Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

Kennedy was very good at her job back when she was a regular producer, you don't work on that many blockbusters without being competent. But we might be dealing with being promoted over the level of her competence. It appears from the outside that once she was in a position to influence story direction she didn't have the knack for it.

First pic is out...

Screenshot_20210607-172313.png

Not to start anything, but with all the talk of recasting/rebooting/etc, I've not heard anyone mention Sean Patrick Flanery.

Here he is from last year...
Screenshot_20210607-185553.png
Screenshot_20210607-185941.png
Screenshot_20210607-190053.png

I think it wouldn't be the WORST choice if anyone decided to go that way.

Definitely cool to see him back in the outfit, under any circumstances. The man is a legend.

But…there is just something approaching “cartoon character” when the guy, literally, has been wearing the exact same “adventure outfit” for 35-40 years. It’s very unbelievable, in a “real world” sense.

His closet must look like Charlie Brown’s, but with even less variation in color…

1CAE7623-36B2-48B5-AB55-57345ECE54AB.jpeg

That costume is as iconic as the character and honestly how many old people update their wardrobe to reflect the current time? None. I don't have much faith in this movie being good, but Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Is it me or does the hat look too big?

That costume is as iconic as the character and honestly how many old people update their wardrobe to reflect the current time? None. I don't have much faith in this movie being good, but Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Is it me or does the hat look too big?
The outfit looks pretty close to the “Raiders” version to me…shorter length jacket and slightly larger looking hat. The pants look close to the “Raiders” color of the “pinks” to me, too.

Sean Patrick Flanery is unrecognizable in that last picture. Did he have work done? He doesn't look bad per se, just drastically different than before. Even between those screen caps and his head shot there is a marked difference.

Sean Patrick Flanery is unrecognizable in that last picture. Did he have work done? He doesn't look bad per se, just drastically different than before. Even between those screen caps and his head shot there is a marked difference.
IDK, but evidently he's been in some legit MMA stuff. Maybe a result of getting pummeled?

Lol
I know the first 2 pics are from his 'current' movie. I cannot attest to the date of the head shot.

That's just his "work" outfit though. You would see him wearing normal clothes while he was teaching.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is now 40 years ago this month. I was 14 years old.
It hit me like a freight train out of the blue to a Sci Fi centric kid.
Indy was a bad azz and the 1930's era was perfect.
I'm so grateful I was the right age and the right time for so many things in an explosive
era of movie magic that now seems as lost as that Ark was.
Honestly looking back the sequels didn't measure up to Raiders, Ford carried them over the finish line really
and I guess that was enough.

Raiders is simply the greatest action adventure film ever made.

I'd love if such a thing could be again, but I think it's once in a lifetime.

Definitely cool to see him back in the outfit, under any circumstances. The man is a legend.

But…there is just something approaching “cartoon character” when the guy, literally, has been wearing the exact same “adventure outfit” for 35-40 years. It’s very unbelievable, in a “real world” sense.

His closet must look like Charlie Brown’s, but with even less variation in color…

View attachment 1465389
I just feel like it would take so little to have given him just a little variation in the sequels. A similarly styled shirt or pants, in different colors, probably would have been enough, I think, because it’s reasonable he’d keep wearing the same hat/or jacket, being much more ubiquitous clothing items. Or maybe even a similar leather jacket but with a fur collar in colder situations. I don’t know. I love the films, but I agree that he’s practically a cartoon at this point.

Plus, the clothing looks like it hasn't gotten much action in the recent years!

If they'd build the story around something interesting and Indy would have to use his head more, it could work. But this doesn't look promising. Just a rehash most likely! Too bad! Indy deserved more...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back