Horror Movie Marathon

BOO!.jpg

Tonight, watching the final episode of Stranger Things, season 2 and then — finally, after all these years! — Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

The Night Strangler

Good, but less satisfying than Stalker no doubt due to the extra 15 minutes. Some shots were overly long and clearly filler. Still, McGavin shines as Kolchak, the other cast members are good, and it has great atmosphere. Fun seeing it again.

Also caught bits of The Blob and chunks of several Vincent Price films.

The Night Strangler

Good, but less satisfying than Stalker no doubt due to the extra 15 minutes. Some shots were overly long and clearly filler. Still, McGavin shines as Kolchak, the other cast members are good, and it has great atmosphere. Fun seeing it again.

Also caught bits of The Blob and chunks of several Vincent Price films.

We re-watched the whole Night Stalker series maybe a year ago and it still holds up. Pilot movies are typically not as good because they were still trying to figure out the formula. I mean... some of the Six Million Dollar Man pilot movies... wow.

One of tobe hooper's better works along with Texas chainsaw massacre. Although I have a special place in my heart for lifeforce aka Space Vampires with Mathilda May. Someone mentioned it before, but the scene of the newly-turned boy floating and clawing gently at the window while asking his brother to let him in is truly creepy.

Finished up with Salems Lot tonight

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back