Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Hello ghargis,

I'm a newbie to these forums, is there a certain type of paper you print the book of monsters on? BTW great work, a lot of time and effort on your part I'm sure and so kind of you to give back to everyone here.

After many hours at the computer on Harry Potter Wiki, Google Image Search, Word and CorelDRAW I present to you, in alphabetical order, the 115 page Monster Book of Monsters. :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53306791/Monster Book of Monsters.pdf

I will not lie, some of the information is difficult to read, not only because of the font, but because of the direction of text. But not knowing all about a creature makes it that much more mysterious...an possibly dangerous. :lol Also, you'll find some filler text just for the look.

Anyways, when you print it, if I might suggest, add your own hand written notes on each beast, for a little extra touch. Perhaps, if you're talented enough, some anatomy drawings even. In the actual pages, what few are out there, there appear to be ink splatters on the pages...which I plan on recreating when I print mine. I would also suggest going over the images with a fountain pin, to make them sharper and more "hand drawn." Also when printing, print in black and white only, this will get rid of they gray and make things more "ink-like."

I truly enjoyed making it and I hope everyone enjoys it. I take no credit for the images used or the basic information on the creatures. However, when/if you read it, I think you'll find a lot of my own creative writing and that was the fun part! You may also even recognize some other Monsters from other literature, movies, myths etc....:lol It is a big file, so it might take a while.

Enjoy! Let this be my Christmas present to all! Or Holiday gift, if Christmas isn't your thing!:)

WOW! this is really great work! I love the references to other books and movies, like the balrog and orc, and the "moonbeast" LOL. But if i may suggest some things, one would be to add page numbers, and possibly small designs for the corners to take up some space. (unless of course the movie prop doesn't have these details) Another thing would be to increase the font size on the pages with no pictures, so it could be more easily read, and so it would look more complete. GREAT work though! C:

But if i may suggest some things, one would be to add page numbers, and possibly small designs for the corners to take up some space. (unless of course the movie prop doesn't have these details)

These pictures (attached in this post) have been posted a LOT of times on this thread but I guess they could do well now to show how accurate ghargiss monster book of monsters really is.

Glad you guys like the pages!

@crabra-comander I'm printing mine on kraft paper that I've bleach for a more handmade look, but I did a few on parchment resume paper and they looked good too. I'm sure any cool paper would look great though.

@jazzygeoffery thanks for the suggestions! I though about making the font larger, but I liked to keep it all a fairly similar size. As for the page numbers and designs,but I tried to keep is as close to the "real" ones as possible.

@Rubeus Hagrid Thanks for posting those and the complements! Really appreciated.

Hi everybody!

I'm a new member who has just finished her first prop, a gift for my best friend who is another crazy HP fan. Now I only need to fill the prop with beans and it's ready.
I would like to share it with you and thank you all for making this thread the treasure it is! :) :love

ECL, thanks a mill for the file for the Bertie Bott's prop. :)

bertiebottsprop.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back