Holy Shotgun (PICS ADDED)

Is the handle the only part that's hollow? Is the barrel, light/scope, and amunition cylindar hollow as well?

Originally posted by TFrosst@Mar 1 2006, 06:57 PM
Is the handle the only part that's hollow?  Is the barrel, light/scope, and amunition cylindar hollow as well?
[snapback]1196702[/snapback]​

The entire handle, ammo cylinder and barrel all seem to be hollow... The scope however seems like its solid, but i could be wrong

yea, i think I am gonna fill mine with spray in foam, the non expanding kind. It will make it lees likley to just break and it wont be as heavy as if i filled it with Resin.

Originally posted by TimDrakeRobin@Mar 2 2006, 12:37 AM
yea, i think I am gonna fill mine with spray in foam, the non expanding kind. It will make it lees likley to just break and it wont be as heavy as if i filled it with Resin.
[snapback]1196731[/snapback]​

Is the resin that flimsy in places? I'm not gonna be doing anything with it but if I'm gonna be sanding it, I don't want my hand to go through :rolleyes
The spray foam is what I was thinking after I read that the handle was empty. Good idea

Originally posted by TFrosst@Mar 1 2006, 07:57 PM

Is the resin that flimsy in places?  I'm not gonna be doing anything with it but if I'm gonna be sanding it, I don't want my hand to go through :rolleyes
The spray foam is what I was thinking after I read that the handle was empty. Good idea
[snapback]1196743[/snapback]​

I have not found any spots to be flimsy at all.... It feels pretty solid, but the foam will give it some more weight, which would be good... I would have thought that expanding foam would have been better though

I'm curently working on mine and from experience, its quite hollow in some spots. Be prepared to use some bondo.
I cut out each bullet cylinder and had a hell of a time.
pics to come....

Originally posted by bondoking@Mar 2 2006, 01:05 AM
I'm curently working on mine and from experience, its quite hollow in some spots. Be prepared to use some bondo.
I cut out each bullet cylinder and had a hell of a time.
pics to come....
[snapback]1196750[/snapback]​

Do you have any pics of your progress? Did you cut the entire shell out or left the bottom of the shell where the priming cap is and just did the front?

IM pretty sure the gun it'sef is not hollow everywhere. It's pretty damned hefty. I think the Barrel and the Light are filled, and the cartridge holder is hollow as is the handel, BondoKing...was the bullet chamber hollow or solid?

Originally posted by TimDrakeRobin@Mar 1 2006, 08:54 PM
IM pretty sure the gun it'sef is not hollow everywhere. It's pretty damned hefty. I think the Barrel and the Light are filled, and the cartridge holder is hollow as is the handel, BondoKing...was the bullet chamber hollow or solid?
[snapback]1196786[/snapback]​

Tim,
We have been eyeing this one ourseleves and are considering-(yes considering) making this one outta metal--And in separate pieces that actually move --Sooo--separate pieces would be cool.

We may have to get one ourselves to disassemble.

Then machine it--maybe brass--maybe aluminum and coated with AMT--

We shall see-

Appliedmetal

Originally posted by appliedmetal@Mar 12 2006, 01:59 PM
We have been eyeing this one ourseleves and are considering-(yes considering) making this one outta metal--And in separate pieces that actually move --
Now that would be spectacular.

I've been following this topic and the re-do gun looks great. I've taken this thing completely apart and most all of it is hollow. All of these parts can be safely washed in Acetone without any problems. The glue they used is basically fiberglass resin which is extremely tough crap and China sloped it on THICK. The clear "light" lens up front is solid clear but is attached to a hollow scope. This will allow a mini-maglite to fit into the scope area and light it up if the lens is clear bonded to the flashlight lens. Get it? Turn the shotgun lens and the light gos on. Unscrew it all the way to change out the batteries. The barrel on mine was not parallel to the cartridge so I had to break that area apart. The material is strong but also very brittle, it breaks like a china plate. All of my engraving is now fixed so hopefully I can begin gold-leafing. I think the base is "ok" and I'm just re-positioning the fingers to be "open" so the gun just sets on the hands. Will LEARN to post pics shortly... :D

Dave

For the pics, you can use www.imageshack.us once they're loaded, press alt+g when you're posting a message a little box pops up. Then copy and paste the link near the bottom of the list of links you get from from image shack. The one that says "direct link to image". Voila, you have posted pics

Originally posted by TimDrakeRobin@Mar 1 2006, 07:54 PM
[snapback]1196786[/snapback]​
the bullet chamber was solid in the areas I didnt want solid, and hollow where I wanted solid. Alot of bondo was used to fix any mess ups. What I did do was after drilling the bullet chambers out I put copper tubing in its place. So after painting the chamber chrome, the copper stands out beautifully.
christopher

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back