JB/Vaderguy...still alive???

I remember when he told me his "turn around time" was two weeks. :lol Oh, what a load of crap. Still no response for my request for a refund. I guess he's still trying to figure out how my name was checked as shipped when apparently it was not. I am curious to know what it would take to get this guy banned from the forum. This is a never ending cycle with this crook.

Rob

Well I will not defend JB, but I will say that as a costume maker, there are times when crap just spins out of control and the time frame promise becomes moot.

That is why I give myself nearly three times the presumed time. If it takes a day, I give myself three. Takes a month...I give three months.

D

To those doubters and naysayers.....You will have your product and he should be replying to those who still have unanswered questions in the VERY near future. JB apologizes for the lapse and is working to rectify any problems or snafu's. Your products will be shipped very shortly and if you have any questions PM me. I am in Ohio (US) and will help anyway I can. Cheers.

So who are you and how are you involved with JB?

Originally posted by darth marcus@Dec 9 2005, 01:55 PM
To those doubters and naysayers.....You will have your product and he should be replying to those who still have unanswered questions in the VERY near future. JB apologizes for the lapse and is working to rectify any problems or snafu's. Your products will be shipped very shortly and if you have any questions PM me. I am in Ohio (US) and will help anyway I can. Cheers.
[snapback]1132522[/snapback]​

Originally posted by darth marcus@Dec 9 2005, 03:55 PM
[snapback]1132522[/snapback]​

More JB spin? You have to be kidding us.....

What makes you qualified to offer these promises for a guy that can not follow thru and has questionable ethics as it is?

Naysayer??? Im sorry, but when someone tells you they have a helmet ready to ship once payment is sent and 10 months later you have received squat, you know you've been handed a croc of $hit.

What I am curious about is that if JB is REALLY sincere about offering some assurances to the members here that have shown incredible patience, then it is poor form to use yet another middleman. JB is a member here. This thread is about his customers....his PRESENT customers who are RPF members and who are waiting for refunds...it's no longer about waiting for product. JB should take some responsibility for what he has put his customers through and come on here and provide a solid timeframe for either a refund or a delivery for each customer. It is clear he has no interest in dealing with customers in a timely manner...which is basic, basic courtesy.

JB reads every email he gets.

Look, if you have a computer and you run a business that makes as much money as JB's does AND you have a website showing off those products (or his collection as it may well be), then I'm sure he's going to check his email if he has new customers. Think about it. Who in this day and age cannot manage to reply to an email within a week unless they are in Tibet or something? If I sent him an email asking about progress....no reply. If I ask him about buying something else from him....reply the next day. If I ask him how much longer on the painting....no reply or a reply three weeks later. If I intimate that someone said his work is not from original pieces....he replies WITHIN A COUPLE OF HOURS.

Thomas

If JB were a ligitimate honest business person, he'd confront his critics swiftly and justly. He can't do that because he can't or won't deliver the goods these hardworking consumers paid for months and years ago.

I feel sorry for you that deem it necessary for you to defend this guy over and over. I speak from experience. I used to defend EDC because he had property of mine that I desperately wanted back.............but I'll not ever defend him again, good guy or not............he's just a bad with his business practices and I'll never again knowingly allow other potential buyers to fall into the same traps set by EDC that I fell into.

Don't waste your time on people like these guys.......you will make far more enemies than you will friends just because you take a stance that helps him in any way. He took these people's money and he's given nothing in return. That is robbery as I see it.

Dave :(

The law student in me must point out that it isn't robbery, which require theft from the person in a violent manner.

That being said, it is certainly some form of Theft (larceny or theft by false pretenses under common law). That being the case, why has no one taken legal action here? If people have paid over $1000 for merchandise and haven't received it, is legal action not appropriate? Or do people just consider it to be more trouble than its worth? Service of summons would certainly get his attention if emails and other forms of communication are not...

I do sincerely hope that people haven't been permenantly screwed out of their hard-earned money

~Dave

Dave,
Part of the problem with legal action is it cost money and JB is in Canada....I believe that makes it a bit messy.
Besides its an internet sale with no sales receipt, all you have is a money order and a email to make your case. Sure you may win but will it be enforced in Canada and did you spend more on your lawyer than you did on the helmet. :(

David (Yes thats three Dave posts in a row :))

No refund. No response. Where are you JB? What is your excuse this time? What do you have to say for yourself? Its time for you to man-up for once or go away forever and stop polluting this forum with your presence.

Rob

What about a class-action suit? Although again the Canada thing makes it problematic. But, there is also Revenue Canada. I'm sure they would like to know how much extra income he's making from the sales ;)....

:cheers,

T

Again, you'd be paying for a lawsuit, which could get pricey. However, I believe that US courts would have jurisdiction over him, even being from Canada, because he has intentionally sought to do business in the US. That being said, I'm not too sure what would happen if people did get together and file a class-action suit, and then he just didn't show - I'll need another semester of civil procedure before I can answer that I guess :unsure

~Dave

Hopefully, we can work together and alleviate any future problems. I hope that we won't have to concern ourselves with civil suits and jurisdictions. I respect all of your opinions and I too would be highly upset if I didn't recieve a product I paid for. . I know a large amount of you should be getting your product this week. (The reason for the delay is not entirely clear at this time.) For those of you that don't recieve what you paid for, PM me with the details. I'll leave it up to you if you wish to continue business with JB. I'll be availble for legitimate inquiries. Cheers.

wouldn't that be like a crack addict complaining to the police that his dealer didn't deliver?

Originally posted by darth marcus@Dec 11 2005, 09:21 PM
......I'll be availble for legitimate inquiries.  Cheers.
[snapback]1133688[/snapback]​

With respect JB should clear up ALL his outstanding debts before there's any touting for new business

After TWO YEARS of waiting thats the very least people here deserve

Cheers

Jez

Originally posted by darth marcus@Dec 11 2005, 04:21 PM
Hopefully, we can work together and alleviate any future problems. I hope that we won't have to concern ourselves with civil suits and jurisdictions. I respect all of your opinions and I too would be highly upset if I didn't recieve a product I paid for. . I know a large amount of you should be getting your product this week. (The reason for the delay is not entirely clear at this time.)  For those of you that don't recieve what you paid for, PM me with the details. I'll leave it up to you if you wish to continue business with JB. I'll be availble for legitimate inquiries.  Cheers.
[snapback]1133688[/snapback]​

I fail to see why I now have to contact you for a refund??? My business was with JB, not you. I have requested a refund directly from JB. Now that I have asked for my money back he has chosen to avoid me altogether. It was easy to make excuses before. Ive been sick, trouble with shipping across the border, problems with the paint, my wife checked your helmet as shipped and so on. He has no excuse for not sending a refund. And I refuse to deal with a middle man who shows up out of nowhere to resolve this situation. In honesty, everytime I read one of your posts it adds fuel to the already raging fire your associate has started. No PRIVATE messages. This mess is going to be dealt with in the open. If I can prevent new members from being duped by JB and yourself using my situation as an example, I WILL. Pass that on to your buddy in Canada.

Rob

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back