Constantine’s Holy Shotgun Build

Hello fellow RPF folks!

I am a long time watcher on this fine forum and have been in awe of the prop builds people create and so I thought it was time to share my own.

I have been contemplating, procrastinating and wanted to start this project for so long and in the last couple of months (when I get time), I have been working on the Holy Shotgun from the movie “Constantine”. I’ve seen a few 3D models out there, but looking at them closely some of the details, especially the engravings were far from accurate and so I set out to learn Fusion 360 and model my own Holy Shotgun - I want to give a big shout out to Punished Props Academy for the excellent Fusion 360 course. If you have been thinking about learning Fusion 360 but felt some trepidation to do so (like me) I highly recommend the course from Punished Props. With it being “prop centric” you quickly learn a good amount of tools and knowledge required to get you underway creating… yay!

The progression so far… I started with the main crucifix body so I had a solid base to model the other components from. After this was in a good place I added some of the larger details like the ‘slots’ and the holes in the front of the barrel. Next up came the cross sight and then I tackled modelling the torch.

I then moved onto the ‘dragon’s breath’ attached to the underside of the barrel. I first started with the business end. The flared ‘teeth’ proved quite a challenge to get them right with my beginner knowledge of Fusion, but I think I got there in the end.

I have now started to work on the rings which the coiled tubes (?) run through, and after those I will start modelling the tubes and the ‘box’ (I assume contains the fuel for the Dragon’s Breath) in front of the cylinder.

I am sure I will need to go back and tweak some things. I will 3D print a few parts to make sure the tolerances I have are correct as I am sure these will be one of the things I will need to adjust - all in all I think it is looking pretty decent so far

Before I forget I should mention I am using the images from the PropStore of the “Hero Mechanical Holy Shotgun” as reference, which have been an excellent resource.

I will post updates when I have made some decent progress. Thank you.

HolyShotgun.png

Hello fellow RPF folks!

I am a long time watcher on this fine forum and have been in awe of the prop builds people create and so I thought it was time to share my own.

I have been contemplating, procrastinating and wanted to start this project for so long and in the last couple of months (when I get time), I have been working on the Holy Shotgun from the movie “Constantine”. I’ve seen a few 3D models out there, but looking at them closely some of the details, especially the engravings were far from accurate and so I set out to learn Fusion 360 and model my own Holy Shotgun - I want to give a big shout out to Punished Props Academy for the excellent Fusion 360 course. If you have been thinking about learning Fusion 360 but felt some trepidation to do so (like me) I highly recommend the course from Punished Props. With it being “prop centric” you quickly learn a good amount of tools and knowledge required to get you underway creating… yay!

The progression so far… I started with the main crucifix body so I had a solid base to model the other components from. After this was in a good place I added some of the larger details like the ‘slots’ and the holes in the front of the barrel. Next up came the cross sight and then I tackled modelling the torch.

I then moved onto the ‘dragon’s breath’ attached to the underside of the barrel. I first started with the business end. The flared ‘teeth’ proved quite a challenge to get them right with my beginner knowledge of Fusion, but I think I got there in the end.

I have now started to work on the rings which the coiled tubes (?) run through, and after those I will start modelling the tubes and the ‘box’ (I assume contains the fuel for the Dragon’s Breath) in front of the cylinder.

I am sure I will need to go back and tweak some things. I will 3D print a few parts to make sure the tolerances I have are correct as I am sure these will be one of the things I will need to adjust - all in all I think it is looking pretty decent so far

Before I forget I should mention I am using the images from the PropStore of the “Hero Mechanical Holy Shotgun” as reference, which have been an excellent resource.

I will post updates when I have made some decent progress. Thank you.

View attachment 1748477
Looking great!

Will be getting back to this during the Christmas break. I’m going to try and do a couple of test prints of a few parts to test the tolerances.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back