HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

Proton pack experts... Is this the right Alice frame for the pack?

Here's a great video by Matthew Swaim over at The Proton Pack Is Not A Toy on what ALICE frame to get for the Haslab pack (
)

HASBRO has announced that going forward, all their Spengler's wands will come with orange tips. The change is due to, with the release of the Proton Pack, the wand is no longer considered a display item. It will now be a role-play item & need to meet public & con standards.

Just wanted to give those who have pre-ordered one of the change.

I HONESTLY don't know how to feel about this from a COMMON FREAKING SENSE standpoint, but whatever.
I just got a new hasbro wand and the tip was not orange.

While Hasbro is still in the production phase of making the new orange tips those won't start arriving until spring 2023. Now existing stock was located in China and was purchased by BBTS and EE so anyone that pre-ordered the wands from them around last December are getting shipped the originals now.

Last edited:
Proton pack experts... Is this the right Alice frame for the pack?

No, while the frame itself and even the straps are close, you'll want the one made by Rothco if you want the same one from Afterlife. If you did buy the Fox one, you can always get the Rothco straps and it'll be basically the same.

Last edited:
Update from Hasbro!

Good news on the bigger Spengler's journal! And the (limited) ability to power the pack (back) up from the wand is a nice addition too.

Update from Hasbro!

Really happy with the update and the small but meaningful upgrades they’ve made to the pack! Gonna be a long wait until next Spring…

Sean

Agreed, some people will nitpick this update but for me it was a total win and provided a lot of great new additions to the pack, the fact you are provided clamps to attach the alice frame versus having to screw or drilling into the pack is very convenient and being able to power the pack from the wand function for up to five minutes idle was a great con friendly feature.

So 'this' arrived and to say I'm happy is an understatement, the toy I wanted since I was a kid! I'll still be building my own pack with all the bells and whistles but this one will be a fun tinker project along with the Haslab pack to repaint and weather next year.

Yup, they won't be dropping any production news until at least late January barring additional delays, they should have the pack already tooled for molding and mass fabrication by then.

There are two issues they will be dealing with, the Christmas push for production of the end of the year push and controlling cost with inflation.
Hasbro won't want to interrupt normal production schedules for overall market products. That means production for Christmas needs to be wrapping up quickly now. Then there will be a push for specialized products like this to be made a quickly as possible to avoid rising prices. I expect we will se these in early spring of 2023.
For those who have not already, I would be ordering the Alice frames and any other prop parts you will use to upgrade the pack. I have already ordered parts from different sources in anticipation of making certain upgrades. GBFan site along with Macks Factory are good sources to find many items you will need. I also like supporting a license company with Mack's for GB parts as they are doing a beautiful job with the parts they have out now. My orders have turned around quickly with them, literally a couple days after ordered to receiving them. The GB Fan site has been slower lately although still very consistent with getting parts out, expect right now about a two week turn around.

Last edited:
There are two issues they will be dealing with, the Christmas push for production of the end of the year push and controlling cost with inflation.
Hasbro won't want to interrupt normal production schedules for overall market products. That means production for Christmas needs to be wrapping up quickly now. Then there will be a push for specialized products like this to be made a quickly as possible to avoid rising prices. I expect we will se these in early spring of 2023.
For those who have no already, I would be ordering the Alice frames and any other prop parts you will use to upgrade the pack. I have already ordered parts from differe3nt sources in anticipation of making certain upgrades. GBFan site along with Macks Factory are good sources to find many items you will need. I also like supporting a license company with Mack's for GB parts as they are doing a beautiful job with the parts they have out now. My orders have turned around quickly with them, literally a couple days after ordered to receiving them. The GB Fan site has been slower lately although still very consistent with getting parts out, expect right now about a two week turn around.
Right on the money, Hasbro would rather eat the cost to increase their production schedule now because in the long term it would be two or three times next year if this curve of inflation remains constant. I haven't ordered a frame mostly due to differing opinions which is the closest to the afterlife setup but it's probably a good idea. tripoli would it be possible to DM me that parts list you've stockpiled? I would sincerely appreciate it!

For the wand I have replaced the Clippard Valve with a real valve via the GBFan site. I have replaced the front static plastic black button with a real push down red button, Lowes. I have replaced the right side metal knobs with metal knobs off the GBFan site. Also the green tubing with real tubing via the GBFan site. I have replaced the rotational wand knobs on the left side with Mack's Factory knobs, I did the curled second knobs as that was later used for the next films. I kept the silver aluminum knobs Hasbo gave as they are so close it does not make sense to tear it down for those two pieces. I am thinking of ordering the metal clip along with the banjo pieces and replacing them on the tip. I can see two round inserts that hold screws and I am debating if I want to tackle that for the wands next. If I do, I will go with GBFans or Mack's, which ever has the stock at the moment.
I have picked up the Rothco frames as they match to the Afterlife film. Purchased directly from Rothco (They have occasional sales). I have two Clippards picked for that via GBFans. Iam holding on anything else until I see the pack in person, but pretty sure I will replace the Dale Resistors and crank knobs, just seeing if they are molded in or clipped into the frame.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back