Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Awesome to see so many updates and new projects!!!

I haven't been doing much in the way potter stuff :( However I did finish putting together my Potions book...but now I'm wishing the inside pages weren't blank lol.

There is scene in the the Half Blood Prince, in the Gryffindor common room where Harry, Ron, and Hermione are sitting around the couch, and Harry is looking through the potions book, and it is very obvious that the pages are silver gilded, reflecting the firelight. They also end up passing it around in that scene, and the page edges are seen even more clearly through the movement. I went ahead and gilded mine silver as well. So basically the book is finished enough for me lol.

Not sure what else to work on now!

hp3f.jpg

hp5p.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments :) This was the main prop that I wanted to make for myself. There are still some small issues I have with it but overall it was an interesting experience. The recent High resolution photo of the cover that was on the EW site would have been helpful if I had it when I was working on it!! But then again there appeared to be several subtle variations of the book (cover material and subtle shadow variations in the Potion Making title) based on the references I found and screen shots.

@Hinkypunk, I had thought of making a few more to see if I can improve on them, but I'll have to consider that at a later date as making this one drained me of my prop making motivation for now lol. Mostly because of the foil, it was really hard to get it close! I wish I could just spend more time making prop replicas hehe, but there is never enough time :( I will write up a tutorial soon on how I made the book! I can post it in this thread.

Last edited:
omg this is ridiculous... I mean... how GORGEOUS they are!!! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup I can't say a word when I'm looking at them.. this is completely mad!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Is there any image of Magical Waterplants of the Highland Lochs' back? I wanted to make a prop of the book and I just haven't been able to find the back part.

I'm also interested on getting images of the pages from the Monster book of monsters. I've seen someone in this forum has some good images. Any way of getting them?

Thank you so much!! ^^

I've spent couple of hours on reading the posts,
and I've just finished half of it!!!! :eek
You guys are STUNNING! FANTASTIC jobs!!
May I ask what you guys apply to the book covers to make them look like there is a "clear adhesive/plastic film" on it? (does anyone know what I mean :confused)
oops! is that applying 3M™ Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive directly to the paper cover?

Last edited:
Is there any image of Magical Waterplants of the Highland Lochs' back? I wanted to make a prop of the book and I just haven't been able to find the back part.

I'm also interested on getting images of the pages from the Monster book of monsters. I've seen someone in this forum has some good images. Any way of getting them?

Thank you so much!! ^^

oh I found that Magical Waterplants back when I'm reading the pages (I'm still reading the rest of them)
#1459 might help perhaps? :)

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the double post but over in my HP Craft group someone posted this site for a paper pensieve. There is also a paper greenhouse, Hagrid's Hut and bookmark at the bottom of the page. I want to make these but I am out of ink
Pensieve

oh woozelmom i have just seen this post and i really like it :love do you still plan to make it? if yes may i ask you something? do you know about its measures? do you have an idea about that? thank you for the link.

Thank you so much!! ^^

all backs and spines will be done shortly. phoenixvader was doing the pages you are requesting but i think they all have to be completely redrawn so they are taking some time

That's SOOOOOOOOOO awsome ecl!!!!!!! Brilliant work!! I'm busy working on the tales of beedle the bard book! How did you get de potion book so dark? :D Brilliant once more!

@Anneleen, Thanks! My book appears darker in the photo than it really is because of the lighting, however I did go over it with a few very very light washes of acrylic matte medium with some dark acrylic paint which darkened and aged it a little!

oh woozelmom i have just seen this post and i really like it :love do you still plan to make it? if yes may i ask you something? do you know about its measures? do you have an idea about that? thank you for the link.

Hi Lynx,
No, I don't know how big it will print out. I believe that it prints on a regular 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper so I am imagining it will not be super large. I have added it to my to-do list but believe me it is a very long list so I don't know when I will get around to doing it. :confused

@ecl, FANTASTIC book!! Really! I can't wait for your tutorial!
@bfd, I would be interested, any excuse not to hand my money to Noble is more than fine with me! :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back