Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

D1E7FD65-48DF-484E-9376-E43643F519B0.jpeg

Well, now. I never thought Karen Allen would have to clarify that she does not, in fact, see Indiana Jones as a pedophile. That is a jaw-dropper of a headline.

Indiana Jones has officially been around long enough to be considered “problematic” for 2021.

(Shrugs shoulders…)

OK.

View attachment 1465706

Well, now. I never thought Karen Allen would have to clarify that she does not, in fact, see Indiana Jones as a pedophile. That is a jaw-dropper of a headline.

Indiana Jones has officially been around long enough to be considered “problematic” for 2021.

(Shrugs shoulders…)

OK.

Isn't it amazing how even fictional characters now have to apologize for being fictional?

I knew it was coming!

On my rewatch, when she said "I was a child", I chuckled cause I knew what was on the horizon. I didn't realize she'd addressed it on the 4K BTS stuff. I'm actually surprised that she said she thought Marion was physically 16. I figured the powers-that-be would've had her retcon it to where she was 18, but 'emotionally a child' or some such nonsense.

Anyways, the stupid parade continues.

. I figured the powers-that-be would've had her retcon it to where she was 18, but 'emotionally a child' or some such nonsense.

If I remember correctly, Marion's official birthdate, released as part of the Crystal Skull promotional material has her at 18 during the relationship. Unfortunately the Indiana Jones website used flash in 2008 so the Wayback Machine is useless.

View attachment 1465706

(Shrugs shoulders…)

OK.

Oh good, I was worried I wouldn't see something idiotic today.

In Campbell Black's novel adaption of the film, Indy had a "student" over for the night when Brody arrived to announced he got the job to go after the Ark.
Like pretty much all novelizations, it probably wasn't based on the actual shooting script but an earlier draft. So Indy was probably a slightly different character in this earlier draft and got changed to the Indy we all know and love in the final shooting draft of the script.

As far as I knew they actually shot the scenes with the student staying the night when Marcus arrives. I could be wrong though.

As far as I knew they actually shot the scenes with the student staying the night when Marcus arrives. I could be wrong though.
Yes. In fact when we see first Marcus in the hallway outside the classroom there is a girl as well. She was Indy's love interest. Also Indy hands Marcus a tumbler for the champagne later at his house. Why? Because he seems to only have two glasses, both of which were in use when Marcus turned up that evening.

uATgYI0.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back