Mad Max Fury Road Immortal Joe costume

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by arthurdent, Aug 25, 2015.

1. arthurdent

arthurdent New Member

_20150824_184753.JPG At a Local General Dollar store I found THIS lower face mask for sale for $2.00. It almost matches the one used by Immortal Joe, the villain from Mad Max Fury Road. So I have decided to try my hand at creating an Immortal Joe costume for this year. I will be posting progress as I go on, and how I did whatever I did.

2. arthurdent

arthurdent New Member

A search turned up several interesting things... First of all the skull jaw mask is listed as a paintball gun mask and comes in several metallic colors. AND it is already commercially made and available on ebay for a LOT of money. However, I intend to continue with this build: I don't think it will be movie-accurate BUT it will be as close as I can make it! immortan joe mask.jpg

3. pudge511

pudge511 New Member

It's actually Immortan Joe. Not immortal.

4. arthurdent

arthurdent New Member

I found that out already... my mistake. Here are pics of my progress so far. I mototooled two openings in the mask for the breather tubes, and for the breather tubes I used "Sound" tubes I bought at a local dollar store: I painted them black to match the original prop.

Attached Files:

Cameron1138 likes this.
  5. NeoRutty

NeoRutty Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just got asked by a friend to build her a mask... Looks like you hit the motherload for cheap alternative.

I'll have to see if I can find one of these!

6. arthurdent

arthurdent New Member

This is a test pic of myself wearing a wig I bought today, along with an unfinished mask. Next to make, the body armor and a BIG gun.

Attached Files:

7. Karol

Karol New Member

Seems like the nose is what looks the most off. Maybe there's a way to cut it down and fill in some parts? Plumber's putty?

8. framed

framed Well-Known Member

Hello is anyone selling joe patches?

9. drewthecostumer

drewthecostumer Active Member

What he said^^
    A little Plumber's Epoxy will give Immortan Joe a fine nose job ;)