Im mark vi wip dynamic1

Question: i am not quite satisfied w the silver/chrome i got on the bicep section last time. Any duplicolor brand recommendations for the silver area?
Thnx
B

Update guys..After building 2 different cods 25 and 27 scale...I went w/ my initial build the 25 as a better fit. Im pretty happy w/ the overall look now on to paint.

looking saaawwweeeeettt brother, you should be happy.

Thanks Peej...Ive just began some light sanding on the ab section to fix the color. Keep ya posted man.
ATTENTION RPF: Be sure to use the same color primer when applying paint as to keep the color the same LOL;)

Was able to work on the ab section on my lunch break today. Sanded a bit too much in a couple spots. After speaking w/ majingo I decided to lay down 3-4 coats of pva. The results were great and should get better once I lay down the primer and hit it w/ a bit of sanding.

Hey guys...Completed the bicep/gaunt hinge setup. Let me know what you guys think.

[video]http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/bodybuildingbrian/media/IM%20Mark%206/Armsetup.mp4.html[/video]

Alright guys...some updates. Had a little mishap w/ the CC. As I was coating the last couple of pieces I kept getting this "foggy/ oxidized" look on the piece. For whatever reason the SEM CC just did not like the duplicolor. I do realize that most of these products are set up in a way that allow them to be most compatible w/ of course that company's line of product..makes sense. After discussing w/ doc at length a few times I decided to completely switch to a product I had had great success w/ when doing my fett stuff in the past. Anyhow...WOW this plastic cc from Rustoleum just killed it! As soon as it went on it was like glass. You can even see my reflection in the cod:cool

excellent work my brother very nice:thumbsup

Thanks Peej!

How easy does that paint crack bro?

Hey drack..you know not easy but there are a couple spots that it has creased however, I think it was more me than the paint. For example, I tried to put a portion of the chest on by myself and got a tiny crease near the reactor. Other than that its held up great:thumbsup. I think If I do another IM build id use a rustoleum plastic or the SEM products if they had the correct shade. The cc I used above has amazing flexibility:thumbsup.

very nice finish--posting pics of my completed top half of the suit (bottom half takes my wife to help put on, but she was asleep). All i need to do now is seal and paint the pieces!

Another update guys- I was able to complete the neck w/ the exception of some length/ sizing which I will adjust if needed after my test fit tomorrow evening. The neck as you see is a hybrid of the mark 6 and iron patriot. I learned this by Majingo and just modified the skirt. With the exception of the gloves (which are being made by doc) and the helmet my entire upper extremity is near completion.

Also....Id like some thoughts from you guys on the spine piece I have on the back?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back