Iron Man Mark III (Dark Asylum)

Re: New iron man suit in the the works

Ay, sorry been a while on updates been a very hectic schedule trying to hit some major deadlines amung other things, this project is still alive, so am I, and I'll have updates soon, and I know for some people with high hopes in this threads that's not soon enough and I'm sorry I'm lagging on things but, I'll have some new progress for every one to see and I thank you all for the interest and great feed back it's a much needed big help and I'm greatful for it.

On top of that with the new IM2 trailer I feel I have some larger works ahead but that can be delt with in a bit, good luck folks wish you all the best

Just take your time, and keep the good work and thanks for all the help.

Thanks, for all the feed back, sorry I haven't had alot of updates my time is pretty booked up at the moment, but I did run a high impact ABS version slightly different then the Styrene alot more shiny and flexible material, it's 160,000ths but very durable and half the weight of the styrene parts.

p00129.jpg

p00131.jpg

p00132.jpg

With the material difference it's reminds me more of war machine, any ways I'll have more updates on the prototype soon as well as the new upgraded versions of the parts.

Till then thanks, and good luck to every one.
Is that black ABS? I see stealth armor there! :love

i love the shoes!, i would add LED light to the bottom to give the boot jet effects :D keep up the great work!

Is that black ABS? I see stealth armor there! :love

Anything is possible, great thing about the ABS and other high impact plastic can all be reconstrusted or customize for anyone, the Mark 3 is just a great base model but new parts and designs can be welded in to make 1 of a kind suits, anything from the triangle chest to the Captain America armor suit seen in the comics the only limit is imagination, that's why I went this route I'd love to see tons of different custimzed suits around addapted to unique and different taste cause not every one wants a Mark 3 or just a standard suit others do but not every one so there's got to be an adaptable materal like plastics to construct with.

So I'm glad you pointed out the idea to use this suit for other version of Iron man, or other characters even.

i love the shoes!, i would add LED light to the bottom to give the boot jet effects :D keep up the great work!

Thanks they are designed to house a replusor jet a simple tap light even use velcorw to remove it to replace the batteries if need be.

Any updates Dark Asylum?

Sorry it's been a while I've put the prototype on the back burnner a bit for the new version of the suit parts molds have been resculpted and fixxed the ensure a much more accurate build, the prototype is about done just waiting for my urethane order to come in so I can cast the stomach and joint parts and a new version of the helmet in the workls as well so I'll get something up soon just been a little busy as of late, so don't lose interest in the project just yet, big updates are on the way.

Thanks

Very cool...stil very interested in seeing a complete IM suit. Itching to paypal $ to start the project!

Yeah, I'm getting a head of myself, with War machine and the Mark 5 helmet(which will be folding up like the trailer) But the new suit of the Mark 3 is in the works as well everything has be reconstructed I'll get something new up for tomorrow on the mark 3 for every one, thanks.

OK update time, here's the new Mark 3 version with the changes and the look of the stomach section I'm still waiting on my urethane to cast a flexible version.

hpim2778.jpg

hpim2777.jpg

the legs are much crisper with sharper edges and shape and the the knee's line up much better cause I extended the front, there was about and inch gap before now it's about and 8th of and inch, much better look and I did some major alterations to the arms especially the new look of the elbows.

hpim2767.jpg

hpim2765q.jpg

the bisep has been changed now it's more built up and broud looking and line up much better now so much less clean up work for me.

hpim2779.jpg

the shouder and back wings have been re shaped and now there's a nice edge on the upper housings and better hing base for the wing flaps.

hpim2773.jpg

hpim2775i.jpg

I'm very happy on the look of the mid section and especially the spine, I sculpted the origianl out of liquid ABS burlap and epoxy details, pain in the arse but I like the turn out, and the shell lines up to the under section quite nice.

hpim2771.jpg

hpim2770.jpg

And for all those that worry about enough grasp for Tony starks well know drinking habbits.

hpim2769m.jpg

I really feel the new version out shines the old prototype even in the raw form, I'll have the new shins up soon, they have also been resculpted.

So there's some new stuff given the questions and request, sorry been very busy as of late so this is a big push on this up date and more to come.

Dude, this is some Fantastic work... :thumbsup

And don't worry about the "small" few that want to knock you down, just keep doing what you are doing...

...pm sent.

Last edited:

I'm starting to like the suit given the adjustments I imagine some people wont see a difference but given my perfectionist nature I'll find every little out of place details and go back and hammer them out, I may never be completely happy with anything I do all I see are the imperfections even at the mm in measurements.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back