HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

I finished up the interior of the cyclotron on my pack a short while ago. The switchplate is simple flashing and constant 5mm LEDs behind a resin 3D-printed part from digital files by TacoBelli on Etsy. I prised off the top of the 'cake' and drilled and dremelled out the gaps before cutting a circular piece of acrylic sheet and scuffing and weathering it. The inner lights are a 9cm pixel ring with an inline controller (also inside the cake).

The whole thing is run from the original D-Cell batteries via a separate feed from the battery terminals and through a momentary normally-open switch mounted into the edge of the cyclotron housing. This allows the interior lights to come on when the cover is removed and go off when it's reattached. To get the pack to stay on with the cyclotron cover removed, I bridged the brown and black ground wires on the small array of 4 connectors on the cyclotron edge to fool the main board into thinking the cover is attached even when it's not.

IMG_1331.jpeg IMG_1341.jpeg IMG_1452.jpeg IMG_1451.jpeg IMG_1466.jpeg IMG_1399.jpeg IMG_1650.jpeg IMG_1651.jpeg IMG_1642.jpeg IMG_1821.jpeg IMG_1822.jpeg

I spent the weekend adding real grounding wires to the pack, definitely one of the more tedious things I've done on this pack so far.
PXL_20230423_002637781.MP.jpg

PXL_20230423_031836066.MP.jpg

PXL_20230424_052851865.MP.jpg

PXL_20230424_062434156.MP.jpg

It really adds to the overall look of the pack having real wires in place of the molded rubber ones it came with!

I'm nearing the home stretch modding this thing, Last things to do is add the various tapes around the pack/weathering and switch out the ribbon cable/clamp and this guy will be ready to sit on a shelf and look pretty!

Anybody who has replaced the ribbon cable clamp on the cyclotron, what did you do about the switch underneath? Did you disable it? Move it? Modify the new clamp to work like the original one? I want to keep the alert sound effect when it's disconnected in some way, just looking for the easiest way to do that.

I moved it to the blank switch under the top boxes.
I'm talking about the little button underneath the clamp that activates the emergency alert when you unclip the clamp, not the switch inside the cyclotron. Is that what you're talking about?

Anybody who has replaced the ribbon cable clamp on the cyclotron, what did you do about the switch underneath? Did you disable it? Move it? Modify the new clamp to work like the original one? I want to keep the alert sound effect when it's disconnected in some way, just looking for the easiest way to do that.
I moved my to the power cell door, so the alarm trips every time that door is opened.

I moved my to the power cell door, so the alarm trips every time that door is opened.
Oh that's a good idea. I was thinking move it under the edge of the cyclotron cover so it trips when you actually take it off, but the power cell door sounds like it might be easier. Do you have a pic of how you mounted it in there?

I'm talking about the little button underneath the clamp that activates the emergency alert when you unclip the clamp, not the switch inside the cyclotron. Is that what you're talking about?
Yup, I soldered it to a switch and put it in the dummy switch because I swapped out that ribbon cable connection for a screw down one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back