Holy Shotgun (PICS ADDED)

Originally posted by TFrosst@Feb 25 2006, 03:20 AM
Is the gun resin?  If so, use Easy Off oven cleaner.  Stick the parts in a plastic bag spray the cleaner inside on teh parts and some extra, seal the bag and let it sit.  Not sure what kind of paint they used, but it should work and not damage the resin.
[snapback]1192456[/snapback]​
Seriously? That's a great tip. I've never heard that before. :thumbsup

I actually got the tip off starwarsmodels.com. He offers some great advice and a great gallery of models.

Originally posted by TFrosst@Feb 25 2006, 03:25 AM
I actually got the tip off starwarsmodels.com. He offers some great advice and a great gallery of models.
[snapback]1192464[/snapback]​
Thanks for the reference, TFrosst.

TimDrakeRobin: If there's any doubt, I'd suggest you try the Easy-Off technique on one of the discarded "demon hands" first, just to make sure that the paint is the only thing that's going to come off easily. :p

Tfrosst, thanks very much for the tip...I will try that on the really messed up hand first to be safe. The other one I maneged to salvage and will mount on my wall to hold items lol.

No problem. Let us know how it goes for you (with pics). I'm planning on buying one of these when I get home. I think it has a lot of potential. BTW, TImDrakeRobin, where did you get the holy water "bottles"?

EDIT: Forgot to add something. After the parts have been sitting in teh bag for a while, when you take them out, use an old tooth brush under running water and scrub the remaining paint off. DON'T FORGET TO USE GLOVES

The details are so poorly incribed that I didn't mess with trying to remove the paint. Just re-primed over the top and went for it.

There are some good shots of the sight cross on the DVD extras. It's pretty basic. Made mine out of sculpey.

Originally posted by Birdie@Feb 25 2006, 05:24 AM
The details are so poorly incribed that I didn't mess with trying to remove the paint. Just re-primed over the top and went for it.
Would it be worth trying to reinscribe the details?

Not sure if it'd be worth rescribing, but definetly stripping. Who knows how much paint DC put on there.

Originally posted by TFrosst@Feb 24 2006, 09:10 PM
Not sure if it'd be worth rescribing, but definetly stripping.  Who knows how much paint DC put on there.
[snapback]1192622[/snapback]​

I'd definitely be interested to know how Tim gets on with the the oven-cleaner method. I'd never heard that one before.

Sanding or a paint stripper like Ntiro-Mors is definitely out with this piece.

Yea I think the detail on this piece is really great, but it is over shadowed by the amoun of paint that is on it in certain areas. I will try stripping it and I will let you know how it comes out.

No problem. Let us know how it goes for you (with pics). I'm planning on buying one of these when I get home. I think it has a lot of potential. BTW, TImDrakeRobin, where did you get the holy water "bottles"?

The Holy hand grenade i made myself. I just watched the Holy Relics part of the DVD and if confirmed what i had already thought...that the Holy Hand grenades were christmas ornimants. So i bout a bunch of em from the dollar store and made a few lol.

The Holy hand grenade i made myself. I just watched the Holy Relics part of the DVD and if confirmed what i had already thought...that the Holy Hand grenades were christmas ornimants. So i bout a bunch of em from the dollar store and made a few lol.
[snapback]1192664[/snapback]​

I couldn't find those decorations for love nor money :(

It's just a small clear christmas bulb. Craft stores carry them. Joanne's fabric had the best size.

The Easy off didnt do anything...Just discolored it. hmmm

I added more Easy off, i will let it sit till morning

OK well the easy off took the paint off of the Clear Resin parts, but not the white resin... so i just used some goof off, very carefully over the area with the most paint on it...enough to see the detail again, so now I just Primed it. Tomorrow I will go and get some gold and Silver Rub N Buff to finishe it up.

Ok, Dang it...I've been holding back every time I pass this thread...I can't stand it any longer....

Here it comes...

Hang on...

HOLY SHOTGUN BATMAN...

Whew...ok...now I can rest.

Hey, great tip on the goof off...That stuff I MUST get.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back