Homeland

neosporing

Sr Member
At first i was only watching because i'd forgotten how beautiful morena baccarin was with long hair (esp after 'v'). But i just finished watching Episode 5 and i'm hooked!

anyone else watching this show? I can't believe there's no discussion for this series.

Last edited:
Re: Homeland <- best drama on TV now?

I need to get caught up, I'm two episodes behind, but I enjoy it. It's still a little disconcerting to see Damien Lewis this way because I think of Major Winters (Band of Brothers) when I see him... and yeah, Morena Baccarin = :love

I think the show is very good and it's nice to see Lewis in a different role. I think it still has a ways to go before it hits the great level.

At first i was only watching because i'd forgotten how beautiful morena baccarin was with long hair (esp after 'v'). But i just finished watching Episode 5 and i'm hooked!

anyone else watching this show? I can't believe there's no discussion for this series.

And as of the last episode, she's back to short hair :)

I don't know if it's the best, but the only reason I watched originally was because the commercial I saw showed damian lewis. After BoB and his cop show, i figured, anything he's in is worth a shot. Thought it was great.

In one of the 'inside look' things with the writers, they said the question is will he or won't he be a bad guy in the end. So, apparently while it doesn't look good at the moment it's not a done deal.

Haven't started watching it, but glad to see people like it.

it's duality and unpredictability is refreshing.

mandy p., claire danes and lewis are doing incredible jobs imho...
the show has got edge, and is looking like it has the potential to get seriously dark, anatomy of torture and brainwashing-wise...

the last episodes sex scene, worked into the context of the plot was fantastic. that last look lewis gave right into the camera was chilling and then claire hopping into the car afterwards?! waaat?

I don't get showtime but I've heard rave reviews about it and the original Israeli version, the creator of which helps with the US one.

Damian Lewis' switch from happy-go-lucky family man to stone-faced killer is amazing. He and Mandy Patankin are both actors that could read a phone book and be captivating.

I love this show and was hooked the first episode. Now I have a tv show between season breaks for Weeds and The Big C. If you loved the suspense in 24 then you'll like this show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two questions:

1. what rifle is this? see attached pic...

so brody and walker were both turned?

I just started watching this show (only 2 episodes so far), but it is really riveting and looks to be one of those top-notch shows that keeps you on the edge of your seat. I can't wait to watch more!

(Neosporing: I agree it could have been Saul or Brody that passed the razor blade and the thought crossed my mind about Saul.). Tonight's episode was really good. I'm hooked.
I'm thinking Brody may still have been lied to about the bombing as he was with Walker.
Good show!

If anyone has a smartphone (or for that matter, an iPad) you can download the showtime Ap and watch the first episode. If that helps anyone who has missed it... It isn't on iTunes though last time I checked.

Edited to add quasi-spoiler alert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i can't believe how fast the hour went with that last episode.

i feel for that hunter after realizing what he'd found...

what's in geneva?

cuckoo clocks?

i'm guessing it's the guy claire danes was studying at home with

Gets better every week. The great thing about new shows these days is that they have to continually top one another, which makes winners of us all. My DVR is going to burn out one of these days from all the use it gets.

Man!! The finale to this is going to be amazing...

And I have the RPF ads to thank for watching it. :lol I never heard of the show but the banner at the top of the forum for months had me waiting to see it.

I'm just blown way by Lewis' acting. And how easily his accent just vanishes when in character. His speech on the last episode about the Battle of Gettysburg made me wish Spielberg and Hanks would do a 10 hour miniseries on that. :lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back