erik814u2

Hi everyone. I was just curious to know your thoughts, as fellow prop builders, what your preference is to work with: resin or vacuform plastic? In particular, when building the Star Trek Mark X Science or Medical Tricorders. Forget for a minute, if you will, what is more screen accurate...that is to say which one was actually used for the screen props. I'm asking what you prefer to work with and why. Now, I know that some of you may shoot me down for favoring the resin kits over the vacuform kits. But, I am a firm believer in the "whatever works best for you" theory. For me, it's the resin kits. Having, myself, built a few resin kits and just completed my first vacuform kit, I can honestly say I am behind the resin kits 100% for quite a few reasons. However, before I share them with you, I'd like to see a few arguments of your own for both. Can't wait to read!

-Erik

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back