How to reconize original back to the future poster?

Thomasmcfly

Hello everyone!

I am looking to buy an original back to the future poster, but it is a little bit harder then i thought.... I am struggeling to indentify if the posters are original or a reprint. I hope someone with a little bit more experience can tell me what to look for?

I saw some posters that have folding lines, is it true that they came from the factory like that?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Hello everyone!

I am looking to buy an original back to the future poster, but it is a little bit harder then i thought.... I am struggeling to indentify if the posters are original or a reprint. I hope someone with a little bit more experience can tell me what to look for?

I saw some posters that have folding lines, is it true that they came from the factory like that?

Kind regards,

Thomas
Posters back in the early days did in fact ship folded, but that isn’t always a true indicator of authenticity, as anyone can take a new reprint, slightly age it, and add folding lines.

There is some good info at the following link. It all comes down to printing details and knowing what to look for with a magnifying glass.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back