Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

@Barneyrfd, i would be interested in everything that you do bcoz all of them are wonderful :)

@woozelmom, thank you so much for the information. next week i plan to do it, i will inform you about the outcome :)

DIAGON ALLEY MAP

I put this together using a great scan of the map provided by JamesDragon34 from the film wizardry book as a base.

The map is pretty close to the one offered by Noble. The Noble map is 10" wide x 21" long including the frame. The frame looks to be about 1.5" wide so the actual map is then 7" x 18". The map I made should print out nicely on a ledger sheet of paper (11" x 17").

I'm pretty happy with the result.

I put the hi-res image on the first page of this thread under Barney's Stuff - Miscellaneous

I've attached a lo-res sample to this post.

bfd

bfd, this is really wonderful, but I've GOT to ask, where is Olivanders?! The most famous place on Diagon alley seems to be missing, or I'm completely blind!

bfd, that map is amazing! looks like its directly from Noble but better haha :lol
Luke, I was just about to say that! I noticed that when I first saw Noble's map.

bfd, this is really wonderful, but I've GOT to ask, where is Olivanders?! The most famous place on Diagon alley seems to be missing, or I'm completely blind!

luke my young friend, from what I understand this was one of the complaints with the Noble version of the Diagon Alley map. There is no Knockturn Alley either so it is by no means a complete map of the area. It is a however, a faithful reproduction of the Noble map for people to enjoy.

That is not to say it could not be revised to include wording for Ollivanders but I'm not even sure where it would be on this map. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please do.

bfd

DIAGON ALLEY MAP

I put this together using a great scan of the map provided by JamesDragon34 from the film wizardry book as a base.

The map is pretty close to the one offered by Noble. The Noble map is 10" wide x 21" long including the frame. The frame looks to be about 1.5" wide so the actual map is then 7" x 18". The map I made should print out nicely on a ledger sheet of paper (11" x 17").

I'm pretty happy with the result.

I put the hi-res image on the first page of this thread under Barney's Stuff - Miscellaneous

I've attached a lo-res sample to this post.

bfd

Where is Ollivander's and Florish and Blotts?

Where is Ollivander's and Florish and Blotts?

Holy ****!!! Does nobody read these posts anymore!! The map is based on the Noble Map and everybody (wait let me ask my cat...right everybody) knows the Noble map does not have Ollivanders on it.

I did say i will include it if someone can tell me where it goes!!!

Geeze...

(sorry about the hissy-fit...:lol)

:confusedcan anyone please kindly answer me..
Will you apply anything on the covers to protect them?
Or make them look like there is a thin film on them?
I am new here sorry :confused

Holy ****!!! Does nobody read these posts anymore!! The map is based on the Noble Map and everybody (wait let me ask my cat...right everybody) knows the Noble map does not have Ollivanders on it.

Geeze...

I'm not sure this is real but... maybe have a look?
http://quiddity.ocean.free.fr/Matos/PLCeng.jpg
I think maybe we have to watch the 1st (or 6th) movie to figure out where they exactly are,
unfortunately I don't have those DVDs as I am planning to buy them all in once :/

Last edited:
Thanks ingridkyc, I've seen that map before too. It looks like Ollis is just to the left of Gringotts...yes/no???

That actually jives with some other info I've found.

Anyone else have anything definite?

‪Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince "A Trip To Diagon Alley"‬‏ - YouTube
oh! it's near the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

‪Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone | Harry's Wand‬‏ - YouTube
this it much more difficult to guess :wacko
I noticed that they've past "The Daily Prophet" and "The Owl shop"
hahahaha this is killing me gosh I have no idea on it!!!

I literally cried I laughed so hard! Idk why! It's just hysterical to me! Even after like 10 mins! :D
Thanks for the laugh!

Barney, the map looks fantastic, you've replicated the Noble version very nicely indeed.

I'm looking at the Film Wizardry Book, page 134 Revisiting Diagon Alley and it shows pictures of Fenrir Greyback abducting/kidnapping Ollivander and you can see that his store is next to Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment.

Although it also shows that facing Ollivanders on the other side of the street going down towards Gringotts is Mr. Mulpeppers Apothecary, Slug & Jiggers and then possibly Quality Quidditch Supplies (QQS is definitely on this side as we see in PS but should not be this far down, this store may just have a Quidditch banner outside for another reason, perhaps quidditch match ticket sales).

Hope this helps and even better if it makes sense.

Geeze...

I skimmed :p Sorry I will fully read every comment from now on :p Thanks for the laugh xD

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back