Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max, Fury Road

These photos also show, I think, how little the 3D nature of the armor matters compared to the airbrushing on the back of the armor. I am emboldened to press on to the clear Worbla now…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the Worbla smoothed out into the front half of a cheap blow-molded torso mannequin. I wouldn't say it is easy , but it wasn't really difficult, either. Heat the Worbla to flatten it first so you can cut it out symmetrically, then heat and tape as you go, starting from the depth of the pectoralis muscles first and working outward, smoothing with a wet rag. Don't let wrinkles or folds get started because if the hot Worbla touches itself, you are done

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439758779.555253.jpg

(here is a small area that did that)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439758822.229001.jpg

Soo I have decided to make the armor out of PETG i've seen a fellow cosplayer use it with a heat gun to make a successful chest and back piece and I hear too many horror stories about worbla here's a Picture of the success with PETG
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439764147.901564.jpg
From-rawrbomb

I'd love to know what they shaped that over. If it's vacuformed, they're working with a sizable table. I have 24" square PETG sheets but I have no clue what I would heatgun them with to form them.

Just dawned on me what the edge is on the screen-used armor: mole skin. It is a pinky-beige adhesive flannel shoemakers use to cover rough areas on shoes so they won't make a blister. I am going with the beige Worbla , at least for now.

Hey guys! I'm new here officially, but I've been a lurker on this forum since I too decided to be an aspiring Immortan. I've already downloaded all the excellent 3D files posted (thank you) and taken plenty of advice from all your great efforts with the costume design (thank you again). I'm a novice without a lot of elaborate tools or a workshop, so I hope you don't mind a few questions. I'll refrain from being annoying. Cheers!

Soo I have decided to make the armor out of PETG i've seen a fellow cosplayer use it with a heat gun to make a successful chest and back piece and I hear too many horror stories about worbla here's a Picture of the success with PETG
View attachment 515689
From-rawrbomb

Been playing with the idea of making a chest a back piece, myself (to compliment the bellows I also have in mind to do), and it's great to see the PETG worked out for you! I have a 4'x8' roll of the stuff just laying around a small home "vac-former" gathering dust. I dunno if it I can piece the armor together with it though. I might just have to make a larger vac-former.

View attachment 515689
From-rawrbomb

Wow, everyone's been making great progress! I'm happy to see the butt pads worked in theory, heh! I still need to carve mine out.

That PETG armor turned out fantastic!!! Enough that it makes me almost want to redo my armor. Does anyone know a good PETG supplier? The shipping is pretty pricing on most of the sites I've seen.

I ordered mine through Usplastic shipping was free because it can only be done through motor freight at the same time I ordered the 13th and it still hasn't shipped which has me a little worried

Just tried on the chest piece and figured out what the medals and the "cocktail strainer" are for: they hide your nipples so they don't look like a little kid's nose squashed up against the candy store window…

I can't say that I want to see that but at the same time I want to see that lol

It's formed over that same metal armor on Amazon and the thickness of the PETG is

I have all of these things. I should give this a try. Didn't think a heatgun would give good results, but I'm happy to be proven wrong!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, everyone's been making great progress! I'm happy to see the butt pads worked in theory, heh! I still need to carve mine out.

That PETG armor turned out fantastic!!! Enough that it makes me almost want to redo my armor. Does anyone know a good PETG supplier? The shipping is pretty pricing on most of the sites I've seen.

McMaster Carr has PETG sheets.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#petg/=yiz9n5

Their shipping is next-day.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back