Indiana Jones 5 officially announced

I feel like a lot of you may be missing the most obvious answer. Harrison Ford legitimately thought it was a good script.
I’m sure all of the people making this movie want to make a good film. Most film makers do…
But good scripts sometimes make bad movies and bad scripts can make great films.
Writer Peter David has stated the script for Raiders is awful. Indy spends most of the movie one step behind the Nazis and in the end has to be saved by god. But, he points out they made a great movie.
I’ll withhold judgement on this latest flick until I see it.

Last edited:
Redacted!

081C4DE0-3826-49C6-94B3-70F3B19ACB26.jpeg

He likes BEING Indiana Jones but I don't know how much he cares about the character. It's just a role. Unlike, say, Henry Cavill, who loved BEING Geralt, Cavill actually cared how the character was portrayed and when it all went sideways, with a writing room who neither cared, nor liked the lore, he told them to get stuffed and went elsewhere.
He even refused a sex scene because it wasn't in the lore(y)(y)(y)(y)

Mr. Ford certainly has become the undisputed master of the “grumpy old man schtick”…

Mr. Ford certainly has become the undisputed master of the “grumpy old man schtick”…

And an indisputable potty mouth.

" In my day we didn't have these woke, agenda filled movies...boys played with action figures while watching the movies and girls played with Barbies and Strawberry Shortcake and we liked it that way"

"Not now, no...in my day we called a spade a spade ...today we call clubs spades and hearts diamonds and they eat it up!! they eat it up, i tell ya!!"

I really like this guy!

I feel like a lot of you may be missing the most obvious answer. Harrison Ford legitimately thought it was a good script.
I’m sure all of the people making this movie want to make a good film. Most film makers do…
But good scripts sometimes make bad movies and bad scripts can make great films.
Writer Peter David has stated the script for Raiders is awful. Indy spends most of the movie one step behind the Nazis and in the end has to be saved by god. But, he points out they made a great movie.
I’ll withhold judgement on this latest flick until I see it.

I agree, refrigerator aside, much of the criticism about Crystal Skull comes from the execution. The casting of Shia, bad special effects, especially the jungle jeep chase, showing too much of the ailens at the end, etc.

Enjoy it my friend! I've been fortunate to have seen Raiders in theaters twice and man it's so much fun to see it on a big screen! Wear the outfit! How few chances do we get in life to dress as our heroes?

Yeah, there's reasons I don't go to see the newer films; not going to go down that rabbit hole again though. All I'll say is:

- Superman ended with Superman II
- Batman ended with Batman Returns
- Star Wars ended with RotJ
- Star Trek Movies ended with TVH
- TNG ended with All Good Things
-Terminator ended with T2
- JJ Abrams films ended before he ever got the chance to be ruin anything

That’s so weird cuz I’ve seen multiple movie sequels past all of those. Some good, most bad. But none ended with those flicks… so good news, they exist! You can probably find some on streaming!

Good luck with your search! You seem open minded!

Yeah, there's reasons I don't go to see the newer films; not going to go down that rabbit hole again though. All I'll say is:

- Superman ended with Superman II
- Batman ended with Batman Returns
- Star Wars ended with RotJ
- Star Trek Movies ended with TVH
- TNG ended with All Good Things
-Terminator ended with T2
- JJ Abrams films ended before he ever got the chance to be ruin anything
I agree with you on the vast majority of those. I never got into any Star Trek past TOS. I watched the first season of TNG and it never appealed to me. It was too boring and neon. My girlfriend a couple of years later, her father was a complete fanatic and had TNG running in the house 24/7. I wound up seeing a lot more of it. I never really liked it much but I did gain a little bit more appreciation. Still, I figure Star Trek ended, on TV, at the end of TOS and in the movies, at Undiscovered Country. I've seen them all, I just don't care. It's just bad fanfic.

In prep I’m rewatching the trilogy starting with temple of doom! My fave!

But man, if it was released today, people on this thread would HAAAATE IT.

-does no one know how guns work!? Guy shoots a waiter with a hand gun that’s quieter than a champagne bottle!? The guy doesn’t even notice he’s SHOT!?

- an 8 year old Asian kid beats up grown adults? Has to save Indy!?!? What is this woke garbage!?!?

-pratfall comedy!? They can outrun a river of water!?!?

- nuke the fridge!? How about “parachute the rubber dingy!!? No one survives that!!!

Don’t get me started on last weekends rewatching of WOKE “ALIENS” with some Ripley Chick out marining marines!

People are just looking for stuff to whine about these days. Can’t wait for Dial of Destiny.

-does no one know how guns work!? Guy shoots a waiter with a hand gun that’s quieter than a champagne bottle!? The guy doesn’t even notice he’s SHOT!?

- an 8 year old Asian kid beats up grown adults? Has to save Indy!?!? What is this woke garbage!?!?

- nuke the fridge!? How about “parachute the rubber dingy!!? No one survives that!!!

Don’t get me started on last weekends rewatching of WOKE “ALIENS” with some Ripley Chick out marining marines!

People are just looking for stuff to whine about these days. Can’t wait for Dial of Destiny.
Careful man...

You're DANGEROUSLY close to making an independent decision for yourself. That don't tend to fly round here. If you're positive, you'll lose the support of the sycophants, & then where will you be???

Huh?

(...psst... it'll be a happy place where you can enjoy liking what you like, solely because you like it.

Won't be able to intelligently discuss it here, but that'll probably add to the joy in the long run)

Who cares? These are supposed to be fun adventure movies. They are not documentaries. I had a discussion not long ago with someone who said Star Wars sucked because the Force wasn't real. These are people unfamiliar with the concept of fiction. So long as things are consistent with the story and the movie is a fun ride, it doesn't matter.

Unfortunately, most movies these days just aren't fun. They're not consistent. They're mindlessly dumb.

That's why we don't like them, not because they don't stand up to a modern scientific evaluation.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back