Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Discussion in 'Free Harry Potter Paper Props' started by Hinkypunk, Feb 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk Well-Known Member

Hello Harry Potter fans--

Due to the large amount of graphics I have been doing and the disorganization of the threads we have been posting on, I decided to organize all of my items onto one thread.

Recently Updated:

The front page of this thread is getting completely revamped from text links to thumbnail links for creations to be shared. The dead links have been removed and more stuff will be added as time and contributions permit. If you have comments on the links or content or would like to contribute please post your comment to the thread rather than PMing it to Hinkypunk or Barneyrfd.

Candy & Weasley Stuff

Whiz-Bang Fireworks by Woozlemom, Bertie Botts Box by ecl
    Weasley Price tags by ElliotStone, Chocolate Frog Cards by decat

wiz-bang-1.jpg berniebeansbox-1.jpg weasleyprice1-1.jpg weasleyprice2-1.jpg

chocfrogcardSlytherin-1.jpg chocfrogcardHufflepuff-1.jpg chocfrogcardGryffindor-1-1.jpg chocfrogcardDumbledore-1.jpg

Books

Tales of Beedle the Bard & ADV Potion Making By ecl, Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore by ElliotStone

bbardecl-1.jpg advpotions-1.jpg backspine-1.jpg

Misc.

Misc Ministry of Magic graphics & ADV Potion Making Chapter by DavyHPFan
    Hogwarts Tag and Library Checkout list by Elliotstone, Scrivenshafts Sticker by Wooze

two-1.jpg potionschapter5pg2728-1.jpg stamp-1.jpg stamp2-1.jpg stamp-1.jpg pic001-1.jpg DECREEFORTHEJUSTIFIABLEETC-1.jpg
    owlcharmspaper001-1.jpg Indexcard-1.jpg quillbox-1.jpg Expresstag-1.jpg

Daily Prophets

youknowwhosmall-1.jpg undesireablecopy-2.jpg

Weasley Wizard Wheezes & Zonkos

trickssmalljpg.jpg unopoo-1.jpg canyousmellsomethingcopy-1.jpg eggscopy-1.jpg justlikethathatcopy-1.jpg micesmall.jpg

extendableears.jpg aviatsmall.jpg boxingscope-1.jpg electricshocksmall-1.jpg antigravityhatssmall-1.jpg custardpiessmall.jpg

jinxsmall.jpg stickytrainerssmall.jpg portableswampsmall.jpg rubbyochickensmall.jpg weasleywandssmall.jpg

Magazine Covers & Pamphlets

witchweeklysmall.jpg seekerweeklysmall.jpg broomsticksmall-1.jpg witchweekly2small.jpg seekerweekly3small.jpg mudbloodsHR-2.jpg

Miscellaneous

dumbledoresarmy-1.jpg ollivanders-1.jpg harrynotes-1.jpg lockhart2-1.jpg invisibilitycloakletter-1.jpg

test1copys.jpg test2copys.jpg test3copy2.jpg test4copy2.jpg test5copy2.jpg test6copys.jpg

test1blank-1.jpg test2blank-1.jpg test3blank-1.jpg test4blank-1.jpg test5blank-1.jpg test6blank-1.jpg

lilylettefrontr-1.jpg lilyletterback-1.jpg wwsignsmall.jpg albuswillsmall.jpg lunalostsmall.jpg polyjuicesmall.jpg doloreslettersmall.jpg

kwikspellpg1small.jpg kwikspellpg2small.jpg kwikspellenvelopesmall.jpg durmstrang-1.jpg

Books
    When Muggles Attack -

whenmugglesattacksmall.jpg
    whenmugglesattackspinebacksmall.jpg

Mudbloods and How to Spot Them -

spotmudbloodssmall.jpg

Defence Against the Dark Arts -

defenseofthedarkartssmall.jpg

defenseofthedarkartsback-1.jpg

Dark Forces -

smallDF.jpg

Gilderoy Lockhart's Guide to Household Pests -

household.jpg

The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore -

albus-1.jpg

A History of Magic -

historysmall.jpg

Magical Waterplants of the Highland Lochs -

waterplantscopy.jpg

Dark Arts Defence / Basics for Beginners -

darkartssmall.jpg

Advanced Potion Making -

Potionsmall.jpg

Hogwarts, A History -

hogwartssm.jpg

Death Omens -

deathomenssmall.jpg

Charm Your Own Cheese -

charmsmall.jpg charmspine-1.jpg charm-1.jpg

One Minute Meals -

oneminutemealssmall.jpg

Flying with the Cannons -

cannons3small.jpg

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration -

transfigurationsmall.jpg

Ancient Runes Made Easy -

ancientrunessmall.jpg ancientrunesspine-1.jpg ancientrunesback-1.jpg

Secrets of the Darkest Arts -

secretssmall.jpg secretsback-1.jpg secretsback2-1.jpg

Unfogging the Future -

unfoggingsmall.jpg

Miscellaneous Stuff

Potion Labels
    These labels can be used on any bottles, however, Terryhimself directed us toward some great ones that Michael's sells and these are designed specifically for them. Each number corresponds to the bottle number.

bottlesnumbered.jpg

1: Wartcap Powder - Wolfsbane Potion - Death-Cap - Draught of Living Death

wartcappowder-1.jpg wolfsbane-1.jpg deathcap-1.jpg draughtofliving-1.jpg

2. Dittany - Drink of Despair

dittany-1.jpg drinkofdespair-1.jpg

3. Agrippa

agrippa-1.jpg

4. Antimony - Armodillo Bile - Horklump Juice

antimony-1.jpg armodillobile-1.jpg horklumpjuice-1.jpg

5. Amortentia

amortentia-1.jpg

6. Unicorn Blood

unicornblood-1.jpg

Bottle Labels

Butterbeer - Daisyroot - Ockyrot - Quintin Black

butterbeer-1.jpg daisyroot-1.jpg ockyrotsmall.jpg quintinblack-1.jpg

BRUCELEE42's STUFF
    Books
    Standard Book of Spells - Magical Theory - Magical Drafts & Potions

Standardbookofspells-300dpi-14x21-5-1.jpg Magical-theory-300dpi-14x18-1.jpg MagicalDraftsandPotions300dpi-11p5x15p75-1.jpg

Bottle labels

White Rat Whiskey - Knot Grass Mead - Fire Whiskey

White-Rat-Whisky-300dpi-1.jpg Knotgrass-Mead-300dpi-1.jpg Firewhiskey-label-1.jpg

Seed packets

Gillyweed-Seed - Mandrake-Seed - Devils-Snare - Fanged-Geranium - Mimbulus-Mimbletonia

Gillyweed-Seed-Packet-1.jpg Mandrake-Seed-Packet-1.jpg Devils-Snare-Seed-Packet-1.jpg Fanged-Geranium-Seed-Packet-1.jpg Mimbulus-Mimbletonia-Seed-Packet-2.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. Bobbywan

Bobbywan Well-Known Member

WOW! Thanks!

Bobby

3. SloppyGhost

SloppyGhost New Member

Do you have any of the book covers with a spine and a back added to them?

4. Norbert

Norbert Well-Known Member

5. cristobal

cristobal Active Member

Thanks for all this work put together! A very hard one!
    Suggestions : letters ? Howler , acceptance letter , Kwikspell ... Bank one , Sirius letter carried with the Owl...
    Another cool props : Magic id. Card from the book Film Wizardry , candies packaging ...

6. lynx0099

lynx0099 Well-Known Member

Hinkypunk, i love your stuff, all of them are just wonderful. oh may i ask you something; is Lily Potter's letter from harry's artefact box? thank you very much.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  7. keelhauler

keelhauler Well-Known Member

anyone know what size the Gilderoy test pages are? 8.5x11? Larger? I know they are supposed to be printed front and back.

Thanks for posting all this great work in one place Hinkypunk! very cool of ya! :)

8. Hinkypunk

@Bobby - You're welcome!

@Sloppy - I do not, I have just been repeating the background along the spine and because I'm putting my books up high on a shelf, where if they were opened, no one would notice that its not actually ancient runes made easy, but actually and old copy of Lord of the Rings. However if you need any spines or repeating backgrounds, I'd be happy to oblige.

@Norbert - We'll get the rest of the hogs head bottles some day, I promise you, but like I said, the one is hard and the old ocky rot bottle has a lot of words I can't read because they are behind the wall. As far as printing the Daily Prophets, you can either print it in half and do seams, or you can make it smaller and print it on 8.5x11 but it won't look very good. I recomend the seam version if you dont know anyone that has a very large printer.

@Cristobal - I can do the howler letter most definitely, I think I already have the font. However there is only one set of instructions ----> HP Howler- Instructions by *mizutamari on deviantART for how to make a howler and I haven't tried it yet. If anyone is good at origami, I'd really really like to know cuz I'd love a howler at actual size. The one there is really big.

As far as your other requests go, Kwikspell is on my list of things to do, the sorcerer's stone thread has acceptance letters. At some point I will be making a real one, but that won't before my party (March 12th). I have no idea what Bank One is and which letter from Sirius? I don't have the film wizardry book, so if you want something out of there youll have to take pictures of it and send it to me.

@lynx - the letters from lily aren't official by any means. I just wanted to have one so I made that. When my artefact boxes come sometime in 2013, because thats my usual timeframe when working with Noble Collection, I'll make one that looks like the one in the box for everyone. Until I have an actual photo of it, this is what we've got to work with :(

@keelhauler - In the photos they look like they are about 11 x 17, but we've only seen one bit ot it. I designed them all at 8.5 x 11 for muggle printers.

9. Hinkypunk

Update: Added Luna Lovegood's lost poster. If it doesnt work, let me know, cuz for some reason when I click on it, it isnt working...

10. Stefan Jones

Stefan Jones Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

great work ! thank you very much !

11. woozelmom

woozelmom Well-Known Member

Hinkypunk as always great work and much appreciated. You are the BEST.

12. CharmedOne14

CharmedOne14 Active Member

Thanks for the Daily Prophet! Can I request "Dumbledore Draft or Dangerous?", and his obituary?

13. terryhimself

terryhimself Well-Known Member

I'M working here......

14. Hinkypunk

*squeals* !!!!!!!

yay!!! howd you print it?!

15. terryhimself

Two 8.5x11. printed after I had cropped two images of the paper. I am going try and attach more pages to make it fuller.

16. Hinkypunk

ahhhh i see the seam! You should just glue it to a newspaper =o

17. terryhimself

I am going to try the newspaper trick. I need to do some resizing but it should work fine.

18. Hinkypunk

UPDATE!

I added the Kwikspell stuff! Tomorrow I'll be adding all of Bruce's stuff to this thread, but I spent a lot of time today chasing a mouse. Freals.

19. cristobal

cristobal Active Member

Kwikspell stuff is nice!!!Thanks
    Only thing to improve are hands gifs that are low resolution.Somebody is able to find them?
    This is a place where paper prop makers from HP movies get their material:http://www.clipart.com/en/

20. lynx0099

but i really love so much your version of Lily Potters letter Hinkypunk

21. Hinkypunk

Ahh Cristobal! That link is in english! I was trying to find the hands from the website you linked me with the yak and cauldron, but it wasn't in english >< I'll see if i can find them on here

22. cristobal

cristobal Active Member

XDDD Sorry , this page had both languages English and Spanish... so you should look for "mano" or "caldero" instead of "hand" and "cauldron"...XDDD

23. Hinkypunk

I found one that can fit for the side, but it doesnt look right. No luck finding the one thats on the top :(

24. cristobal

cristobal Active Member

Hand found ... look at your pm.

25. terryhimself

Anyone have a thought on what type of stories and layout are on the back page of the Daily Prophet?

madron likes this.
  26. Norbert

27. Hinkypunk

There were 27 not-so-important news articles during the 1995 year. There are enough of them to "fake" our way through the back pages of the newspapers. Of course we don't have the text for them, but the majority of them should be easy enough to do.

I'm working on the back of that daily prophet right now, but I won't be able to finish it today. I had to work a 14 hour shift yesterday and I'm exhausted.

28. Hinkypunk

UPDATE: Added the Polyjuice Potion page, thanks for all the references JamesDragon!

29. lynx0099

Hinkypunk, another amazing work! thank you very much really i love to see them soooooo much. i am gonna print all of them and remember you forever :)

30. Hinkypunk

Don't forget to take a picture of it after you print it!! I really want to see what everyone is doing with this stuff :(

31. woozelmom

Hi Hinkypunk,
    Where did you post the polyjuice potion page? Or did you mean you are adding it to your to do list?

32. lynx0099

ohhh certainly i will, now my printer doesnt work as soon as i fix it i am gonna print most of your stuff. you are one of the best creators i have ever seen on this forum really.

33. terryhimself

polyjuice is on the first page of the thread.

34. woozelmom

Thank you so much :0) I had just clicked on the last page of the thread when I came in :$

35. Hinkypunk

Okay, I'm not in a daily prophet mood. I can't decide what else to make right now. More potion bottle labels?

Also, I think I perfected my butterbeer recipe.

36. elfstacy

elfstacy Member

Thanks for organizing everything, Hinkypunk! I'ts really mind boggling all the work you've done. I love the Polyjuice page. I had typed up my own and was waiting for my hubby to do the artwork, but now I won't need to!
    Ooh, please post your butterbeer recipe. I was just thinking of adding some butterscotch ice cream syrup to cream soda...haven't tried it yet though. I've got all my friends saving brown bottles for me to put butterbeer labels on.

37. Hinkypunk

I will gladly share it with you stacy :)

1/2 Cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
    1 tsp of vanilla flavoring
    2 tbsp of powdered sugar
    24 oz of cream soda, preferably clear
    1 tsp of vanilla butter & nut flavoring
    1 tsp butterscotch syrup or tbsp of butterscotch schnapps

In a small container with a lid (something you can shake, I used an old dressing bottle) You can also put this in a bowl if you want to whisk it, but I like the result of shaking first. Put the heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar into this computer and shake it til its completely mixed.

In a glass, put 12 oz of cream soda, one tsp of the vanilla butter and nut flavoring, and a tbsp of butterscotch syrup. Mix these well, otherwise the syrup makes it look funny. Warming it up helps a bit.

When you finish that, take your cream and pour it on top of that. There is enough cream for 2 glasses.

This recipe is really easy to duplicate, but I recommend tasting it first! If its too sweet, too half tsp of the vanilla butter flavoring and only 1 stp of the butterscotch. If you want a stronger taste, use less butterscotch. Pretty much just makes it yellow cream soda at that point, but thats basically what it looks like in the movie!

As with the butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, it tastes better chilled.

38. lynx0099

Hinkypunk maybe quidditch or yule ball or maybe something like black family sign etc would be lovely, i am trying to make a quidditch world cup ticket now, i just took its photo from film wizardry book but i think i mess it up :(

http://www.therpf.com/f9/harry-potter-film-wizardry-98788/#post1448177

i tried to fix mcgonagalls letter but unfortunately my printer is broken, so i took its photo by my camera that is why it has an awful quality :(

39. ElliotStone

ElliotStone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Polyjuice page, its outstanding as always and I'll have to make a point to try that butterbeer recipe, tried a few already.

40. Hinkypunk

Hello everyone-

Every day I do what I can to make props for everyone to use, even if I myself don't make use of them. I spend hours doing them and do what I can to make them as close as I can to on screen replicas.

However, every day I also get messages telling me that "this is wrong and you should fix it." Strangely enough, the majority of those folks aren't the ones that are posting on this thread saying 'good job'. These are the ones that are using my work and complaining that it isn't perfect.

I'm not getting paid to do this. I'm doing this because I'm nice, I love Harry Potter, and I like to be helpful. I even had a few requests for non Harry Potter things and I did them as well.

I don't want anymore 'you did this wrong' private messages. I will no longer reply to them. If you don't like what I'm making, don't use them. Simple as that. If you want it perfect, you can start with a blank canvas and do it yourself.

That being said, if you didn't send me a message similar to the above, I love you and I will continue doing what I can, and thank you for everyone that posts on this thread. :love

~Hinkypunk

41. lynx0099

Hinkypunk dont get them serious, i personally adore all of your works. you have a fan from another continent here :) there are rapacious people who sell a piece of poly juice paper for money, finally it is just a paper and when i was kid what i learned from my family was that: we must share our toys!!! thanks for sharing your 'toys' with us. i just think all of them are perfect :)

avacarter likes this.
  42. Norbert

@Hinkypunk: you are very much loved on here and I love your work keep it up! I enjoy seeing what you come up with next! I agree with you about people giving you messages telling you that "this is wrong and you should fix it." They only have a right to complain when and if you start making official licensed props for someone. then your getting payed for it, then you can give you there massages. Until then those people are being mean. So just keep up with your doing and you get all the love your really need and then more :)

avacarter likes this.
  43. terryhimself

You know where I stand. You are the cats meow! ( Thats a good thing)

44. elfstacy

elfstacy Member

Thanks for sharing the Butterbeer recipe. It sounds delicious! I had never heard of the vanilla butter and nut flavoring before so I looked it up to see that McCormick makes it. I will check next time I'm in the grocery store!
    I'm sorry to hear you have been getting messages from people who are telling you the things you have done are "wrong". That's wrong! You are so incredibly talented and have worked so very hard. I personally think you are an ANGEL and I feel so fortunate that I found this forum in time for my son's HP party. All that you have done is going to make it so much more magical for the kids and their families.

45. JamesDragon34

JamesDragon34 Active Member

i once informed you that i gave wrong references (sorry!), but you know that i love your works and without you this would not be possible, so accept my apologies! :)

46. Bear

Bear Sr Member

I agree with them, your work is fantastic, and you are most kind to share it with us. I think the people who complain about FREE!!! props, probably have nothing better to do than complain( it makes them feel good about themselves I guess). I also wonder, if they're complaining about your props, because they wan't a "perfect" prop that they can steal and sell.

We all love ya:love:lol

47. woozelmom

Hinkypunk,
    Like Hagrid says to Hermione after being called a bad name, "Don't you think on it" "There isn't a prop out there that our Hinkypunk can't do" You are the best and you are appreciated,
    WE LOVE YOU!!!!:love

48. CharmedOne14

CharmedOne14 Active Member

Right on!

49. Hinkypunk

Thank you to everyone that posted after my reply. I've been on a 24 hour hiatus because we had inspections at my apartment complex today, so I spent yesterday getting it as clean as humanly possible. However when they showed up, they didn't even leave my living room. They sat here for 20 minutes playing with my Harry Potter Levitating Challenge game >_> Oh well.

@Lynx - You have the Film Wizardry book right? I want to make everything that is in, and I don't have it. Would you be willing to take photos of a bunch of stuff in it? I'm currently looking for the cat on Umbridge's letter to McGonagall.

ALSO if you want something designed, put it ON THIS THREAD! I'm getting too many PM's and keep mixing them up and forgetting about them. And if you have extra reference photos on something, please put it on the thread. Something I haven't designed yet though. I don't like seeing hi-res photos of something when I spent time working on something that was low-res when I worked on it.

50. terryhimself