Hicks - Personal Items Transport Case WIP

spoudastis

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What started off as a way to display my Aliens watch collection morphed into something a bit larger once i started digging into some of the other colonial marines/Hicks gear. I thought it might be interesting to create a fictional personal transport case that Hicks used to stow his personal gear.

Materials

-US issue night vision case (Sportsman's Guide - Outdoor & Hunting Gear, Guns, Ammo and Fishing)
-Weapons case foam (Foam | Gun Case Foam | Carolina Custom Foam)
-Lights (railroad set - HobbykitShop - Etsy)
-Stencils cut out on my wife's cricut

Items

-H&K VP-70 - Hicks sidearm (excellent print by Jediguy )
-Explorer MM-IV (the actual model knife used in the film, not the commonly thought Gerber MK-II)
-Savanna Bronica Lighter
-Seiko Pulsemeter
-Seiko 7A28-7000 (the black version of the iconic watch worn by Ripley. The silver is pretty hard to come by so i post rationalized adding this black version as it could be more of a dress watch for the colonial marines)

Still some work to do but was able to get the foam cut and the lights installed today. I'd like to dirty up the outside of the case a little more and obviously paint up the VP-70, which is a whole other thread.

IMG-2380.jpg

IMG-2382.jpg

IMG-2384.jpg

Love it!

How did you cut the foam? I’m going to do something similar for a pulse rifle and I’m kind of terrified I’ll screw up the foam

Love it!

How did you cut the foam? I’m going to do something similar for a pulse rifle and I’m kind of terrified I’ll screw up the foam
Thanks. I for the detail cutting I used a brand new x-acto blade and cut at a slight angle just underneath the edge of the item. I used a bit of a "sawing" motion with the x-acto as opposed to to a slice which tends to get caught up. I have 3 layers of 1/2" foam so that i could tune how much the items were recessed based on their thicknesses. Cutting the foam to the case size, I used a serrated bread knife which works really well.

Good luck on your project!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back