Homeland

Re: Homeland <- best drama on TV now?

holy crap.

what a turn. i swear, i'm going to have a heart attack during the show. gettysburg was intense.

holy crap

why did they let even let carrie get in the #2 van when she's most certainly going to do what she ended up doing? arrrg

well, i now know why Mal treated Inara the way he did... was like watching an R rated deleted scene from Firefly...

amazing episode ...

well, i now know why Mal treated Inara the way he did... was like watching an R rated deleted scene from Firefly...

amazing episode ...

Even without that scene it was an amazing episode.

Unless they are going to draw it out over the next 4 or 5 years, which will get old very fast, I can't see where they are going with it now that Nazir knows he has betrayed him.

I dunno, I'm still betting there's more going on here..

Yeah, I don't see this going 4 - 5 more Seasons so not
sure what they have planned. But last night I'm betting
good money that there still something between Brody and
Nazir...

:popcorn

It was sure cut as if we missed a whole bunch.

If so, pretty ballsy move to give up 10 sleepers and all your explosives in the hopes brody will deliver bigger down the road.

Plus, I can't see him advancing too far since the powers that be want him dead...not sure how they'd pull off killing a congressman though.

It really surprised me that they were willing to kill Nazir off since he has been the big baddy from the beginning. I'm half expecting them to find out it isn't really him.

I did not like it that they had Brody have such an overt hand in killing the VP, even if it was to save Carrie. Everything he has done before that can be explained away, such as his killing Walker who was a bad guy himself, buy no matter how bad the VP was, you can't write that off.

I'm wondering who the buriel at sea is for in the finale. I think they made it seem like it might have been for Brody since Quinn is after him, but it could also be Nazir since when Bin Laden was killed, he was buried at sea.

I'm wondering who the buriel at sea is for in the finale. I think they made it seem like it might have been for Brody since Quinn is after him, but it could also be Nazir since when Bin Laden was killed, he was buried at sea.

I'm guessing it was the proper Islam burial like Bin Laden got (even though thousands of innocent Americans never got a proper burial in the WTC but lets not get started on that).

Is there a 3rd season announced? Like posted above, I can't see this show going more than 3. They should really go out on the high. Brody can't die in the next episode. Without Brody and Nazir we have..... what?

Read back in the thread. It was announced towards the beginningof S2 that Damian Lewis signed on for S3.

I'd guess Nazir was buried at sea, but who knows. Maybe that's how the VP wanted to go?

Hopefully S3 isn't Carrie and Brody on the run. There'd be no point to it.

I can't believe he was going to tell the Mrs he wore a suicide vest in the bunker....

I can't believe he was going to tell the Mrs he wore a suicide vest in the bunker....

It really did seem like he wanted to come clean with her as both of them know their marriage is over, but I'm glad she wouldn't let him. If the CIA ever found out, they would probably kill her too.

Anyone catch tonight's ep?

while i'm not quite as interested in the brody / carrie dynamic and found my self bored for the majority of this episode (as compared with earlier episodes).

however i loved the Estes bedroom scene.

is it at all possible that saul the terrorist? I'm not thinking it's brody because
1. he wasn't covered with sweat :)
2. his face wasn't shaking like an unbalanced washing machine :)

Last edited:
I thought the beginning was a bit slow, but it really picked up as it went along.

I'm still not so sure about Quinn and the reason he gave for not doing his job, even though I think as things went along, he came to respect Carrie and her willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

I did believe Brody, I think, when he said he was not involved, but I always thought something more went on between he and Nazir a couple of episoes ago.

I was glad the Carrie did not leave with Brody and I'm guessing she is going to spend the rest of the series trying to prove him not guilty.

We also saw brody park his car in the lot and then enter the building. Someone moved it up by the window of the room the memorial was in.

Maybe it's me, but you'd think the CIA HQ would have people on guard and wouldn't let someone park up next to a giant window outside of the actual parking lot....

The bit with quinn was great. Made like the character :) I buy his reasoning, I kill people who are a threat to the country. Brody has done everything asked and is no longer a threat to anyone but you.

It wasn't brody who bombed the place. I thought all the terrorists we'd seen all season were caught or killed throught the season.

I, too, wondered if saul could have been behind it. Seems a bit implausible seeing how the season began. But who knows. Maybe his wife who showed up for the first time all season?

I still think Carrie sticks out like a sore thumb on the show with all the over-acting and constant hysteria but damn what a show!
The writing is very well done. Very entertaining.

The funeral bombing was shocking!
I am sad to see David Estes gone. He was a b@stard but I liked the guy. To see Brody's suicide video on television was cringe inducing..
I cannot wait for next season.

Thank goodness Saul is still in the picture!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back