Help with electronics for a Korben Dallas Blaster resin kit?

I just purchased a hollow resin kit of Korben Dallas’s Blaster from The Fifth Element. Can anyone point me towards where I might source the electronics? It seems simple enough. Just a counter on the left side and an LED on the front. The tricky bit is the counter and whatever would be needed to make it function. Any ideas?

I’m also interested in a kit or alternative solution for the counter as I’m working on a 3D model for printing. Did you ever find anything?
I did not. I wasn't satisfied with the casting I got so I've been working on a 3D model of my own. The electronics search has taken a backseat for the moment. Apparently the hero prop only showed 999 on the counter and never actually counted, but I feel like I would want mine to function. I'm thinking when I'm farther along on the modeling I'll try to find someone who knows what they're doing with an Arduino to add the lights and maybe some sound.

I didn't care for any of the castings or 3D models out there either and don't want to spend the money on one of the higher ends ones. Your reference photo post helped a ton. I didn't realize you were the one to post those until I went to copy the link (here for anyone else looking). I'm getting close to a first draft for printing done. Just working on the lower frame now. I was inspired by the 2012 Dredd gun build with the much more complicated electronics and features, but I don't have the electronics knowledge to build something out like that. Worst case, I just put a red LED at the front, maybe even try a backlit counter cutout, but a working counter would be awesome.

I didn't care for any of the castings or 3D models out there either and don't want to spend the money on one of the higher ends ones. Your reference photo post helped a ton. I didn't realize you were the one to post those until I went to copy the link (here for anyone else looking). I'm getting close to a first draft for printing done. Just working on the lower frame now. I was inspired by the 2012 Dredd gun build with the much more complicated electronics and features, but I don't have the electronics knowledge to build something out like that. Worst case, I just put a red LED at the front, maybe even try a backlit counter cutout, but a working counter would be awesome.
Yeah. That Dredd build looks fantastic. I bought a file to convert an airsoft pistol and had that printed in nylon. It looks pretty good, but still needs some work.

I'm also interested in a solution for those since I have been planning a run of metal blasters for next year :) hopefully someone can come up with something nice :)
I'd definitely be interested in a metal kit, when you get that going! Let me know if you're interested in what I come up with for a model. I'm still in the early stages and tend to work slow, though.

My gitbub page has code and guides for electronics that you can use for lights and sounds. The mando code will get you 90% of the way there and it's very easy to customize. Props3D - Overview

I also have working code for a blaster round counter I'm doing with a friend, it's for a pulse rifle but it will translate to your build easy enough. I'll share the code with you now if you're OK taking it the rest of the way, or maybe wait until I publish a release next month with it all working.

My gitbub page has code and guides for electronics that you can use for lights and sounds. The mando code will get you 90% of the way there and it's very easy to customize. Props3D - Overview

I also have working code for a blaster round counter I'm doing with a friend, it's for a pulse rifle but it will translate to your build easy enough. I'll share the code with you now if you're OK taking it the rest of the way, or maybe wait until I publish a release next month with it all working.
Thank you! I'll wait until you finalize your pulse rifle code since that does seem like it would translate well to this project. Definitely plan to do a few of your builds.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back