JB/Vaderguy...still alive???

Though JB's items are nicely finished, Ihave to agree with the majority. I got false promises false shipping dates and almost no communication. I felt like I had to pull teeth and threaten (followed up by action) just to get a communication. I too feel this needs to be put to an end. He should not be ablw to accept any kind pf payments until his current obligations are met. The mods should definitely ban this guy so he cant accept any more $$$.

He once had the nerve to tell me that if I didn't make up my mind soon about buying a bucket, he'll remove me from his database. Lucky for me... :p

after many threads showing off JB's helmet
i contacted JB myself

i emailed him about the helmets i got no repsonse
i emailed him again with the same email i got

" who refer you to me?"

i answered and got no reply
i emailed him again and got no reply

after i got in contact with cantina_dude here on rpf who works with JB, he answered all of my emails in no less than a day. after many threads about the wait, i decided to hold off on his helmet

that was my experience

Originally posted by darth_manu@Sep 8 2005, 12:05 AM
after many threads showing off JB's helmet
i contacted JB myself

i emailed him about the helmets i got no repsonse
i emailed him again with the same email i got

" who refer you to me?"

i answered and got no reply
i emailed him again and got no reply

after i got in contact with cantina_dude here on rpf who works with JB, he answered all of my emails in no less than a day. after many threads about the wait, i decided to hold off on his helmet

that was my experience
Well there you have it. Selective replies to e-mails. I already knew he was like this, but I'm glad you posted your experience so other people know how he can be.

The guy is a bum.

Hey all..

Thought I would drop my 2 cents in.. I have been dealing with Mike/JB since July 2005 when I had him make me a set of ROTJ armor & bucket. :thumbsup Mike and JB both have been very prompt at answering my e-mails (usually within a couple of hours) and I have had no problems communicating with either one.

:D AMOF, JB e-mailed me yesterday and said my pieces should be ready to ship next week (knock on wood).. I requested that I would like to have them by mid/late September and it looks like it's going to happen. I'll let you know how I make out..

Later.

Fingers crossed for ya pal.

He will come through I'm sure, but when is the BIG question.

I do love my JB ESB helmet and matching armour, but the wait was agony.

Alan.

Yeah, this is very normal for JB.......he favors some customers but neglects others. I can tell you that the loudest sometimes fare better than the quietest. Good luck to you all.

Well, Ive finally had it with this loser. I am now asking for a refund. Ill be surprised if I can get that back. One lie too many for me. Anyone thinkin about buying a helmet from JB aka Vaderguy, think again. I would advise anyone considering dealing with JB to stay away from this A-h***. I waited 10 months for something that was supposed to be "ready to ship ASAP". What is going on inside this morons head???

Rob

Originally posted by rocketeer25@Dec 6 2005, 05:34 AM
Who else is currently either owed product or money? 

Let's get a list together and see what JB has to say for himself.

Lonnie
[snapback]1129569[/snapback]​

I'm sure that's one of the things that JB loves about the internet, that fact there's nothing anyone can do to force him to respond to anything.

I felt truly helpless during my dealings with him, I will never deal with him again.

It was hell, he wasn't even man enough to reply to my emails, if it wasn't for his middleman in NJ pestering him on my behalf I would have probably still been waiting.

I'm in Australia and he's in Canada so I felt totally stranded.

Sorry to hear of your trouble with him, good luck with refunds or getting your goods.

Alan.

I am so pi$$ed. I just hope anyone else who might be thinking about dealin with this jerk reads this thread. Im also interested to know how many others on this forum are in the same position. I know Im not alone.

Rob

Good luck....I was told several weeks it would be done. I asked several times to be sure. It was way over a year....

The guy is bad business.

Buyer beware.

Originally posted by rocketeer25@Dec 6 2005, 05:34 AM
Who else is currently either owed product or money? 

Let's get a list together and see what JB has to say for himself.

Lonnie

JB owes me an ANH Helmet. I paid in full back in Aug. 2003.

Craig

Originally posted by Liquidjedi@Dec 7 2005, 03:50 AM

JB owes me an ANH Helmet.  I paid in full back in Aug. 2003.

Craig
[snapback]1130327[/snapback]​

OVER TWO YEARS FOR A FREAKING HELMET......

That is a disgrace, Craig you must be pulling your hair out :(

Jez

Two years is absolutely ridiculous... MODs, you really need to eliminate this joker from the RPF in general............and most particularly the Junkyard. He continues to prey on our members and it has to stop...

Dave :(

I bought my ESB Vader helmet from JB and then I sent him an unpainted ESB chestarmor on the same time and he did a great job on the chest and the helmet was very nice.
I ordered mine in April and got it in July. I had no problem what so ever.

I must have been very lucky or maybe he didn´t have so much orders back then.

Also, I'm not sure if JB owes me anything or not. What do you think?

The Reader's Digest version...

I paid on three separate occasions for an ANH Vader (before he even offered them here -- I actually stumbled on JB through an eBay auction he had before I'd ever heard of the RPF), stormtrooper armor (with helmet) and a TIE helmet.

I had my money moved around a lot. I outlined some of this in this thread:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=99772

Long story short, after two years I wound up with an ANH Vader and about a year later, an ESB ANH Vader helmet.

This was because I saw evidence that he was making ESB Vaders but nothing to indicate anything else, so I figured I'd tell him to forgo all other agreements and send me an ESB Vader helmet or I'd call him out here. Figured I'd rather have one of something than two of nothing.

Because of that, technically he might not owe me anything. But I did pay for three things and only got two. And he promised me on one occasion that he would hook me up with trooper armor even after I said I was done with him after the ESB Vader. He once offered me an unassembled stormtrooper helmet for my troubles that I never got.

Mind you, I've never pursued this with JB personally so I'm not sure how fair it is to say he owes me something publicly without at least giving the chance to fabricate some lie to explain himself.

Cheers.
TJ

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back