Jack Sparrow pistol kit/casts available?

MadCowRebel

Does anyone make kits or casts of jacks pistol? The old Zizzle toys that everyone used to make their builds from have long been out of production and are quite rare now. Last one I saw on ebay was going for over $125. I don't mind paying for quality but this is a plastic toy.

So any leads on kits/casts? Would really help a fanboy out, thanks
1610583869677.png

When I was looking into making one before looking at all the unfinished pieces I'm currently (not) working on, I was looking at the Denix KY Flintlock Pistol replica. It looked like a good enough base but will require some bodywork, especially on the grip section. Price-wise, it's significantly less expensive. There are quite a few on a certain auction site.

The Denix kentucky flintlock is a great base for a Jack Sparrow flintlock build, but finding additional parts can be pretty tough. I cast some pieces years ago in pewter, off a knock off Zizzle pistol, not the easiest way but effective.
104948679_10156985785302132_8090226155392882469_n.jpg

You can find very cheap knock off's of the Zizzle flintlocks from Chinese vendors on eBay. It may take a good hour of searching through terms like "Plastic Pirate Gun" or "Pirate flintlock Toy" but they can be found. My local chain of cheap shops had dozens of them several years back, I have a feeling I may have a box of them somewhere.

If you google Peter Dyson butt cap, I'm pretty sure they still carry the exact match. I'm not sure if they carry the correct side plate, trigger guard, etc though. You can look under the "Casting" section. I think there used to be a website that carried the side plates but it seems that website is no longer active. And just as a disclaimer, I've not used Peter Dyson's site to order anything.

I remember a way back someone was offering castings but unfortunately fell through. I’ve always wanted one

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back