Holy Shotgun (PICS ADDED)

:lol you're buying 3? Now that's a devoted fan. Good for you. I'm really interested in seeing your progress on these.

LOL, yea. Well I bought the one I fixed up. I bought another one for show, and my lil Brother owes me some doe so when I get it I will get another. I need one that i can break down because I am gonna do a Constantine Short Film. So I need the pieces, and then i need the put together prop. It should be a fun project.

Great paintjob.

I guess you can make anything look good with a kickass paintjob. Hats off and good luck with the new project. Im redy to be impressed again :)

LOL. I Don't know If I want to take on the responsability of painting someone elses prop. I would be afraid it would get damaged in shipping or something.

Originally posted by TimDrakeRobin@Feb 27 2006, 05:47 PM
LOL. I Don't know If I want to take on the responsability of painting someone elses prop. I would be afraid it would get damaged in shipping or something.
[snapback]1195049[/snapback]​

well, if this is a solid piece, it shouldn't get damaged, but just in case, thats why God invented insurance..... But I can understand where your comming from

Hey Tim,

When I did my shotgun, a piece broke off the bottom of the grip when I removed one of thefingers. The main body appears to be at least partially hollow, and the resin is very thin in places. Thought this might be useful info when you're dissecting your next gun :)

Yea, I noticed that with the base to, actually i believe it was mentioned before so I actuallu cut into the base where the but of the gun was first to find the wire and pulled that out first. It was going at an angle. So after that was out it was all pretty easy.

In regards to painting them for others...would they already be removed from the base or would I have to do that as well as paint them?

Originally posted by TimDrakeRobin@Feb 27 2006, 07:14 PM

In regards to painting them for others...would they already be removed from the base or would I have to do that as well as paint them?
[snapback]1195120[/snapback]​

I would remove mine from the base before shipping the item to you if you offered painting

TimDrakeRobin, you used rub n buff for the finish right? Do you have a pic of it just painted gold?

What's this about the handle being hollow? Is the whole gun hollow? TimDrakeRobin, can you post a pic of what wire you're talking about?

The handle is hollow. When I removed mine it left this unsightly chipped hole in the bottom of the handle. A lindo and some sanding cured the problem quite easily.

Hey, how about a step by step with picks from the taking it apart to the redo.
This would make a great project for all of us who have them.
Thoughts?
Tom

You know what's wierd? I actually thought about doing this, with pics, when I took mine apart but just figured no one would care. :lol

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Feb 27 2006, 07:49 PM
You know what's wierd?  I actually thought about doing this, with pics,  when I took mine apart but just figured no one would care.  :lol
[snapback]1195158[/snapback]​

wow, that it weird ...... :lol

OK, OK, I will allow someone to take mine from the box to rebuild and photo the whole thing so you can share with the world how.

Who wants to take mine on, I'll ship.
:)

Tom

Tell you what, Tom. Give me another day or so, and I'll have mine finished. If you like it, maybe we can work something out depending on my workload.

I am willing to do repaints for people as long as I do not have to remove it from the base...this is wher the most damage will occur lol. Sorry I didnt take any real progress pics as I was in full on work mode while doing it. I did use Rub N Buff, it worked really Really well. I primed it black first of course after i stripped all the paint off of it lol. Even then it only made a slight difference in the detail. # coats of clear later and it was done.

PM me for info on re-painting them if you like.

Well, Mine arrived today, and it took me roughly 25 minutes to remove the shotgun from the base... I more or less pried off the fingers with a flat head screw driver, and they came off rather easily...

I believe I can re-attach the fingers that came of for the entire base to be reused and looking like new...

The only problem I ran into was removing the handle of the gun from the base itself, it left a hole the size of a quarter under the handle which I'll have to fix... Also I lost 3 little ends off of the Dragons Breath while removing the gun from the hand, but thats all minor

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back