HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

Ned Figglehorn

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Proton pack experts... Is this the right Alice frame for the pack?

Here's a great video by Matthew Swaim over at The Proton Pack Is Not A Toy on what ALICE frame to get for the Haslab pack (
)

QuinnMallory

HASBRO has announced that going forward, all their Spengler's wands will come with orange tips. The change is due to, with the release of the Proton Pack, the wand is no longer considered a display item. It will now be a role-play item & need to meet public & con standards.

Just wanted to give those who have pre-ordered one of the change.

I HONESTLY don't know how to feel about this from a COMMON FREAKING SENSE standpoint, but whatever.
I just got a new hasbro wand and the tip was not orange.

Andy

While Hasbro is still in the production phase of making the new orange tips those won't start arriving until spring 2023. Now existing stock was located in China and was purchased by BBTS and EE so anyone that pre-ordered the wands from them around last December are getting shipped the originals now.

Last edited:

BlueSaber

Proton pack experts... Is this the right Alice frame for the pack?

No, while the frame itself and even the straps are close, you'll want the one made by Rothco if you want the same one from Afterlife. If you did buy the Fox one, you can always get the Rothco straps and it'll be basically the same.

Last edited:

wayouteast

Sr Member
Update from Hasbro!

Good news on the bigger Spengler's journal! And the (limited) ability to power the pack (back) up from the wand is a nice addition too.

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update from Hasbro!

Really happy with the update and the small but meaningful upgrades they’ve made to the pack! Gonna be a long wait until next Spring…

Sean

Andy

Agreed, some people will nitpick this update but for me it was a total win and provided a lot of great new additions to the pack, the fact you are provided clamps to attach the alice frame versus having to screw or drilling into the pack is very convenient and being able to power the pack from the wand function for up to five minutes idle was a great con friendly feature.

Andy

So 'this' arrived and to say I'm happy is an understatement, the toy I wanted since I was a kid! I'll still be building my own pack with all the bells and whistles but this one will be a fun tinker project along with the Haslab pack to repaint and weather next year.

Ned Figglehorn

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I really enjoyed this update! Hopefully for the next update they will maybe show off the polished electronics and their features.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.