatens them (with legal chatter) it is not appreciated, and even downright low. Wheather it was truly meant that way or not. No this is something JB needs to address himself. JB's new friend will only complicate matters.

Originally posted by Phase@Dec 17 2005, 12:10 AM

My question is tho, why try to stop ppl from helping JB sort out his mess?  I know that ppl do get aggravated in waiting (I deal with getting parts all the time) but if there is someone there that is willing to help why not let them?  If you really don't want his or her help then kindly tell them but I don't think that it's something that Moderators or administrator of the RPF should have to be told to do from forum members.

It's true that I haven't been a member of this forum as long as some of you guys and I don't post very much (I prefer to help ppl by pm) but I have noticed a trend that bothers me about the forum.  Many ppl have lots of info on many things that surround the world of props and making of props.  It's all good and I'm happy to read some of the threads (vader show-off was awesome as with other "making-of" threads)  but, somehow negativity interjects and the thread just falls apart.  Is it really that neccessary to inject that kind of negativity into some of these threads?

[snapback]1137896[/snapback]​

Taking over? No. Helping those that want the product, yes. That is all Steve. You are entitled to your opinion, slander is not appreciated though?. I've let you post your comments with no immediate reply. Deeds not words are what get results. Craig sounded like he really appreciated, although delayed, the helmet and the quality of it. I hope Chris posts as well, when he gets his helmet.

On another note, Happy Christmas to all of my friends throughout the world and the hope that 2006 will be better for all of us.

I haven't received my helmet as of yet, but I'll be sure to speak when I do. JB said he shipped it out a few days ago and even sent me a tracking#. Still waiting.

Chris

Originally posted by darth marcus@Dec 18 2005, 02:41 PM
Taking over? No. Helping those that want the product, yes. That is all Steve. You are entitled to your opinion, slander is not appreciated though?. I've let you post your comments with no immediate reply. Deeds not words are what get results. Craig sounded like he really appreciated, although delayed, the helmet and the quality of it. I hope Chris posts as well, when he gets his helmet.

On another note, Happy Christmas to all of my friends throughout the world and the hope that 2006 will be better for all of us.
[snapback]1138698[/snapback]​

You will find that there are plenty of members here that share in Ghost Host's opinion of JB. I am one of them. Its not slander when its the truth. And what I DO NOT APPRECIATE is being lied to. I have asked for a refund weeks ago and have received nothing. No helmet. No refund. No communication.

One more thing. Pray tell, how will deeds get me a helmet that I payed for 10 months ago. Do I buy him an expensive gift? Bake him some cookies? Invite him to Hawaii? Maybe I should buy him a baseball bat and deliver it in person?

Dont worry JB. I wouldnt dirty my hands with you.

Rob

Slander? Actually it would be libel, but in reality here it is neither. Go back and read how you entered the scene (in 2 different threads). I have stated the truth as you created it. This isn't personal with you, BTW. I really don't know you at all but I wish you well. The way you entered the picture left a bad impression on more than just me, though.

Originally posted by darth marcus@Dec 18 2005, 11:41 AM

[snapback]1138698[/snapback]​

I apologize Steve, for coming in so strong. It was not meant that way. I know about the problems you are stating and I hope it gets resolved in a satisfactory fashion for all those involved. Again, I am just trying to assist those who want it. I wish you and the rest the best as well. (I'm used to "browbeatings" when you support something others don't. That's democracy as it's finest.)

Marcus

Well said Marcus. As you've already figured out.....it's often death by association around here.........especially for these vendors who insist on lying and dragging customers thru hell and back.....and sometimes just ripping them off altogether.

Peace,

Dave

I received my ESB JB Vader helmet today guys, and I must say it looks damn nice. No problems with the paint or anything. I'm very pleased with it.

Chris

Originally posted by ChrisM@Dec 20 2005, 04:17 PM
I received my ESB JB Vader helmet today guys, and I must say it looks damn nice. No problems with the paint or anything. I'm very pleased with it.

Chris
[snapback]1140218[/snapback]​

...post some pix....I miss mine..... :(

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back