Im mark vi wip dynamic1

Dynamic1

Hey guys- Although I'm not new to this forum, this is my first WIP thread here:). As I'm nearing the end of my Jango build I have decided to dive into a foam IM Mark 6. Thanks to Darkside and the guys for generously making these temps available:thumbsup. Id also like to give a shout-out to Stealth as his Hero Tutorials have been an unbelievable resource for someone who was not versed in foam/ pep work. "Majingo" has also been a phenomenal help w/ respect to some of the techniques he used throughout his beautiful build! Anyhow, I began this journey on Monday and have been able to make some steady progress with SEVERAL mishaps along the way:rolleyes. With Stealths advice I began w/ the torso as it was "the easiest" LOL!...I feel like I was back in college being hazed ;). Without further adieu....

bth_AbPlate1.jpg
bth_ABcut1.jpg

bth_Obliqueangle2.jpg

Getting the oblique angle here was a chore but Im pretty happy with the result thus far.

bth_IMABLFTside1.jpg

bth_DremmelRecessTech.jpg

I really love the look of Majingo's belt and how he was able to keep it built as one with a seamless result. With that as a reference and brainstorming w/ Eric "ThirdEhree" we came up w/ the idea of using a router bit and a dremmel. This coupled w/ sweat, anxiety and ofcourse a steady hand, I'm pretty pleased w/ the initial line. Tomorrow I will sand within the spaces in order to fine-tune the appearance, followed by sizing down the girth a bit.

bth_IMABRTside1.jpg

As always, please feel free to issue any suggestions/ comments as I value the unbelievable talent within this forum. Thanks and I look forward to learning and progressing w/ you guys as I move forward:cheers.
B

Last edited:
Alright guys- Little update. I was able to get this thing rigged up minus the 2 clips which im going to use just to secure it in place.

Testfit1.jpg

Last edited:
if i were you i'd scale them up a lil bit !! it seems a little small
great work so far !

Thanks omar..actually thats a 29 scale and had to takes several inches off the circumference..i have a long torso: )..according to all my ref photos the ab plate seems to run from sternum to pubic. Ive even made it adjustable. Maybe its the photo bc if it goes any lower it would cover the cod piece. Ill post more pics later. Thanks buddy.:thumbsup

Alright guys- Was able to complete the glue coats followed by a light coat of plasti. Im going to apply one more light coat tomorrow to a smooth finish followed by duli-color primer, dupli-color Inferno red (courtesy of ThirdEthree), and yes.....a dupli-color gloss coat.

Plasti1.jpg

Last edited:
Quick update- Going to let the light coats of plastidip cure over night then apply the duplicolor adhesive promoter as recommended by Stealth in his turorial. On wednsday I plan to apply the first light coat of Inferno red. Wish me luck ; )

Dont forget the silver lines on the front abs !!

Hey Omarbou- Thanks for your input. Im not sure I understand what your referring to? I do know there are gold lines however, I'm honestly not a huge fan of them and still deciding whether I am going to implement them. I have a few reference photos that don't have the colored lines. I do plan on using my airbrush along w some humbrols in order to give a nice "smoked/scorched" look however suttle:thumbsup.
B

Well they are gold in the mark iv but in the mark vi they are silver
And if want your suit the most accurate i suggest you to paint them ;)

Update guys- Was able to get the adhesive promoter and Inferno red down. Im very happy w/ the results thus far. On Friday I plan to put down the CC to seal this bad boy off ; ).

Red2.jpg

Also, here are some of the color references I used w/ respect to my choice of the inferno red. Although I realize there are MANY hues of red throughout the screen captures, the deeper reds seem to appeal to me much more.

Color.jpg

Last edited:
looks good. I added thin foam as spacers for mine so it would be uniform. But it is looking really good! Are you going to attach it to the cod piece permanantly?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back