cwstandards

Hi Everyone,

I just completed a quick refinish to a Hasbro Anakin Skywallker (ROTS) lightsaber. It's part of Hasbro's bladebuilders lightsaber collection. I picked it up at Walmart for about $13 CAD. I got it for a Halloween costume as my partner and I are going as Captain Rex and Anakin Skywalker, both in Rule 63.

I just wanted to post this little lightsaber repaint project I completed

Original Lightsaber:
6175uqPq7eL._SL1024_.jpg

Process:
- I sanded this whole thing down to get rid of the caution warnings and logos
- spray painted a base layer of silver metallic, let this cure for a couple days
- painted in the black details

Lightsaber 1.JPG

- painted the metallic gold details using a paint for modeling
- painted the "ruby" parts with a base layer of cinnamon and then painting over with a clear metallic red
- began the weathering by mixing black, brown, and cinnamon to give a "marbled" weathering of blended colors - brushed on thicker coats of this mix and then removed most of the paint with a damp cloth
- weathered the entire lightsaber and made sure to get a good amount of the paint in the creases or raised parts
- dry brushed some metallic silver on certain areas to give a worn metal look
- on the inside of where the blade comes out I tried to create a sort of heated metal look by painting in brown/red/blue stripes and then dabbing the paint away to give it those subtle colors
- sealed the paint job by spray painting a clear coat over the whole thing
- I did leave the telescopic "blade" in there just for fun at the Halloween party - most people I've seen refinish these Hasbro lightsabers do take the blade out

Here is the finished product:
Lightsaber 2.JPG .

I am happy with it especially for a Halloween costume!

Please check out my other thread for my Clone Trooper Foam Build, as I am creating a full Captain Rex armor using foam floor mats :thumbsup

Thank you and feel free to leave comments/suggestions for my next repaint!

Attachments

• Lightsaber 1.JPG
    Lightsaber 1.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 555
  • Lightsaber 2.JPG
    Lightsaber 2.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 702
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back