Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

The student one seems less problematic when you consider these are college age adults and the age of consent in Connecticut was 16 anyway. I realize that Indy is effectively twice the age of an 18 year old student, but nothing as far as I can see makes it illegal and may only violate a professional standard etc.

The Age of Consent in 1920 or even 1936 was typically between 12-16 in the USA and is still 16 in the UK to this very day (and 14 in Canada the last time I looked) and varies by state. If Marion was 16 when they dated, she was almost certainly legal (they never even said they had sex, although you might assume it's implied). He most certainly would not be a "pedophile" in any case as that implies she hadn't hit puberty yet and that turned Indy on specifically. The term is constantly misused for what is usually (not always) legally statutory rape.

The problem is using today's standards (where even cigarette smoking has been raised to 21 in many places) to judge the past. The average age of the human lifespan in 1936 was 56 and in 1900 it was 46 and if you go back a few hundred years earlier, closer to 36. People had to mature emotionally much faster than today's standards and feeding a mouth was very expensive if they weren't making a big difference around the household and thus arranged marriages were regularly scheduled for ages 10-14 in the 18th and 19th Century (yes like property). It's just the way things were, then. What was normal in the Roman Empire (from bathroom sanitation to slavery) isn't necessarily remotely normal today for that matter.

Thus, the notion that Indiana Jones was attracted to Marion at age 16 or even 14 and she was "in love" with him isn't hard to believe at all for that time period, but then neither was the notion that Han Solo, a hardened smuggler criminal wouldn't think twice about shooting Greedo in cold blood. Again, people let their feelings TODAY control their decisions making and using emotions to make decisions is never a great idea even on a good day. Generation Z doesn't even know what it was like to grow up without the Internet, let alone have a good notion what life was like in the 1930s (I could at least ask my grandfather about that era growing up). But many of them believe themselves morally superior to the rest of us, hence the "woke" nonsense where they well "hate" everyone that doesn't agree with them as being "haters" (Irony if there ever was any).

Something tells me it's Indy's (Harrison's) search for the huge payout. :lol:

Though in all seriousness it would be cool to see him search for Excalibur. The MacGuffin has to be a physical object, though if the object is linked to a place it could make for a cool story too.

It's too bad they ruined any chance of a good UFO or Ancient Aliens theme with that last movie tying both "Greys" and "Crystal Skulls" together in the most absurd way possible. Otherwise, Antarctica + Atlantis or UFOs is a topic of great interest for Ancient Aliens right now (as well as the question of Nazis going there during WWII in search of some ancient tech so the beginning/flashbacks could be used to great effect).

Despite what a dog turd Crystal Skull was, I thought Harrison looked great as Indy at that age.

This new set photo makes me kinda sad. He's got the old man belly and hunch, and it looks like his hat and jacket don't fit him right. I just see him doing the old man shuffle when he runs...Oh, boy. It's nice to see him in the kit again, sure, but....man, a part of me just screams internally, "Just let the old dog lie!"

Last edited:
Something tells me it's Indy's (Harrison's) search for the huge payout. :lol:

Though in all seriousness it would be cool to see him search for Excalibur. The MacGuffin has to be a physical object, though if the object is linked to a place it could make for a cool story too.
Indy is the only character Harrison seems to really care about. Evan including Deckard,

Plus, who says she was an 18 year old college freshman? Could be a 21 year old senior.
Personally, I give the guy props for that!(y)
I'm 56. If a hot 21 year old wanted to jump my bones, I'd be all over it without a second thought.

Welcome to the world of STDs! The starter pack normally includes a mild case of syphilis, but if you win the bonus round we'll throw in a case of Hepatitis C as well!

And that couldn't happen with another 56-year old??? I'd argue that it's more likely to happen as older people generally have had more partners. At least those two particular STDs are usually curable these days.

What's funny is that in real life Harrison Ford is a much bigger cradle robber than Karen Allen's age difference (9 years younger). Calista Flockhart is 22 years younger than him.... ;)

That usually only comes with being rich and/or famous, though.

:) Something tells me it's Indy's (Harrison's) search for the huge payout. :lol:

After The Last Crusade, I always wondered if Indy might go after Excalibur next as the final relic for him to find (They do mention the "Arthur Legend" afterall:)). Kind of hard to top the Holy Grail as the ultimate artifact though (one more reason why it should've ended with Last Crusade).

Speaking of MacgGuffin, another thing to keep in mind is that in each movie, the relic/artifact directly affects the resolution of the story.

-The Ark melts the Nazis
-The Sankara stones burn Mola Ram
-The Grail saves Henry Sr. and destroys the Temple
-The Crystal Skull...reincarnates a Martian?

I wonder how Excalibur would play into it?

Or you can go full cheese...

You'd have to have a sword in the stone moment right? It's a given. Honestly I'd love it if Indy did so and became the true king of Britain. Then part 6 can be your fish out of water comedy with Julie Andrews teaching Indy how to act like a royal and him making constant 'commoner' mistakes to the tune of Yakety Sax.

Maybe Indy will time travel in this one to go back and stop himself from doing that Crystal Kingdom adventure and grab that hot chick from the Last Crusade before she falls instead of marrying Marion. ;)

Meanwhile, if anyone was expecting an awesome Dolby Atmos soundtrack for the previous 4 movies, think again. They may actually be worse than the previous 5.1 soundtracks (less dynamic range so dialog will be louder for sound bar users). Video does seem improved in 4K, however.

Not to mention Alison Doody aged like fine wine! I saw a Indy mini reunion photoshoot in a SW Insider magazine around 2005 and she was even better looking. Then I Googled what she looks like now and she's gorgeous.

I think this movie will work if there's minimal action and Indy is just the brains behind whatever is going on. I think that's one thing Crystal Skull did well. Like have someone running around trying to open a door and Indy just walks over and hits a hidden switch because he's seen it all before.

Not to mention Alison Doody aged like fine wine! I saw a Indy mini reunion photoshoot in a SW Insider magazine around 2005 and she was even better looking. Then I Googled what she looks like now and she's gorgeous.

I think this movie will work if there's minimal action and Indy is just the brains behind whatever is going on. I think that's one thing Crystal Skull did well. Like have someone running around trying to open a door and Indy just walks over and hits a hidden switch because he's seen it all before.

Yeah, I just looked her up. She's still got it. :D

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised to see she's actually Irish and not German. Then again, Claudia Schiffer.... Alison Doody is still hotter, though. I sometimes watch Last Crusade just to see her.... (sigh)

Not sure how spoilers are being dealt with, or if this even is one, but set pics seem to feature a statue of Chronos prominently
Meanwhile, if anyone was expecting an awesome Dolby Atmos soundtrack for the previous 4 movies, think again. They may actually be worse than the previous 5.1 soundtracks (less dynamic range so dialog will be louder for sound bar users). Video does seem improved in 4K, however.
Just curious - what are you basing that on? And, yes, we're getting new transfers from what I understand, and they looks gorgeous. Kinda related, was just watching Raiders last night for the first time in years and, damned if I didn't notice something new! After 4 decades seeing this movie, I NEVER noticed that the flying wing is visible in the BG when Sallah and Indy are sneaking up to the entrance to the map room. Huh!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back