Ironman 2 Wearable Arc Reactor - INSTRUCTION VIDEO IS UP!!!

Re: Ironman 2 ARC REACTOR WIP - COMPLETE PARTS ASSEMBLED!!!

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

Today I installed quite a number of different LED set-up...
Photo-1487.jpg

Tested each set-up until I find the light effects I am aiming for...
Photo-1489.jpg

After finally chosen the best result, I applied it to our semi-finished arc reactor...
Photo-1493.jpg

With the room lights ON...
Photo-1504.jpg

Photo-1505.jpg

Photo-1509.jpg

Photo-1511.jpg

With the room lights OFF...
Photo-1495.jpg

Photo-1499.jpg

Photo-1523.jpg

Only one thing missing... RD's chest... lol:lol
Photo-1526.jpg

Photo-1528.jpg

Photo-1529.jpg

I'm quite satisfied with the result... though my ever-perfectionist younger brother haven't checked it yet...:unsure

Next I'll be improving the color, from light gray to gun metal color...

Also, switch will be installed internally so no switch will be visible outside... it will just be a twisting action to turn ON/Off the arc reactor...

Comments and suggestions are highly appreciated...

Thanks for watching and for your time...:):thumbsup

cheers!

Re: Ironman 2 ARC REACTOR WIP - LIGHTS ON!!!

More awesome ingenuity out of the brothers. Love this build; right up my alley. Great job, thus far! Keeping eyes peeled for a future kit...

Re: Ironman 2 ARC REACTOR WIP - LIGHTS ON!!!

I think this is really cool Good job !!!

thanks!...:)

This is pretty cool :)

thanks man...:cool

More awesome ingenuity out of the brothers. Love this build; right up my alley. Great job, thus far! Keeping eyes peeled for a future kit...

thanks brad:)... future kit???... hmmmm, try to look around, its already there somewhere...;):thumbsup

Damn that looks great

thanks man...:)

Re: Ironman 2 ARC REACTOR WIP - DUAL POWER SUPPLY!!!

UPDATES

Just finished installing the internal switch... ON/OFF by just slightly rotating (CW/CCW) the back plate of the arc reactor...
No visible switch outside the arc reactor...
Photo-1568.jpg

I haven't told anyone about this... but the plan from the beginning is to make it DUAL POWER SUPPLIED...

The big super bright LED that I installed easily drains the power of the watch batteries... Only recommended for sporadic lighting and not for long time continuous lighting...

So on with the provision of outside power source...

Started making a square hole on the aluminum alloy casing...
Photo-1532.jpg

We'll be using this small connectors... sorry for the poor pics resolution...
Photo-1534.jpg

The connector fit snuggly...:love:thumbsup
Photo-1536.jpg

From below pics you can see that the arc reactor is turned ON... getting its power from the watch batteries... the watch batteries are quite low on power now...
Photo-1539.jpg

Photo-1540.jpg

Arc reactor turned OFF...
Photo-1541.jpg

Battery pack will supply 4.5V (3AAA x 1.5V) to the arc reactor...
Photo-1542.jpg

Male/Female connectors...
Photo-1544.jpg

Outside power supply plugged in... (be sure that the arc reactor is turned OFF)...
Photo-1545.jpg

The lighting ON/OFF of the arc reactor will now be done on the switch built-in to the battery pack...
Photo-1547.jpg

Lights turned ON...
Photo-1548.jpg

Photo-1550.jpg

Photo-1555.jpg

Managed to capture a blueish color ligth effects...
Photo-1556.jpg

Photo-1561.jpg

Battery pack unplugged... you will notice that the power supplied by the watch batteries are now low...
Photo-1564.jpg

Battery pack online... Notice the bright glow provided by the fresh batteries in the battery pack...
Photo-1566.jpg

This baby is almost finished... I'm just waiting for the paint (gun-metal color) I asked my brother to buy...

Thanks for watching and for your time...:):thumbsup

cheers!

Re: Ironman 2 ARC REACTOR WIP - DUAL POWER SUPPLY!!!

That is B-E-A utiful man! I can't wait to see it once it's finally painted right!

Re: Ironman 2 Wearable Arc Reactor WIP - HIGHER LUMINANCE

Ok... the EVER-PERFECTIONIST younger brother of mine did it again...:(

He pointed out that the light is not bright enough...:behave

So I changed the whole lighting circuit... from using only 1 super bright LED powered by 3 x 1.5V watch batteries to 9 super bright LED powered by 2 x 3V coin batteries...:eek... Outside power supply is still 3 x 1.5V AAA batteries.

Also added details to achieve a good movie likeness...
DSC00574.jpg

Added small metallic bar on both side of each coil/winding...
DSC00575.jpg

Painted the part that holds the coil/winding...
DSC00578.jpg

Polished the aluminum alloy casing...
DSC00579.jpg

Made some modification on the bottom of the 2nd circle to make an illusion of segmented parts when the light is turned ON...
DSC00583.jpg

You will notice the light has good brightness/luminance even the room light is ON...:love:thumbsup
DSC00586.jpg

Room light is OFF... you will see the illusion I'm referring to as you look closely to the side of the 1st circle... the light that reflects to it makes it look segmented... similar to the movie props...
DSC00588.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

Good brightness even room light is ON...
DSC00593.jpg

DSC00601.jpg

It is way brighter than the 1st lighting circuit I made...
DSC00597.jpg

With the changes made, the perfectionist younger brother is now satisfied...:love:thumbsup

This baby is almost done... just needed a bit refining and personal touch-up... then on with the run...;)

Thanks for watching and for your time... cheers!

Re: Ironman 2 Wearable Arc Reactor WIP - BRIGHTER LIGHT!!!

Yeah, it looks much better now that you changed the number of LEDs. Are you using 5050 SMD LEDs like I am in my arc reactor or something else? What size resistor did you use?

Re: Ironman 2 Wearable Arc Reactor WIP - BRIGHTER LIGHT!!!

Yeah, it looks much better now that you changed the number of LEDs. Are you using 5050 SMD LEDs like I am in my arc reactor or something else? What size resistor did you use?

Thanks...:):thumbsup

No I did not used 5050 SMD LEDs, I used something else :D... and I used 1/4W 15 ohms resistor...:thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back