HIC cad flies.

zook250

Hi,

would anyone have the CAD files for the HIC box that they can share with me? i have a local millwork company that can cnc the mdf for me, but the files would speed up the process.

thanks

curt

Welcome!

I suggest you go to Yahoo and join the "Han In Carbonite builders club" in the Yahoo Groups. The files you are looking for were created by CKing who is also a member here, and they are available in the Yahoo Group. You'll find many people willing to help there.

Of course, there are always people here like Zenix and others who are happy to help as well. Be sure to use the search feature and find all of the threads showing progress and completed projects by the members here, there is a wealth of information here. Also, there are several highly accurate and detailed parts available here to help you with your build.

Good luck, and be sure to post pictures of your progress and the finished prop!

thanks for the quick reply. i have signed up for the HIC builders club, but i have been awaiting aproval for some time.

i like zenix's boxes, but since he sells them, i wasnt sure if he would share his files with me. i'll contact him.

i have been on every thread on this subject and i am very impressed with all the helpful tips and pictures of great hic builds,

this place is awsome.

thanks
curt

There may be some sheet metal plans there that I drew up in CAD, but it's been so long I have lost any copies I had, and I have no idea my old login info...so if you DO get in the group you may find my CAD files. :)

I could be mistaken, but I believe that Zenix used the CKing files to build his boxes. The CAD files are readily available and were generously provided for free by CKing. If you aren't able to find them, I have them saved on my PC at home and will provide them to you. I'm not sure who mod's the Yahoo HIC Builders club, but I'm sure it's probably just that they haven't logged in there in a while.

Cking messaged me back, he lost the files when his hard drive crashed. i just recieved a message from the HIC builders club, I'm in.......

there are dxf and edrw files in the file section, are these the CAD files i need?

thanks
guys

If you can tell me who made the files I'll tell you which ones I worked on. I'm not sure which would work with MDF as mine were flat layouts intended for sheet metal (I used aluminum).

PM me your email address and I'll send you the files I made (from ckings CAD work) to cut my box. The files are Illustrator format.

I have the site file right here. It's a dwg file, but I can convert to whatever you need.

Keep in mind the side panel pockets were put on this drawing before the volvo panels were known. I have a separate drawing for that as well.

email me philip@rebelscum.com

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back