Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max, Fury Road

Couple of screen grabs of his back from the digital release. Shows the mount for the back of the bellows and the side. Watching the video of it functioning over and over to try and figure out the mechanics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439312775.935557.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439312792.170324.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was thinking it is a bolt on the armor that sticks up through a plate on the bellows that then has a wing nut screwed down to secure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at it in detail that is exactly what is going on. More of my question is how the bellows themselves work

I was thinking having a tube going from my mouth to a balloon inside the Bellows so I can keep blowing deflating it

I was thinking having a tube going from my mouth to a balloon inside the Bellows so I can keep blowing deflating it

I guarantee you will probably just end up passing out doing this. I'm thinking that there has to be some way program a couple motors to move a small rig.

I guarantee you will probably just end up passing out doing this. I'm thinking that there has to be some way program a couple motors to move a small rig.

I agree. Plus if you're going to possibly put a voice modulator in behind the mask it's going to get mighty crowded very quickly in behind there.

Another update, so I've continued to be unhappy with the worbla armor for the arms, no matter what I tried the symmetry looked off. I also wanted the arms to have a little more strength to them. So I found two transparent display male leg forms. Similar to this...http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-TALL-MAL...DING-XRLR10-/280743172203?hash=item415d98d86b

I cut it to shape and added the hardware and regular worbla trim. I still need to finish the second one and add the fabric over the edges. It's super heavy duty ABS plastic, my chest piece feels wimpy by comparison, hah!
View attachment 509082

Holy crap, eriksmask, did you see this? I don't know if this seller realized the spike in demand for plastic legs and decided to raise the price or what, but $800.00?!?! I guess I'll be trying out those lady legs instead. I'm pretty slender so they might actually work better for me.
wut.jpg

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind, I'm a dummy. I see now that you bought yourself legs "similar to these"... >_<

Last edited:
Hey Ahoudini, how have you attached the spring to the cut apart strainer, did you leave some of the arms I see going in and folded it into the spring?

I removed the original spring from the narrow strip it was on by winding it around and around (like taking a key off a split key ring) and then replaced it (by reversing the winding process) with a tighter, "softer" one.

Where did you find those toe protectors. Searched all the usual places and nothing looks similar

Edit: found Ein's thread with the boot models

Last edited:
anyone had any luck finding the brownish braided ribbons on the leftmost medals? I'm getting encouraging results searching for "luggage rack border braid," or "jacquard trim braid" assuming this is the backside of one - but no color match yet.

Last edited:
Look for "gimp" or "guimp." I am still trying to re-find the stuff I originally bought and used.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439534414.203753.jpg

Can't really show you well 'cause I mailed out my spare pieces and mine is glued down but here is a glimpse:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439534768.223800.jpg

I looked forever and could find nothing closer. The front of the medal is the back of the braid/guimp.

wow ahoudini, you did a much better job than I finding a fairly accurate ribbon! I searched for hours and sorted through tons of pages and couldn't find anything close. eventually I gave up and settled for a lot of British WW2 medal ribbons I found on eBay for 5 bucks. not at all accurate, but they'll do the job and look cool, so I guess they'll suffice.

ribbons.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back