Aliens M314 Motion Tracker - Yes, another one or two with CAD and 3d printing

Printed out the hama lens in resin.
Was a great test. The first try, the lens was printed vertically, but when polished the layer lines were still visible when looking straight through. So printing the lens horizontally, and then sanding with 240, 360, 600, 1500 with a bench grinder buff, resulted in a really nice lens.
Lens at the top is straight off the printer.
2nd one is a polished with print lines vertical.
last one in the frame is the horizontal print.
1000001006.jpg

1000000999.jpg

1000000997.jpg

1000000994.jpg

Here is a label I made for the handle decal if it is handy for anyone making one. I printed it and celloglased it and it looks good. There are two versions. One is like the original and one has some changes. (cm to m etc) It's not perfect for fonts but printed at that size you cant tell at all. (Original label for comparison).

Attachments

• calc panel sticker.pdf
    142.8 KB · Views: 30
Here is a label I made for the handle decal if it is handy for anyone making one. I printed it and celloglased it and it looks good. There are two versions. One is like the original and one has some changes. (cm to m etc) It's not perfect for fonts but printed at that size you cant tell at all. (Original label for comparison).
Thank you this is amazing quality and a huge help!

I ordered some 1mm acrylic sheet to test for the T28 and vivitar top "glass". It finally arrived and so I put it through the laser cnc at work. They came out much crisper than the 3d printed resin versions. The T28 calculator panel base and slide was printed out at 0.1 FDM, so I'll try a resin print at 0.05 to see if it comes out cleaner. Next up are the decals and to see if I can replicate the movement of both.

1000001217.jpg

1000001219.jpg

1000001222.jpg

1000001220.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back