Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

I think Luke has a point. They change everything around between films. So some places may be in different spots. I noticed that with Hogsmeade. When they show the village in OotP (when they have the DA meeting in the Hog's Head), then when they arrive there in DH Part 2 it looks like a market square in the center.

what do you all make of this?

"Yes, it's really funny actually that next to no one realized the snake that Harry set free in Philosopher's Stone turned out to be Voldemort's final Horcrux, Nagini." - JK Rowling.

Also this is the book cover WB put out on a shirt

what do you all make of this?

"Yes, it's really funny actually that next to no one realized the snake that Harry set free in Philosopher's Stone turned out to be Voldemort's final Horcrux, Nagini." - JK Rowling.

I don't think its true. I've been hearing that all day and the only source for it is Tumblr. It seems legit though, but not sure. It would be kind of cool.

I dont think I believe it personally. Harry let that snake go in 1991. Voldemort returned completely in 1994. That snake would have been slithering around for 3 years before Voldemort found it. He might have found her earlier, because she IS in the riddle house at the beginning of 94, but in Voldemort's current state at that point, I don't think he was strong enough to make a horcrux

Plus, that snake was off to Brazil ^_^

Barney, the map looks fantastic, you've replicated the Noble version very nicely indeed.

I'm looking at the Film Wizardry Book, page 134 Revisiting Diagon Alley and it shows pictures of Fenrir Greyback abducting/kidnapping Ollivander and you can see that his store is next to Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment.

Although it also shows that facing Ollivanders on the other side of the street going down towards Gringotts is Mr. Mulpeppers Apothecary, Slug & Jiggers and then possibly Quality Quidditch Supplies (QQS is definitely on this side as we see in PS but should not be this far down, this store may just have a Quidditch banner outside for another reason, perhaps quidditch match ticket sales).

Hope this helps and even better if it makes sense.

Thanks Elliot, I will digest this info more thoroughly tomorrow. If i do add to the map, i only want to do so once.

bfd

Ya! Here are some pictures from the Film Wizardry in addition to Elliot's post
The Ollivanders in PS (P.31) and HBP (P.134)

Bfd, In the Lego Harry Potter video game, Ollivander's is near where Florish and Blotts is on your/Noble's map. Diagon alley in that game seems to match the map in regard to the locations on the map.

@ ingridkyc & Hinkypunk - Thank you for the info about waterplants book and pages from the Monster Book of Monsters!!

@Barney - You Diagon Alley's map is great!!!

omg Barneyrfd, this is just awesome! :love have you printed it yet? what do you advice about paper and sizes? i guess it cannot be printed at home with normal printers, right? oh my god really wonderful!

Okay, I've placed an Ollivander's Wand Shop sign on the Diagon Alley map between Broomstix and Flourish and Blotts. This is where it looks to be from the photos posted above. I know it changes later but I'm going with the original location.

I also would like to add in Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes sign right by the Leaky Cauldron but i need a decent Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes sign/logo. If someone can provide one I'll add it to the map as well.

@lynx0099: unless you just want to print out on letter size paper, you will have to go down to your local print shop and have them print it out on 11 x 17 inch paper so the map will be full size. I don't think the paper matters so much as you should probably try to "rough" it up a bit to make it look used before mounting it. Roll it, crinkle it, tear it a little, you know make it look used a bit.

So I need a Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes logo.

bfd

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back