Imperial FoosBall Table

Fuzzual

Sr Member
Ok, so I have posted a few of my past and current projects on the RPF, its a little tough for me to stay focused for too long on one project, but my foosball table has been one that I have just never been satisfied with, so I am going to attempt to finish it correctly!

My mother-in-law gave my wife and I the table a few years back for Christmas, but the table just clashed with my Star Wars basement, until I saw a storm trooper pez dispenser at Walmart and it hit me . . . Imperial Foosball!

Prior to Halloween last year I quickly set up the table, replacing the Foosball characters with Star Wars heads, and gave the whole table a rough paint job and a couple of "Stylized" touches. Its pretty cool, but it never really satisfied me.

My plan is to wrap the entire unit with as much detail as possible, using reference from many ships from the saga. I am also going to replace the playing field with a clear plexi glass and build the internal structure of the ship that you will be able to view from above. I will try to update whenever possible, but I expect the build to take some real time.

As always, I would love your input and suggestions. :confused

UPDATE:

Well, I've had a little time this week to work on the Table. I have completed and primed the first layer, the next step is to add more texture to the surface, and then work on the legs!:wacko

Just went down to my basement and looked at our anemic foosball table.

I see a conversion coming our way as well.

Very cool and inspiring taking a boring looking game table and stepping it up 10 notches.

Keep us posted and inspired.

What else can I modify in the basement before my wife goes down there?

Cheers

Sebastian

Just went down to my basement and looked at our anemic foosball table.

I see a conversion coming our way as well.

Very cool and inspiring taking a boring looking game table and stepping it up 10 notches.

Keep us posted and inspired.

What else can I modify in the basement before my wife goes down there?

Cheers

Sebastian

Thanks brother, I always tell my wife that she is safe as long as she doesn't leave me home alone, she never knows what object I'll find necessary to "Starwarsify"

UPDATE:

Thought I would give you guys a better look at the billboard advertisements that are on boarder inside the table. The artwork was done by various artists on the web, and then i added various slogans to fit my needs. Unfortunately I do not know the origin of all the original artists, but I am not duplicating these images for any other use . . . so if you decide to download them, please use them only for your own enjoyment.

Thanks everyone!

Re: Imperial FoosBall Table *Update*

Well, its been a while since I've been able to work on the table, but this week I've found a fair amount of time. I worked on the engine side of the table, and the cockpit side. I primed both (Cause I just could not wait) and discovered that it needs alot of work before it will look right. But here's where it is at any rate.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back