Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

thistle98's post with the potion bottles made me think, would anyone know how to get corks for bottles? I made potions a while back and I just put plastic wrap tightly around the top of the bottle and covered it so you couldn't see. or can I get newer bottles with corks with them already? thanks! :)

thisle98, cool bottles! I only made Felix Felices, Amortentia, Veritaserum, and Polyjuice. Although I have to do the Polyjuice again because my first method turned blue after a week

@Gryffindor1991
You can buy bottles with corks at Michaels craft stores. They look good. I just picked up 2 today. What do you put in them???

@everyone
I know everyone is hard at work but i have a request...
A Skele-Gro bottle lable...Would anyone be up to it???

Michael's is where I got my bottles. They came in a package of varying sizes and are the Tim Holtz brand so I know you can find his stuff online too.

CHAMPIONS NOTE - CEDRIC DIGGORY

Added the following images to the first page of this thread under BARNEY'S STUFF - Goblet of Fire

Cedric's Champions note full front & back.
Cedric's Champions note front & back with no background.

They print out full size at 4 x 6 " but are hi-res so other sizes will print out okay.

Thanks to JamesDragon34 for the scans.

I think that just leaves Viktor's note (and some of you are saying thank goodness I'm sure ;))

bfd

@ Barney I really like the Munchies logo, it has a lot of possible applications so it should be a fun one, maybe even make a luch sack for my sis for work.

@ Thistle98 great looking potion bottles and welcome to the thread :)

I was able to put together a couple of books today.

Untitled by justin_time_01, on Flickr

These two pictures are meant to replicate some what the scene when Hermione picks up the book in Bathilda's cottage

I'm very pleased with how they turned out.
Many thanks to Nicki, ecl and Luke for the Beedle cover I mashed up two images and created my own design on the back
Many thanks to Hinky for the front cover of Life & Lies, I did the open window on the cover and used a photo I adjusted on the inside page and then did the edges with highlighter like Luke did and it turned out a great shade of green after several layers.

Last edited:
Thanks for the name note, I'm trying to figure out how to display them actually coming out of my GoF thing from Noble. Oh, and 600 DPI??? That's HUGE!

Yeah, I've already set a day to go to the Powerhouse here in Sydney to see it.. I would snap pics like crazy, but they say you can't, but will take camera in case.. Though, I am looking at going while school is on, as too many kids would be running around in the holidays..

@ingridkyc - I think Sydney is the only stop over for it in Australia.. It's opening the 19th November 2011 and goes until the 18th March 2012..

For those interested, you can read up on the Exhibition here:

Harry Potter The Exhibition. Sydney. 19 Nov 2011 - 18 Mar 2012.

Worse thing about it all is the rule:

Is photography permitted in the exhibition?
Due to contractual obligations with Harry Potter: The Exhibition, we may not permit photography of any nature inside the exhibition. You can still take photos anywhere else in the Powerhouse Museum as long as you don’t use flash.

So, I'll see what I can do..

WOW thank you! Okay I am planning to go there in Feb/Mar, I should be in Mel at that moment, I am not gonna miss it!!!!! :)

@ Barney I really like the Munchies logo, it has a lot of possible applications so it should be a fun one, maybe even make a luch sack for my sis for work.

@ Thistle98 great looking potion bottles and welcome to the thread :)

I was able to put together a couple of books today.

These two pictures are meant to replicate some what the scene when Hermione picks up the book in Bathilda's cottage

I'm very pleased with how they turned out.
Many thanks to ecl and I believe it was luke for the Beedle cover I mashed up there two images and created my own design on the back
Many thanks to Hinky for the front cover of Life & Lies, I did the open window on the cover and used a photo I adjusted on the inside page and then did the edges with highlighter like Luke I believe did and it turned out a great shade of green after several layers

Wow! Your books look great! As much as I would love to take credit, the only thing I supplied for the beedle bard cover was reference pics. But yes, the highlighter on the pages was my idea :p
Can you post the file for the note to Bathilda from Rita? And what did you use to clip it? I've never seen that kind o a clip before...

@ecl, wooze, elliot , luke...thanks for the kind words on the Munchies logo. It will be a fun one to use on stuff for sure.

Nice job on the books elliot.

@SoraStitch and thistle98 thanks! I will have to run by Micheal's this weekend and see what I can find :) I live in my grandparents' old house so we always find old stuff and I found a box of really old bottles in the basement and I cleaned them really well and put the potions in them. They didn't have any kind of tops though

@bfd, I was wondering if you were still going to do that Ministry pamphlet that is from HBP. I'm still willing to come up with something for you. I would have before now but I haven't had the chance yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance

That works great!!! Now I just have to buy a toy skeleton to make the rest of the bottle! Also does anyone have scans of the wwohp pumpkin juice label?? I found sort of sa bottles and i need a pj label. I already have butterbeer and firewhiskey

Sheesh.... I had like 3 pages to catch up on >< So much reading to do.

I'm out of commission for a bit. I briefly mentioned to bfd about my details, but I've been in the hospital, and need a few days of relaxing... I've got a few more book covers done up and I tried doing the flesh eating slug repellent label, but mostly I'm just laying down.

@Elliot: Awesome books!!! I believe the Beedle bard Graphic has been though several people's hands. I modified the spine and graphics on a file that was done by nickilenart. The thickness and size/proportion of the book you used looks spot on! The one I'm working on seems thinner than the original. The Rita Skeeter book looks awesome too! Always love seeing reproductions of the books.

@Hinky hope you feel better soon

Wow! Your books look great! As much as I would love to take credit, the only thing I supplied for the beedle bard cover was reference pics. But yes, the highlighter on the pages was my idea :p
Can you post the file for the note to Bathilda from Rita? And what did you use to clip it? I've never seen that kind o a clip before...

I did the Bathilda note by hand with a ballpoint pen, I did a nicer one with a fountain pen for that quill type look but I misplaced it. For the round paper clip I just used the ring off an old keychain. Thanks luke and ecl for the kind words.

P.S. Hope you feel better real soon Hinky :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back