Monster book of Monsters & Proclamations

robmiles90

Hello, I've recently been working on a replica page from the Harry Potter Monster Book of Monsters.
It's not a brilliant replica, but I am quite pleased with it, considering it was hand drawn with a bit of wire and ink (couldn't find my dip pen at the time) Also I didn't have very good references, but hey ho it's my first attempt at making a prop and I really hope to carry on and improve. I have a page of a grindylow and a kelpie but they're not as good.

Also I'm trying to track down some typefaces for Umbridges Proclamations from Order of the Phoenix. I've sorted the "Ministry Decree" font, but am struggling to find the others. Does anyone have any idea where I might find them and how do you go about tracking down that mystery font thats been eluding you?!

Thanks guys, really useful especially the WhatTheFont, but alas it failed to find the fonts I needed. I'll keep searching and hopefully something will come up.

That font is called Morpheus. It's a commercial font, but there are knockoffs around. It's also stretched (not just re-kerned), so you'll have to play with it.

These are what I recognise from the Proclamation off the top of my head. If I remember any more I'll let you know.

ilHX5A.jpg

And a copy of the one from the HP wall art website, I think a lot of their stuff is based on the original works.

These are what I recognise from the Proclamation off the top of my head. If I remember any more I'll let you know.

ilHX5A.jpg

And a copy of the one from the HP wall art website, I think a lot of their stuff is based on the original works.
Thank you SOOO very much for this!!!!! :DThe Harry Potter prop makers reuse alot of the same text fonts, so this has helped me with many other paper props!!

ilHX5A.jpg

THANK YOU SO FREAKIN MUCH!!!!!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH RESEARCH AND TIME YOU JUST SAVED ME!!!!!! :love:love
I went to the exhibit and have the text for all the proclamations! Including the exact "bla hbl Ahb blah" stuff the designers put at the bottom!!! Very grateful! If you know of any other fonts used in the proclamations that would be great!!!
I plan to make all of them (and thanks to you, that shouldn't be very hard now) an sell them on the JY, but because you were so helpful I would give you them!
Thanks again!

What font have you used for the "Proclamation" segment? I have been unable to find the exact font used, only very similar ones... In the end I redrew it :)
I think it's the same font as "will submit to", "suspected", "activites"... so Archive Antiqua Extra Cond

woooow Monster book of Monsters prop looks perfect!!! i was looking for its pages since long time. i absolutely love it! :)

Thank you so much @Thumbhead Tracking down fonts seems to be the hardest thing to do and you've just saved hours of searching!
And thanks @Aj23 when I get the time I'm gonna rework them with Secretary Font and then I'll up load them :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back