Help identifying what appears to be a replica prop.

You have a lot of options these days on making that thing work. It all depends on what kind of space you have in that hilt. And as far as value goes i don't think its worth very much anymore. I believe that particular hilt sold in the $200-300 range in the early 2000s. Not sure you'll get even close to that now. The FX saber forum would be the place I'd start looking for info on working saber builds but there is plenty of folks on here that know What they are doing too.

My guess to what you will find when you open up the battery compartment is not much. A battery sled wired to a puck driver to that jack. The blade will be the female jack to the el wire wrapped in diffussive paper.
The outer diameter of the blade and battery pack sit flush with the inner diameter of the hilt. I’m not sure what kind of space I’d need specifically to modernize it, as it appears to be older tech from what I’ve read from you guys here.

through minor disassembly it also appears as if there’s some small wiring and such missing, but if I’m gonna redo the whole internal setup that’s unlikely to be an issue. As for having space for in the hilt, it appears as there’s very little. As I mentioned the blade sits flush in the hilt such that there’s no room, on top of that I’d be scared to machine anything new into the hilt. It seems as if all the space I have to work with is in the blade itself, but then again I’m not sure what all goes into these kinds of setups.

I’m not sure the utility that could be provided by the additional tear down, but here’s a picture of everything as disassembled as I can get it, at least for now.

It doesnt look like a lot... but did you take a REAL measurement?

Sabers over the years have 'shrunk' in size (due to the more SMD sized electronics available..etc)..

Looks like the metal tube is the 'center' that all other pieces slide over/connect to then?

IMHO.. everything 'gold' goes..

and the blade doesnt need to be pushed down that far for your NEW saber...

What are you looking to do? Just light it up? Lights and sound?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back