Ironman 2 Wearable Arc Reactor - INSTRUCTION VIDEO IS UP!!!

pRoJectEarth7

Hi everyone

Been wanting to build an ARC REACTOR for our soon to be made suit and wanted this version...
1063747-1261078579132_super.jpg

Most Arc Reactor I've seen here is Mark 1 and Mark VI version... I wonder if someone already made the above photo version:confused...

I have only few reference photos on this and will really appreciate additional photo reference from anyone who would like to share...

Thanks in advance and we'll start building this baby soon...;):thumbsup

cheers!

Last edited:
Re: Ironman 2 MKIV Arc Reactor - New Project!

If your wanting something that will be accurate for the suit (guessing a mark3or4 suit) you would want a unibeam not an arc reactor. You only see the unibeam when he is in suit, the arc is behind it. ;)

If your wanting something that will be accurate for the suit (guessing a mark3or4 suit) you would want a unibeam not an arc reactor. You only see the unibeam when he is in suit, the arc is behind it. ;)

a Unibeam?... what does it looked like? (I mean the details)... would really appreciate if you could post some reference photos here...

thanks Finhead:)

Pretty sure the unibeam looks like a bright white light, lol... but then again I am not sure.

Is it just me or does that version of the reactor look like it has a lot less going on inside it than seen in the first film??

Wow... That unibeam photo is high res...

thanks Finhead... you've been very kind and supportive as always:):thumbsup

Wow... That unibeam photo is high res...

thanks Finhead... you've been very kind and supportive as always:):thumbsup

As I said that is all I have at the moment, lost all my pics in a HD crash a few weeks back. If you look you'll find lots more, it's very detailed piece and would be super hard to get accurate at all.

As I said that is all I have at the moment, lost all my pics in a HD crash a few weeks back. If you look you'll find lots more, it's very detailed piece and would be super hard to get accurate at all.

It really looks intimidating to make... we'll try our best... a 90% accurate will be our baseline target...;)

thanks again:thumbsup

thanks j0wE... much appreciated:):thumbsup

Is it just me or does that version of the reactor look like it has a lot less going on inside it than seen in the first film??

sorry i missed... you may say so since it has 2 coils less compared to the first film version...:)

Re: Ironman 2 ARC REACTOR - New Project!

UPDATES

We proceeded on making this Arc Reactor... then make the Unibeam later... besides, its the arc reactor that powers the unibeam...lol:lol

Anyway, we haven't seen much reference of this type of arc reactor nor any member made one...

So on to the drawing board and made a good old-fashioned sketches for dimensional references...;)
Gen2arcreactorsketch.jpg

Since I really dont have more detail references on this, I just let my imagination/creativity kicks in...:D:thumbsup

Then proceeded to parts preparation...
Photo-1324.jpg

I got a plumbing material from a local hardware store...
Photo-1325.jpg

And put some details on it...:love:thumbsup
Photo-1330.jpg

This one comes from, I think a speaker cover just laying around the shop...
Photo-1333.jpg

Then I got the lens from a Flashlight...
Photo-1334.jpg

A lid of a can...
Photo-1335.jpg

Cut me a 6mm thick clear acrylic tube/pipe...
Photo-1336.jpg

Frosted the surface by wet sanding it using fine grit sand paper...
Photo-1339.jpg

A small flashlight reflector...
Photo-1341.jpg

Put it all together...
Photo-1344.jpg

Not much of an accomplishment, but its getting there... Looks quite good already...:love:thumbsup
Photo-1345.jpg

Now to proceed on the rest of the parts...

Hope to have a pretty good accuracy on this build:confused... so if there's anyone who has high def reference photos of this type of arc reactor, kindly share it to us... we'll appreciate it so much...:):thumbsup

comments and suggestions are highly appreciated...

thanks for watching and for your time...

Last edited:
Re: Ironman 2 ARC REACTOR - SOME PARTS PREPARED!!!

It looks GREAT! :):thumbsup

I love found-object builds and you found some AWESOME pieces! :love

Dude. I'm quite sure (in fact 100% sure) that the unibeam refers to the repulsor beam he blasts from his chest. What's on his suit there is still the reactor, just covered up and with it's power being diverted into the suit by the mechanisms that you showed some pictures of.

It looks GREAT! :):thumbsup

I love found-object builds and you found some AWESOME pieces! :love

thanks indie:)... some parts found, some parts made... all hand-crafted...;):thumbsup

Dude. I'm quite sure (in fact 100% sure) that the unibeam refers to the repulsor beam he blasts from his chest. What's on his suit there is still the reactor, just covered up and with it's power being diverted into the suit by the mechanisms that you showed some pictures of.

I dunno man but this kinda explains what a unibeam is...Unibeam - Marvel Movies Wiki - Wolverine, Iron Man 2, Thor

cheers!

Love the work, it is coming out very nicely.

For some reason this image reminds me of a clutch plate for some reason.

Dean

thanks man:)... and yeah, it looks similar with a clutch plate... lol:lol

Re: Ironman 2 ARC REACTOR WIP - SOME PARTS PREPARED!!!

I found another photo reference for this arc reactor...
arcreactormovie2.jpg

So from this photo I proceeded to make the rest of the parts... and assemble it...:):thumbsup
DSC00500.jpg

This is the best effort we can do so far...
DSC00508.jpg

All were hand-crafted... no machining involved...
DSC00514.jpg

I'm still thinking if I have to paint the light gray part and make it metallic dark gray color... or leave it as it is... please help me decide guys... kindly let me know what you think...
DSC00522.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

I still need to tweak it some more to get a good movie likeness (accuracy rating)... then will proceed with the lightings...

A single super bright LED will be installed powered by watch batteries 3x1.5V...

Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated...

Thanks for watching and for your time...:):thumbsup

cheers!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back