HIC cad flies.

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by zook250, Mar 14, 2012.

1. zook250

zook250 New Member

Hi,

would anyone have the CAD files for the HIC box that they can share with me? i have a local millwork company that can cnc the mdf for me, but the files would speed up the process.

thanks

curt

2. DS Operative

DS Operative Well-Known Member

Welcome!

I suggest you go to Yahoo and join the "Han In Carbonite builders club" in the Yahoo Groups. The files you are looking for were created by CKing who is also a member here, and they are available in the Yahoo Group. You'll find many people willing to help there.

Of course, there are always people here like Zenix and others who are happy to help as well. Be sure to use the search feature and find all of the threads showing progress and completed projects by the members here, there is a wealth of information here. Also, there are several highly accurate and detailed parts available here to help you with your build.

Good luck, and be sure to post pictures of your progress and the finished prop!

3. zook250

zook250 New Member

thanks for the quick reply. i have signed up for the HIC builders club, but i have been awaiting aproval for some time.

i like zenix's boxes, but since he sells them, i wasnt sure if he would share his files with me. i'll contact him.

i have been on every thread on this subject and i am very impressed with all the helpful tips and pictures of great hic builds,

this place is awsome.

thanks
    curt

4. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

There may be some sheet metal plans there that I drew up in CAD, but it's been so long I have lost any copies I had, and I have no idea my old login info...so if you DO get in the group you may find my CAD files. :)

5. DS Operative

DS Operative Well-Known Member

I could be mistaken, but I believe that Zenix used the CKing files to build his boxes. The CAD files are readily available and were generously provided for free by CKing. If you aren't able to find them, I have them saved on my PC at home and will provide them to you. I'm not sure who mod's the Yahoo HIC Builders club, but I'm sure it's probably just that they haven't logged in there in a while.

6. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

Perhaps it was CKing's CAD files I used to derive flat sheet metal layouts.

7. zook250

zook250 New Member

Cking messaged me back, he lost the files when his hard drive crashed. i just recieved a message from the HIC builders club, I'm in.......

there are dxf and edrw files in the file section, are these the CAD files i need?

thanks
    guys

8. hankey01

hankey01 Sr Member

If you can tell me who made the files I'll tell you which ones I worked on. I'm not sure which would work with MDF as mine were flat layouts intended for sheet metal (I used aluminum).

9. Laser Brain

Laser Brain Sr Member

PM me your email address and I'll send you the files I made (from ckings CAD work) to cut my box. The files are Illustrator format.

10. Rebelscum

Rebelscum Sr Member

I have the site file right here. It's a dwg file, but I can convert to whatever you need.

Keep in mind the side panel pockets were put on this drawing before the volvo panels were known. I have a separate drawing for that as well.

email me philip@rebelscum.com